The ancient lands.

+2
Techimo
Hushimo HD
6 posters

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS?

Hushimo HD
    Hushimo HD

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? VOZLn

: Male
     Rep18

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Empty Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS?

Post by Hushimo HD February 14th 2012, 7:55 am

As you know, The DSi and the 3DS has been out for some time now, and with the death of the GBA slot on them, the GBA cartridges are now becoming extinct. But out of all the games that will most truly be missed for me is the Sonic Advance Collection...

However, this leads me to ask this question...should there be a Sonic Advance collection for the DS? I mean, they have bought out the Classic Collection and it is great! But what do you think?
    Techimo
    Techimo

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11

Rep15

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Empty Re: Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS?

Post by Techimo February 14th 2012, 10:51 am

I think the 3DS is having GBA games. Could be wrong, but, yes I think there should be a Advance collection.
    Hushimo HD
    Hushimo HD

Rep18

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Empty Re: Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS?

Post by Hushimo HD February 14th 2012, 3:48 pm

I read somewhere that they were going to do it when the 3DS was launched, but all the have done so far is the Classic Collection.

I hope SEGA do it though, because Sonic Advance was one of my all time favourites!

And maybe they could chuck in Sonic Spinball aswell, if it's not too much to ask.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 March 28th 2012, 9:05 pm

Yes, I completely agree. I found the Advance series to be the series that rewrites the original games and brought the traditional gameplay to life in the Dreamcast era (thus the level "Neo Green Hill Zone").

Considering how a lot of the games Sonic Team makes now are bad, and considering how they make so many remakes anyway, I feel this is a must. We need to at least praise the good games, especially the forgotten ones.

My one suggestion is to please make the games save after every act for those like me who die constantly and must re-play both acts in a zone of Sonic Advance 2.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 28th 2012, 9:07 pm

Sonic Advance was awesome, it would be great if they did that.
    sykog
    sykog

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Imagee10

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Blackr10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalg10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Zigzag10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 29th 2012, 1:03 am

It would be nice, but I'd rather see a brand new game. There's been enough re-releases
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? ZtZYh

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Blackr10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Zigzag10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? White10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 29th 2012, 3:07 pm

sykog wrote:It would be nice, but I'd rather see a brand new game. There's been enough re-releases
    Well, I can kind of agree to that, but at the same time, not really, assuming they just have another team doing the collection game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 29th 2012, 3:31 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    sykog wrote:It would be nice, but I'd rather see a brand new game. There's been enough re-releases
    Well, I can kind of agree to that, but at the same time, not really, assuming they just have another team doing the collection game.

That's exactly how I feel! I kind of want it and kind of don't.
    sykog
    sykog

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Imagee10

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Blackr10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalg10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Zigzag10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 29th 2012, 6:47 pm

The original Sonic Adavance is one of the most underrated games. It plays just like the Genesis ones.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 29th 2012, 6:48 pm

sykog wrote:The original Sonic Adavance is one of the most underrated games. It plays just like the Genesis ones.

It's VERY underrated.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 March 29th 2012, 8:40 pm

I agree that a new game is always top on my list.

But re-releases haven't been the problem. Re-releases of re-releases (in other words, more than one re-release) have been the problem.

Of course, with a Sonic Advance bundle for the first time, we won't have to worry about this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 29th 2012, 10:06 pm

I wouldn't mind if they made a rerelease of sonic 06...
    Techimo
    Techimo

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo March 30th 2012, 10:45 am

Super S. Hushimo wrote:I wouldn't mind if they made a rerelease of sonic 06...
    Or remake it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 30th 2012, 3:59 pm

Er, yeah, that's what I meant...
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 March 31st 2012, 7:39 am

Super S. Hushimo wrote:Er, yeah, that's what I meant...
    Not gonna happen. Sonic Team has moved away from 3D adventures. Don't expect them to be made.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 31st 2012, 9:40 am

2.5 is good, but I like the 3D sections better.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Blackr10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Zigzag10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? White10Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 31st 2012, 2:12 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Super S. Hushimo wrote:Er, yeah, that's what I meant...
    Not gonna happen. Sonic Team has moved away from 3D adventures. Don't expect them to be made.
    Well, now I think I have to agree with you, based on recent news.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 31st 2012, 3:33 pm

Recent news? About what?
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medalw11Should there be a Sonic Advance Collection for the DS? Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 1st 2012, 3:35 pm

The Advance games were great, and a collection would be awesome to those who didn't enjoy the games when they came out over half a decade back. I doubt Dimps is going to release a Sonic game this year besides Sonic 4: Episode 2, though, so a collection would be a great kinda-interlude before another portable Sonic game comes out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 1st 2012, 3:58 pm

I think they'll release 2 games this year...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 2nd 2012, 1:13 am

Super S. Hushimo wrote:Recent news? About what?
    I mean the net loss.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 2nd 2012, 12:59 pm

Oh... it confirms that this probably won't happen any time soon.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 April 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:The Advance games were great, and a collection would be awesome to those who didn't enjoy the games when they came out over half a decade back. I doubt Dimps is going to release a Sonic game this year besides Sonic 4: Episode 2, though, so a collection would be a great kinda-interlude before another portable Sonic game comes out.
    There's no excuse for releasing a single game, especially considering how Sonic 4 Episode 2 is 2D and only a minimal section of a game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 2nd 2012, 10:57 pm

Alas, SEGA probably will never do this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content