The ancient lands.

5 posters

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity?

SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? GOMM8

: Male
     Rep4

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Empty What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity?

Post by SpeedyBlueDude August 1st 2012, 11:52 pm

Kind of a weird subject to bring up, but I'm doing it anyways.

What do you think of this, the way Microsoft pays companies to give them DLC before any other company, sometimes even games? Examples being every Call of Duty DLC, Xbox gamers get them 30 days before Playstation gamers, even though Playstation Gamers also pay $50 a year for CoD Elite, they're still treated like second class to XBox Gamers. Or maybe the Skyrim Dawnguard DLC, exclusive for 30 days to Xbox, sorry PC and Playstation, you don't get it just yet. Or maybe that Sony and Nintendo will never get Left 4 Dead 1 or 2, or Mass Effect 1 because Microsoft owns them. Or the GTA 4 DLC, were Sony got them YEARS later. Or most arcade games, they take a while to go to Playstation/Steam because of Microsoft.

What do you think of this, should Microsoft be allowed to keep third party content exclusive to Xbox, and screw over other fanbases, or is it all fair in console war?

I'm personally against it, only First Party content should be exclusive, but you know what they say... money talks...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? ZtZYh

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Blackr10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medalw11What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Zigzag10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? White10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medal13What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? 2nio02t

Rep76

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Empty Re: What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity?

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 2nd 2012, 1:43 am

Yeah, I agree, only first party stuff should be exclusive. Delaying stuff never seems appealing.
    SpeedyBlueDude wrote:Or maybe the Skyrim Dawnguard DLC, exclusive for 30 days to Xbox, sorry PC and Playstation, you don't get it just yet.
    Or at all apparently.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Imagee10

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? White10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medalg10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medal13What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medalw11

Rep34

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Empty Re: What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity?

Post by Schnickelfritz August 2nd 2012, 1:51 am

I was going to say something about how much I hate the Xbox as a game console, but Ctrl+Alt+Del taught me that God hates console fanboys. So screeeeew dat.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? ZtZYh

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Blackr10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medalw11What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Zigzag10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? White10What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? Medal13What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 2nd 2012, 2:12 am

Schnickelfritz wrote:I was going to say something about how much I hate the Xbox as a game console, but Ctrl+Alt+Del taught me that God hates console fanboys. So screeeeew dat.
    Except you're not a fanboy if you hate something.
    iHawk
    iHawk

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? 3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk August 2nd 2012, 9:50 am

I have a PS3, but back when I did have a 360, I was pretty pleased with it.

Just too many shooters though.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

What Do You Think Of Microsoft's Exclusivity? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa August 2nd 2012, 10:30 am

I don't like XBOX too much, XBOX1 had some great SEGA and Tecmo stuff though. 360, I think I can see myself buying a ton of XBLA titles over retail stuff. That indie support is amazing I say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content