10 posters

xbox one reveal

TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

xbox one reveal 3qll2

Rep7

xbox one reveal Empty xbox one reveal

Post by TheLordsbeacon May 26th 2013, 11:59 pm

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this forum before, but I am a 360 guy myself. Needless to say, the xbox one reveal was a disaster. But the conference itself wasn't the worst part. The worst part is the fact that the xbox one will block used games and you will have to pay a fee. The other bad thing is that you will have to connect to the internet at least once a day. I experienced a lot of emotion this week, spanning from sadness to downright anger at all of the news. I have a lot of good memories with my original xbox and xbox 360. Microsoft keeps modifying what they have been saying in order to lessen the blow to us gamers. For instance, a special exception code for military people so they don't need an internet connection, ect. But it is outrageous enough that they would even attempt this on a console. I will paste a couple videos explaining how I feel about it.

This first one basically takes the entire 1 hour long press conference and shortens it to 2 minutes. Sadly, it isn't far from the truth of what happened...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KbWgUO-Rqcw

This second one is more or less just a spoof on what happened...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FMqPvn549ak

I originally had these videos embedded but it appears that HTML has been turned off. I just changed them to links.

Last edited by TheLordsbeacon on June 2nd 2013, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

xbox one reveal 3qll2

Rep7

xbox one reveal Empty Re: xbox one reveal

Post by TheLordsbeacon May 27th 2013, 12:08 am

Oh, ya. At the end of the spoof video above, they mention that they want "2 no 3 xbox ones in every living room." That isn't far off from the truth either because they have a 1 billion console worldwide sales goal. Hmmm. And just in case you were wondering, there will not be an exclusive Sonic title on the System cheese
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

xbox one reveal VOZLn

xbox one reveal Medalw11xbox one reveal Zigzag10xbox one reveal White10xbox one reveal Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 27th 2013, 8:22 am

Xbox 360 was a piece of shit anyway, I have both and I can safely say that I don't want to pay for things I can do on my PS3 easily. Also the Xbox controller sucks, plain and simple. All of the speed that I have with my Playstation controller is completely lost on the Xbox, but apparently it's the best controller ever seen since the 2600 joystick so apparently I'm wrong.

Seriously mate, just get a PS4 or a PC, Microsoft doesn't care for its community.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran May 27th 2013, 8:31 am

Xbox one out of ten, would vigorously attack with metal bat against concrete block again.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon May 27th 2013, 6:16 pm

Anybody seen this article on cracked about the xbox one?

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-features-new-xbox-that-are-about-to-ruin-everything/

Last edited by Yioibon on May 27th 2013, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iHawk
    iHawk

xbox one reveal 3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk May 27th 2013, 9:40 pm

this new xbox is butt
    used to have a 360, didn't like it much so i switched out for ps3 but i can admit it still had it's strong point
    this new xbox however is complete utter butt
    Alex The Hedgehog

xbox one reveal Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog June 2nd 2013, 11:29 am

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft went bankrupt because of this. They keep wasting time on trying to make the console "universal" when they need to focus on making actual games.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran June 2nd 2013, 12:42 pm

Microsoft will not run out of money until the governments of the world and major corporations run out of idiots who think Microsoft products are worth the non-rewritable install disks they're written to in terms of money and the lengthy, laggy install process in terms of time. Xbox One may be a money sink and a half but it's certainly not gonna bankrupt Microsoft. Hell, it may not even be a money sink; Microsoft fanboys seem to enjoy eating shit, after all.

ETA: Remember that old captioned image that everyone reposted comparing the last-gen consoles + PCs of the time using the analogy of DBZ characters? There needs to be a new version for this babby gen. I propose:

WiiU: Goku; Always tries to be nice and genuine (read: doesn't like DRM/DLC much), loyal and friendly, not necessarily the most powerful depending on how you measure, but the most determined and perky by far and always way up there. Very childish, relaxed, and simple, though whether this is good or bad depends on who you ask.

PS4: Vegeta; Self-centered, egotistical ass, doesn't play fair or nice at all (read: loves DRM/DLC, etc., far too much for own good). Strategic mastermind, though cruel about it (read: Sony knows how to make money, though not in very honorable fashions.)

Xbox One: Krillin; A fucking joke. Used to contend with the best of 'em long ago (previous gens), but became increasingly weak-ass by comparison and can do fuck all any more.

PC: Broly; Badass motherfucker, has a trick for every trade, a tool for every situation, and immense potential for raw power, though uses this power with not so perfect efficiency. Can beat the shit out of all of the above and then some in a no holds barred fight. The only reason any of the others are still around is because this powerhouse requires careful management for maximum effectiveness and still wears down after a while.

ETA2: I've noticed, actually, that major players in the console stage -- two specific ones that come to mind are EA and, strangely enough, Microsoft -- are very avidly trying to vouch for a TV-centric (or more pointedly, console-centric) gaming field. I wonder if it's because they're blind idiots who can't see the rise of the PC, or because they're genuinely scared that consoles won't be around in 20 years, like theists are scared religion won't be around in ~200 years, and they're trying to react with zealous insistence contrariwise and that they're right without any proof? Because that's been working out pretty badly for theists, why do console pushers think it will work any better on a much narrower and much more skeptical crowd?
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

xbox one reveal 3qll2

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon September 24th 2013, 9:40 pm

I thought I used to get e-mails whenever some responded to a watched topic.  Oh well.  I'm here now.  I read all of the replies and I pretty much agree with all of them.  I only disagree with Auflodersn assessment of the PS3 controller....I'm not really a fan, but to each their own right?  The xbox 1 controller is another thing that made me sad about the announcement of the X1.  I love the look of it and the idea of rumble triggers.  The controller is important to me, but it isn't important enough to sell my soul for an xbox one.

Of course, since the time I started this thread, Microsoft has reversed most of their bad policies.  However, I still won't be getting one, or at least the first one.  Even with all the drm policies reversed, it still is a giant beta max player with a 500 gig hard drive that cannot be removed.  Also, when the 360 launched, everything seemed to be looking up for Microsoft.  They had an army of great talent under their belt and plenty of cool looking exclusives.  Now look at where the 360 ended up.  They still have great teams like Rare working for them but they are making Kinect games.  Their exclusives pretty much ended with Halo, Alan Wake, and Gears of War (and we knew those were coming out from the beginning).  360's broke down left and right (including my 120 gig 360 pro).  I feel like they are just in it for the money.  If that's the case, I will be taking my money elsewhere.
    Erazor
    Erazor

xbox one reveal Imagee10

xbox one reveal Blackr10xbox one reveal Medalw11xbox one reveal Medalg10xbox one reveal White10xbox one reveal Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 4th 2013, 2:12 am

There's not a lot to say about the Xbox One at this point. It's the ugliest, and most expensive console of the new generation. The former (though gone... for now) policies Microsoft initially brewed up for their services have virtually eliminated whatever scraps of goodwill were left from the few people who still saw the Xbox 360 as a competent gaming platform. John Carmack has gone on record to say the PS4 and Xbox One are virtually identical, only to be corrected when we discovered the PS4 has a sliiiiightly faster processor, meaning the Xbox One literally costs more because of that silly Kinect doohicky nobody wants.

To top all of that off, the launch lineup is a joke. Say what you will about the Wii U's ports. At least it didn't have a pit stain like Ryse uglying things up. And everything else worth getting is either a timed exclusive, launching alongside the PS4, or going to be available on every other platform.

I want to say the system is going to fail. I really do. However, I'm smarter than that. I know ignorant, arrogant, or uninformed tools are going to be lapping these things up like hotcakes under the false belief that, it being he most expensive system it must somehow be the best. Or it's made in 'Merica and I ain't giving my hard earned dolla-dolla-bills-y'all to them slanty-eyed fools, son. Or even just plain, old blind brand loyalty - the most depraved of all justifications for spending money.
    Sir Sushius
    Sir Sushius

xbox one reveal WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Sir Sushius January 3rd 2014, 4:01 am

They seriously should have a bundle without the Kinect for the majority of us who just don't care.
    Zez
    Zez

xbox one reveal VOZLn

xbox one reveal Blackr10xbox one reveal Medalw11xbox one reveal Zigzag10xbox one reveal Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 6th 2014, 5:34 pm

As briefly as I can summari—

Erazor posted in this thread? How did I not know this? God damn I feel bad now.

As briefly as I can summarize my feelings on the matter, I feel that the One was one of the worst announcements in gaming history, but in the interim between announcement and release they were able to smooth over most of what generated the initial intensity of animosity and elevated it from what could've been a disastrous launch to a slightly below average one.

Call it what you will, but it indeed could've been much better, but it, obversely, could've been far, far worse than what it is now.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

xbox one reveal Imagee10

xbox one reveal Blackr10xbox one reveal Medalw11xbox one reveal Zigzag10xbox one reveal White10xbox one reveal Medal13xbox one reveal Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic July 6th 2014, 5:39 pm

The Xbone originally announcement was the worst thing I ever heard from the Video Game entertainment world. A device that constantly spy on you along with a always online requirement. However it is sounding more better with the gone of Kinect and original features. Still not trusting it until it has a bigger library .
    Zez
    Zez

xbox one reveal VOZLn

xbox one reveal Blackr10xbox one reveal Medalw11xbox one reveal Zigzag10xbox one reveal Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 6th 2014, 5:49 pm

Yes, I agree that there's little to justify its purchase at this point.

Unless you really, really, really like Forza 5.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content