Pro
7 posters

Gamer Must Plays!

Pro
    Pro

Gamer Must Plays! 3qll2

: Male
     Rep0

Gamer Must Plays! Empty Gamer Must Plays!

Post by Pro July 27th 2014, 1:39 am

I wanted to know of any good game recommendations anyone has, old or new. I'm a pretty varied type of gamer, open to try a bunch of genres and whatnot, so hipsters, LET EM RIP!
    Any platform is welcome.

Two I'll give out is Zero Escape and its sequel, Virtue's Last Reward. If you enjoy games that are text based and filled with puzzles, as well as deeply story driven, I'd encourage you to give it a go. Bit of a warning though, they are pretty graphic and violent.

Gamer Must Plays! VOZLn

Gamer Must Plays! Blackr10Gamer Must Plays! Medal13Gamer Must Plays! Medalw11

Rep33

Gamer Must Plays! Empty Re: Gamer Must Plays!

Post by 84 July 27th 2014, 5:28 pm

There's this one game I always talk about but I can't seem to remember its name...
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Gamer Must Plays! 56qtD

Gamer Must Plays! Medalw11Gamer Must Plays! Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 30th 2014, 4:58 pm

Ace Combat 5.

Ace Combat 5 is an incredible experience and one of my favorite games of All Time. The production values, from the voice acting to the CG cutscenes to the aircraft models, everything is top notch. The game is an arcade combat flight sim for the PS2, and has some of the smoothest and rewarding controls in the genre. Even if you don't usually enjoy these types of games, this one has so much variety, such a forgiving difficulty curve with adjustable settings to suit your play style if you want a challenge, and so many memorable missions throughout that you're almost certain to have a good time. This is also the first game to introduce a squadron system, so you can give commands to your wingmen and have them cover you or attack targets.

Even if you aren't particularly drawn in by the gameplay, the story should be more than enough to keep you going. The voice acting during both gameplay and cutscenes is all high quality and includes a fair amount of voice talent you may recognize. Seriously, like half the cast had some role or another in Cowboy Bebop. Notable actors include Beau Billingslea, Steve Blum, Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, Wendee Lee, Karen Strassman, Kirk Thornton, and Paul St. Peter. Besides that, the lip syncing is exceptional, the writing is good, and the plot is an enjoyable tale of military espionage, political conspiracy, and the impacts of war from your perspective in the skies above.

The in-flight conversations all throughout the game are also entertaining and do a great job of fleshing out the characters and story. You can interact with your wingmen and other crew and pilots during gameplay, but this ain't no Persona. You only get the options of agreeing, disagreeing or remaining silent here, and your responses don't have a significant impact on the story, but it's still fun to see how all of the characters respond differently to your behavior during each playthrough.

Edit: Oh, and the soundtrack is simply amazing. It's incredibly atmospheric when it needs to be while still maintaining a great deal of variety and memorability. They do a wonderful job of enhancing immersion.

Ace Combat 5 is still only available on the PS2 as of now. If you find it used in a bin somewhere or see a good copy online, be sure to pick it up and give it a try.

Last edited by Super Racer Z on July 30th 2014, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MegaMan
    MegaMan

Gamer Must Plays! WFmvl

Rep0

Post by MegaMan July 30th 2014, 8:28 pm

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Super Castlevania 4
    Tales of Symphonia
    Mega Man 9
    Mega Man 10
    Pokemon Rumble
    Sketch Style
    Sketch Style

Gamer Must Plays! GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Sketch Style July 30th 2014, 9:52 pm

Interested in interactive storybook games? Don't mind some violence and language? Love mystery and Suspense? Then try "The Wolf Among Us." It's currently a digital game(Soon to get physical) on XBLA and PSN. It's an episodic game, made by the same people who made the Walking Dead game. The game plus the season pass is around $20, though I recommend starting out with the demo, or just the first episode. The game is based on the Fables comic series by Vertigo, and is a game purely based on choice. Now the story is linear, but how it plays out is up to you. Give it a shot, you might like it.
    sykog
    sykog

Gamer Must Plays! Imagee10

Gamer Must Plays! Blackr10Gamer Must Plays! Medalw11Gamer Must Plays! Medalg10Gamer Must Plays! Zigzag10Gamer Must Plays! Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 31st 2014, 1:22 am

MegaMan wrote:Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Super Castlevania 4
    Tales of Symphonia
    Mega Man 9
    Mega Man 10
    Pokemon Rumble
    I haven't played Mega Man 9 and 10 yet. Dunno why, I beat the first 6.
    Pooka
    Pooka

Gamer Must Plays! Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Pooka July 31st 2014, 10:54 am

I've got something called Captain Claw that I just remembered. Another must play is Spyro or Crash.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content