The Freedom Fighter
RidersDX
sykog
9 posters

My Review of SatBK

sykog
    sykog

My Review of SatBK Imagee10

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Medalg10My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

My Review of SatBK Empty My Review of SatBK

Post by sykog April 8th 2009, 12:39 pm

Sonic and the Black Knight Review

When Sonic and the Black Knight first came out, I thought it was a horrible idea. Sonic is just not the guy that wields a sword, or any weapon for that matter. But when I actually played the game I found out that it is not so bad.

They actually did a pretty good job with the story. The opening was really nice, smooth animation, it had some humor with Sonic and the chilidogs; I like how the Sonic Games have food in them now. The book style cut scenes were interesting the first time is Secret Rings, but it kid of lost its luster. It’s a good thing the script was done well though, besides Caliburn always calling Sonic a fool. The VA’s improved a little bit, still not great, but better, and the new VA’s weren’t annoying or anything. I found the whole thing with Knuckles hilarious, and Merlina turning crazy in the end and being the final boss was a cool new twist. Overall, I found the new characters to be pretty good.

The normal reaching the goals were great, most of them were the perfect length, while some were a bit short, but that’s not much of a problem. They had a pretty good amount of enemies and platforming, only just a little too many enemies though. Some of the missions were annoying though especially the “don’t touch the townspeople” and the ring chains. Defeat as many enemies as possible is fun, really hard though, but having to do pretty much the same thing without getting hurt seemed like a waste of time. The “fun through the gates before time runs out were also fun, and “legacy,” though really easy, was fun. Most of the other missions were pretty good. The bosses were, done really well, especially “Return of Lancelot.” The blacksmith was nice, but I would have liked it to be more customizable. The other playable characters were not as efficient as Sonic, but I still like being Knuckles, his wild swinging is fun, and is Soul attack is awesome. Multi-player wasn’t all that great.

The controls were what hurt the game most though. Moving from side to side was very slow and unresponsive at time, and scaling the walls was not fun. Not that waggling the wii-mote like crazy isn’t fun, but swordplay could’ve been more professional. I thought you should’ve been to attack out of your shield faster for better counter attacks. Anything I haven’t mentioned was fine though.

The music was done well, not all the vocal songs were that great, except for “Knight of the Wind”, which I really like. Everything instrumental great, but it was a small soundtrack. They choose good songs from previous games, but I would have preferred remixes of them or just whole new sons. I really enjoyed seeing other people’s fan art, to bad I didn’t win though. Collecting items is a nice way for extending playtime, but the game was still way too short. Ill end in a good note, which is the graphics and animation. It was amazing, beautiful colors, everything was very smooth.

Overall, Sonic and the Black Night is a good game, though I don’t know why they thought of Sonic having a sword to begin with.

Story: 8.5, Script: 8.5, Graphics: 10, Animation: 9, Gameplay: 7.5, Controls: 5, Music: 8.5, Extras: 7.5, Replay value: 6.5

Overall: 7.5
    RidersDX
    RidersDX

My Review of SatBK WFmvl

Rep0

My Review of SatBK Empty Re: My Review of SatBK

Post by RidersDX April 13th 2009, 11:30 am

I haven't played the game yet so I appreciate this review. It sounds like a pretty decent game. Great job on the review overall btw.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

My Review of SatBK ZtZYh

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK White10My Review of SatBK Medal13My Review of SatBK 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 13th 2009, 12:28 pm

It's a nice review. I quite liked S&TBK.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 15th 2009, 10:35 am

What a bad review as I said befor....here let me post my review in a different spot....mine's much better.
    sykog
    sykog

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Medalg10My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog April 15th 2009, 7:20 pm

Oh so your'e going to complain about it here too, eh? eye roll
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 16th 2009, 8:19 am

You suck at reviews sykog77....its a fact.
    Zez
    Zez

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez April 16th 2009, 8:24 am

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:You suck at reviews sykog77....its a fact.

No bashing, please.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

My Review of SatBK ZtZYh

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK White10My Review of SatBK Medal13My Review of SatBK 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 16th 2009, 10:17 am

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:Sorry can't do that.
    You will or you will be punished for it. Now return to topic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 16th 2009, 8:17 pm

Sorry, but I don't sway that way. I just have to point out all the flaws about people.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

My Review of SatBK GOMM8

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medal13My Review of SatBK 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash April 16th 2009, 8:46 pm

Do it nicely, and not in a way that could potentially hurt others' feelings.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 16th 2009, 8:47 pm

Light Dash wrote:Do it nicely, and not in a way that could potentially hurt others' feelings.

Now there's no fun in that.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

My Review of SatBK GOMM8

Rep3

Post by Light Dash April 16th 2009, 8:49 pm

Why not put your self in the other's shoes? It shouldn't be fun either way.

Also, great review Skydog.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

My Review of SatBK GOMM8

Rep3

Post by Light Dash April 16th 2009, 9:09 pm

I'd feel bad if I put someone down on purpose, just because it's fun. Also, my nickname for him is "Skydog".
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

My Review of SatBK ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 16th 2009, 9:25 pm

I'm telling you now: if you insult somebody, you're going to be warned for it. No matter how much pleasure you find in it, you'll still be punished for it. Keep that in mind. Break this rule again and somebody can report or warn you if it is considered offensive. Now, this is the last warning. Stay on topic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 16th 2009, 11:25 pm

Sorry, I'm just Fighting freedom for ya.

bad joke I know.,
    Zez
    Zez

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez April 17th 2009, 1:42 am

CoolThanYou68, you are now given a warning. Continue and your punishment will increase.
    Army
    Army

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

My Review of SatBK Blackr10My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK Medalg10My Review of SatBK Zigzag10My Review of SatBK Medal13My Review of SatBK Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army April 17th 2009, 1:59 am

SatBK is a real good game. To bad it's too short.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 17th 2009, 12:54 pm

Zezima wrote:CoolThanYou68, you are now given a warning. Continue and your punishment will increase.

Ha ha!!! not like I care.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog April 17th 2009, 1:00 pm

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:CoolThanYou68, you are now given a warning. Continue and your punishment will increase.

It's true.
    Shadow Dude 64
    Shadow Dude 64

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK White10My Review of SatBK Medal13

Rep3

Post by Shadow Dude 64 April 17th 2009, 1:05 pm

Great review Skydog!
    Zez
    Zez

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez April 18th 2009, 2:57 am

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:

I know you do care. Thanks for listening. :Wink Wink:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 18th 2009, 8:01 am

Zezima wrote:
    CoolerThanYou68 wrote:

I know you do care. Thanks for listening. :Wink Wink:

Then you really don't know me if you think I do.
    Zez
    Zez

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez April 20th 2009, 2:05 am

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:Then you really don't know me if you think I do.

Don't try to coax me into pointing out the blatantly obvious, Mr. Cooler. You do care. Have a nice day, my good sir.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

My Review of SatBK VOZLn

My Review of SatBK Medalw11My Review of SatBK White10My Review of SatBK Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 April 20th 2009, 7:45 am

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:

Don't try to coax me into pointing out the blatantly obvious, Mr. Cooler. You do care. Have a nice day, my good sir.

You Mother F***er I don't give a you know what.

If I get banned that will only make it twenty forums I've been banned from.

I never care.....
    Now now watch the language Cooler.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 20th 2009, 7:47 am

SonicFan 1 wrote:
    CoolerThanYou68 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:

You Mother F***er I don't give a you know what.

If I get banned that will only make it twenty forums I've been banned from.

I never care.....
    Now now watch the language Cooler.

No!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content