Gamer_Colin
10 posters

Master emerald???

Gamer_Colin
    Gamer_Colin

Master emerald??? WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Master emerald??? Empty Master emerald???

Post by Gamer_Colin April 28th 2009, 10:41 pm

Okay in SA1 the Master emerald broke and released chaos, right? Well then in SA2 when It breaks a SECOND TIME chaos isn't released. Also how does it change size in SA2? Thats like changing the size of the hope diamond! :O_o:

Last edited by Gamer_Colin on April 28th 2009, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sykog
    sykog

Master emerald??? Imagee10

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Medalg10Master emerald??? Zigzag10Master emerald??? Medal13

Rep29

Master emerald??? Empty Re: Master emerald???

Post by sykog April 28th 2009, 10:43 pm

Knuckles is magic and Chaos was busy.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Medalg10Master emerald??? White10Master emerald??? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 28th 2009, 10:48 pm

The game designers were lazy. That's my explaination.
    Gamer_Colin
    Gamer_Colin

Master emerald??? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Gamer_Colin April 28th 2009, 10:51 pm

yes, but COME ON!!! But whatever, I guess the plot had no room for Chaos.
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

Master emerald??? GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 April 28th 2009, 10:52 pm

Knuckles grounded Chaos for a week the day before the events of SA2, and so he couldn't leave, and Knuckles magically made the emerald smaller because he wanted to cramp Chaos' living conditions as he pleases....>_>...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Zigzag10Master emerald??? White10Master emerald??? Medal13Master emerald??? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 28th 2009, 10:53 pm

Gamer_Colin wrote:Okay in SA1 the Master emerald broke and released chaos, right? Well then in SA2 when It breaks a SECOND TIME chaos isn't released. Also how does it change size in SA2? Thats like changing the size of the hope diamond! :O_o:
    Chaos didn't go back into the ME though. He went with Tikal to probably Chao Island or something.
    No, the hope diamond isn't magical. Considering the guardian is usually one of strength, the creators of the ME obviously gave the jewel the power to shrink so it would be safe at all times. Knuckles was simply using its power to shrink.
    :Knux:
    This of course is ruined when Angel Island is raised into the sky, and thus can't leave. :Master Emerald
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Medalg10Master emerald??? White10Master emerald??? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 28th 2009, 10:55 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:The game designers were lazy. That's my explaination.

By this I meant that they made the emerald smaller because they were lazy. It doesn't have anything to do with Chaos.

I don't know where Tikal took Chaos at the end of SA1 but according to SA2 it wasn't the Master Emerald but also according to Sonic Battle it was. (Although I'm a bit fuzzy on this as well as I don't know how Sonic Battle incorperated it exactly even though I saw all the cutscenes. It just didn't make sense to me is all.)

Then there's the issue of what people believe can be listened to or ignored based on what they believe is canon to the main series.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Zigzag10Master emerald??? White10Master emerald??? Medal13Master emerald??? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 28th 2009, 11:04 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:I don't know where Tikal took Chaos at the end of SA1 but according to SA2 it wasn't the Master Emerald but also according to Sonic Battle it was. (Although I'm a bit fuzzy on this as well as I don't know how Sonic Battle incorperated it exactly even though I saw all the cutscenes. It just didn't make sense to me is all.)
    KNUCKLES: When that battleship appeared, the "Estuary" instantly froze over,
    and "Chaos" appeared. He's just sitting there, guarding the "Death
    Egg." Chaos is the guardian god of the Chao. He only shows himself
    in times of great crisis. Looks like we're in deep trouble this time!
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 28th 2009, 11:07 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:I don't know where Tikal took Chaos at the end of SA1 but according to SA2 it wasn't the Master Emerald but also according to Sonic Battle it was. (Although I'm a bit fuzzy on this as well as I don't know how Sonic Battle incorperated it exactly even though I saw all the cutscenes. It just didn't make sense to me is all.)

Which only serves to make things more confusing.

He shows up during great crisis' (which is a lie). Guess that means it's got nothing to do with the Master Emerald then. No one speak of him being inside it anymore so people don't get confused.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 28th 2009, 11:35 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Which only serves to make things more confusing.

He shows up during great crisis' (which is a lie). Guess that means it's got nothing to do with the Master Emerald then. No one speak of him being inside it anymore so people don't get confused.
    No, it's a truth, but it may depend on Chaos' point of view. Considering that the Final Egg Blaster could have destroyed Mobius, or caused the Gizoid to go bezerk (which may be more likely, considering the ancientness of it), they were more threatening to the planet. While on the other hand, the ARK catastrophe did not necessarily threaten the planet, since Ivo did not really want to blow it up, Metal Sonic's invasion didn't threaten anyone but the Sonic Heroes :>_>: , the Alien War did not threaten the planet, but it's populace (and we don't know if he was involved or not), Rush didn't, Riders didn't, Rivals didn't, S&TSR didn't, SRA didn't, Rivals 2 didn't (however, the chao were threatened, so it's possible that even if the Ifrit would have done major damage, Chaos would have been preoccupied protecting them), SR:ZG did, but spontaneously, and so Chaos would not have gotten there in time, and SU didn't necessarily threaten the planet, just break it apart (after all, no one was worried the planet broke apart; furthermore, it's technically part of the planet's life cycle, so he probably couldn't get involved).
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 28th 2009, 11:54 pm

This is all too far-feteched for me. I'm sorry.

If it showed up because the threat of the Gizord could've destoryed the planet the same thing should've happened before the cannon fired in Unleashed in my point of view. Same thing goes for SR: ZG and Next-gen (even if it was spontainious. Chaos showed up before the planet was getting attacked or being destoried so the same should apply with the other situations that concerned the planet itself's safety.)

And then there's the speculation of it being that it may depend on Chaos' view depsite not mentioning anything other "showing up whenever there is a great crisis."

And then there's also the fact that the creators for these games haven't really been experts at explaining stuff like this all that well (or sticking with it afterward).

Chaos hasnn't shown up or been mentioned since Sonic Battle I presume and if there were to be another situation that meant the "conditions" that have to be met for Chaos to arrive there's no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't show up (mostly because it's not on the creator's minds anymore).

I still say it's a lie.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? White10Master emerald??? Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 April 29th 2009, 2:40 am

Chaos didn't even return to the Master Emerald. He went with Tikal somewhere. And I think Knuckles has the ability to change the size of the Master Emerald or something like that.
    Zez
    Zez

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Zigzag10Master emerald??? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez April 29th 2009, 2:47 am

[quote="The Freedom Fighter"]
    Gamer_Colin wrote:Okay in SA1 the Master emerald broke and released chaos, right? Well then in SA2 when It breaks a SECOND TIME chaos isn't released. Also how does it change size in SA2? Thats like changing the size of the hope diamond! :O_o:

Chaos was neutralized by Super Sonic and ascended to paradise with Tikal and assorted Chao.

Knuckles has Chaos powers and has the ability to aadjust the size of the Master Emerald as needed.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 29th 2009, 1:42 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:This is all too far-feteched for me. I'm sorry.
    We'll see about that.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:If it showed up because the threat of the Gizord could've destoryed the planet the same thing should've happened before the cannon fired in Unleashed in my point of view. Same thing goes for SR: ZG and Next-gen (even if it was spontainious. Chaos showed up before the planet was getting attacked or being destoried so the same should apply with the other situations that concerned the planet itself's safety.)
    Not necessarily. When the Death Egg rose, there was time for him to get there; plus, the closest place was at Angel Island, which Chaos was probably nearby. Chaos wouldn't have any reason to be nearby an expansive desert or an island in the middle of an ocean, so it would take him awhile to get there, especially since neither had chao anywhere nearby, while Angel Island might (and even if it didn't, AI seemed to be parked near Central City, which is near to the location of Chao Island, which must be like the biggest chao civilization on Mobius). As for SU, he can't get into space, so he might have just let Sonic save the day again.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:And then there's the speculation of it being that it may depend on Chaos' view depsite not mentioning anything other "showing up whenever there is a great crisis."
    Well, if the disasters really were worthy of Chaos coming, then it has a possibility of depending on the situation and his opinion of if he should get involved.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:And then there's also the fact that the creators for these games haven't really been experts at explaining stuff like this all that well (or sticking with it afterward).
    No, but fans do a pretty good job of it. : ):
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Chaos hasnn't shown up or been mentioned since Sonic Battle I presume and if there were to be another situation that meant the "conditions" that have to be met for Chaos to arrive there's no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't show up (mostly because it's not on the creator's minds anymore).
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:I still say it's a lie.
    You can lie about it being a lie all you want, but it won't make it a lie.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 29th 2009, 2:40 pm

We'll see about that.

It is.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:If it showed up because the threat of the Gizord could've destoryed the planet the same thing should've happened before the cannon fired in Unleashed in my point of view. Same thing goes for SR: ZG and Next-gen (even if it was spontainious. Chaos showed up before the planet was getting attacked or being destoried so the same should apply with the other situations that concerned the planet itself's safety.)
    Not necessarily. When the Death Egg rose, there was time for him to get there; plus, the closest place was at Angel Island, which Chaos was probably nearby. Chaos wouldn't have any reason to be nearby an expansive desert or an island in the middle of an ocean, so it would take him awhile to get there, especially since neither had chao anywhere nearby, while Angel Island might (and even if it didn't, AI seemed to be parked near Central City, which is near to the location of Chao Island, which must be like the biggest chao civilization on Mobius). As for SU, he can't get into space, so he might have just let Sonic save the day again.[/quote]

What does Chaos even do when he shows up? I need an answer to that first.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:And then there's the speculation of it being that it may depend on Chaos' view depsite not mentioning anything other "showing up whenever there is a great crisis."
    Well, if the disasters really were worthy of Chaos coming, then it has a possibility of depending on the situation and his opinion of if he should get involved.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:And then there's also the fact that the creators for these games haven't really been experts at explaining stuff like this all that well (or sticking with it afterward).
    No, but fans do a pretty good job of it. : ): [/quote]

No joke.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Chaos hasnn't shown up or been mentioned since Sonic Battle I presume and if there were to be another situation that meant the "conditions" that have to be met for Chaos to arrive there's no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't show up (mostly because it's not on the creator's minds anymore).
    Maybe, maybe not.[/quote]

It's true.

You can lie about it being a lie all you want, but it won't make it a lie.[/quote]

Don't be a jerk. I haven't been told or have seen anything that'd lead me to believe it weren't a lie.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 29th 2009, 5:36 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    We'll see about that.
    It is.
    It shouldn't be.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Not necessarily. When the Death Egg rose, there was time for him to get there; plus, the closest place was at Angel Island, which Chaos was probably nearby. Chaos wouldn't have any reason to be nearby an expansive desert or an island in the middle of an ocean, so it would take him awhile to get there, especially since neither had chao anywhere nearby, while Angel Island might (and even if it didn't, AI seemed to be parked near Central City, which is near to the location of Chao Island, which must be like the biggest chao civilization on Mobius). As for SU, he can't get into space, so he might have just let Sonic save the day again.
    Knux says it right there. "He's just sitting there, guarding the "Death Egg."" I'm guessing Chaos either guards the threat if he can't do anything to prevent it or acts as backup for the heroes.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not.
    It's true.
    I want proof it's true then.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Don't be a jerk. I haven't been told or have seen anything that'd lead me to believe it weren't a lie.
    How about the fact Knux has never lied, nor had he any reason to lie?
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 29th 2009, 8:36 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    We'll see about that.
    It is.
    It shouldn't be.

But it is.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Knux says it right there. "He's just sitting there, guarding the "Death Egg."" I'm guessing Chaos either guards the threat if he can't do anything to prevent it or acts as backup for the heroes.[/quote]

Okay then.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not.
    It's true.
    I want proof it's true then.[/quote]

We're in it right now. You'll be getting your proof throughout the rest of your time as a Sonic fan. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. But I really don't believe they're going to show Chaos again this way.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    How about the fact Knux has never lied, nor had he any reason to lie?[/quote]

It's not about what the character usually does or doesn't do. The creators made him say it whether he thought he was lying or not.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 30th 2009, 12:28 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    We'll see about that.
    It is.
    It shouldn't be.

But it is.
    Well then fix that.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not.
    It's true.

We're in it right now. You'll be getting your proof throughout the rest of your time as a Sonic fan. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. But I really don't believe they're going to show Chaos again this way.
    We don't know what the game-makers are thinking though. They could be juggling with the idea, deciding if the timing is right or if the re-emergence will make sense.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

It's not about what the character usually does or doesn't do. The creators made him say it whether he thought he was lying or not.
    That didn't sound like it was formed properly, so I'm going to assume an answer: while the creators may have different intentions, that doesn't mean Knuckles lied. It would mean either A: somebody forgot, which isn't a lie, or B: Chaos hasn't had a chance to show up, meaning it's a delayed truth, or C: Chaos changed his mind, which would not be a lie, but a changing of the truth. So nobody lied.
    Army
    Army

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Master emerald??? Blackr10Master emerald??? Medalw11Master emerald??? Medalg10Master emerald??? Zigzag10Master emerald??? Medal13Master emerald??? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army April 30th 2009, 1:42 am

Chaos was released. He's in multiPlayer.
    Rouge The Bat
    Rouge The Bat

Master emerald??? WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Rouge The Bat April 30th 2009, 5:42 pm

I thought that Choas didn't go back inside the M.E.....didn't he go to furry heaven with Tikal?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 30th 2009, 7:15 pm

That's possible, but I never saw evidence that they did.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 30th 2009, 8:31 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    We'll see about that.
    It is.
    It shouldn't be.

But it is.
    Well then fix that.

It's fine the way it is.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not.
    It's true.

We don't know what the game-makers are thinking though. They could be juggling with the idea, deciding if the timing is right or if the re-emergence will make sense.[/quote]

I know that. And until I see Chaos showing up when a 'great crisis' happens again I'll continue to believe it was a lie.

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote: I still say it's a lie.

That didn't sound like it was formed properly, so I'm going to assume an answer: while the creators may have different intentions, that doesn't mean Knuckles lied. It would mean either A: somebody forgot, which isn't a lie, or B: Chaos hasn't had a chance to show up, meaning it's a delayed truth, or C: Chaos changed his mind, which would not be a lie, but a changing of the truth. So nobody lied.

It was formed fine. And they did lie as far as I'm concerned. Delayed truth doesn't sit right with me. Plus, who cares about Chaos' certain conditions and reasoning. They said Chaos shows up whenever there was a "great crisis" and that hasn't happened but once. Saying that it may be up to Chaos' viewpoint or whatever is just a speculation either way. And if they were planning on providing more info they probably would've done so in Battle when they had the chance. I starting to think they just came up with it as a one-shot excuse to write Chaos into the story.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Master emerald??? Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor April 30th 2009, 8:43 pm

Chaos never returned to the emerald. Also, who cares if it changed size? It was still huge.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Master emerald??? ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 30th 2009, 8:44 pm

Forget it, you're not even trying to understand. It's not a lie, enough said.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Master emerald??? VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 30th 2009, 8:51 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Forget it, you're not even trying to understand. It's not a lie, enough said.

Neither are you. It is a lie. Enough said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content