The ancient lands.

Rogue Assassin (War)

XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Rogue Assassin (War) Imagee10

Rogue Assassin (War) Medalw11Rogue Assassin (War) Medalg10Rogue Assassin (War) Zigzag10Rogue Assassin (War) Medal13

: Male
     Rep4

Rogue Assassin (War) Empty Rogue Assassin (War)

Post by XNinjaRed May 9th 2009, 4:32 am

Note, if you plan to watch this or care about it, there are spoilers in this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_(film)

I'll be honest, I don't get the negative reception it got.
    I mean, sure there was a stupid part where a woman is topless for... no reason at all... and the ending DOES seem a bit rushed.
    But the movie as a whole in my opinion was pretty good.

This will probably get quite some differing opinions but I really did think this was a good movie.
    I know that, because Jason and Jet themselves don't like the movie.
    But this is my opinion.

Fight scenes kinda moved away from the usual "Jet Li" fights, trading the usual "show-y fights" with more "straight for the kill fights".
    The story SEEMS lacking at the start until the whole plot twist at the end making everything turn tables.
    Rogue is made out to be like the ultimate assassin, doing anything to keep his identity a secret. Using several plastic surgeries to change his face again and again until everybody loses his track. That alone pretty much made Rogue a badass to me. But the big plot twist made it SO much better.
    One big example was when Rogue didn't want to kill the wife and daughter even though you supposed he did that earlier in the movie, it made you think he was a changed man, and simply added a few boundaries in his morals after murdering Tom Lone's family.
    There are subtle hints everywhere making you realize Tom Lone's family's murder was important to him. You thought that's simply the case to make him a sympathetic villain.

Then comes the plot twist making everything turn around. The "Rogue" you followed was NOT the Rogue who killed Tom Lone's family. He was Tom Lone himself! Tom Lone was able to kill the REAL Rogue during his family's murder, but the story made us believe Rogue simply killed Tom Lone. Instead Tome Lone killed the REAL Rogue and used Rogue's tactic of plastic surgeries to assume Rogue's identity to get to the one responsible for ordering the Tom Lone's family's assassination. The whole thing came full circle! Why did Rogue care so much about a random assassination? Because that assassination was his family's assassination! "Rogue" you followed through the whole movie was not the "Rogue" people kept thinking he was! It was friggin genius! The whole thing about Plastic Surgery totally went over my head!

I was like OH MY GOD!

So in itself, I REALLY like the movie, but my opinion differs allot from critics apparently (making me realize it's not simply the case for Sonic, but for lots of others).

Maybe it's because I don't watch allot of Jason Statham movies. That's probably the case. I mean lots of people expect a John Statham movie with Rogue of course being the Villain Antagonist and Crawford the Hero Protagonist. I pretty much have the "misfortune" of watching Jet Li movies allot, making me say this was in fact a Jet Li movie where Rogue is simply the Villain Protagonist and Crawford the Hero Antagonist. The second plot twist kind of turned it around making Rogue in fact the Hero Protagonist and Crawford the Villain Antagonist... in a way... However, like I said, that one was a bit rushed. Especially compared to the other plot twist. Still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNtUsbyMb7U

JET LI WITH A KATANA! LIEK OH MAH GAWD!