Army
Light Dash
Erazor
codeorange
11 posters

Apple to get into the console wars?

codeorange

Apple to get into the console wars? GOMM8

Apple to get into the console wars? Medalg10Apple to get into the console wars? White10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Apple to get into the console wars? Empty Apple to get into the console wars?

Post by codeorange May 18th 2009, 2:52 am

I don't have an official link, and I wish I did, but I watched a short clip on Yahoo! News that talked about the ongoing buzz in the gaming world right now. The word is Apple may eventually be entering the console wars. That would make them the fourth competitor in this arena.

If anyone has a link to what I'm talking about, please post it. Thanks. I don't have it with me now. *facepalm*
    Erazor
    Erazor

Apple to get into the console wars? Imagee10

Apple to get into the console wars? Blackr10Apple to get into the console wars? Medalw11Apple to get into the console wars? Medalg10Apple to get into the console wars? White10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13

Rep22

Apple to get into the console wars? Empty Re: Apple to get into the console wars?

Post by Erazor May 18th 2009, 8:28 pm

I will buy an iBox used. I refuse to give Apple any of my precious muneez.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

Apple to get into the console wars? Blackr10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13Apple to get into the console wars? 2nio02t

Rep3

Apple to get into the console wars? Empty Re: Apple to get into the console wars?

Post by Light Dash May 18th 2009, 9:26 pm

I probably won't get one.
    Army
    Army

Apple to get into the console wars? VOZLn

Apple to get into the console wars? Blackr10Apple to get into the console wars? Medalw11Apple to get into the console wars? Medalg10Apple to get into the console wars? Zigzag10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13Apple to get into the console wars? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army May 18th 2009, 9:58 pm

I WANT THE APPLE STATION 360 =D
    RidersDX
    RidersDX

Apple to get into the console wars? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by RidersDX May 20th 2009, 4:11 pm

Oh please, no. But that's only because I don't want to spend money on another system. Unless it is totally awesome that I don't need to get anything else...
    Hiddenzbu
    Hiddenzbu

Rep0

Post by Hiddenzbu May 21st 2009, 7:45 am

I doubt there is room in the market for another system. If its any good it will probably kick another out
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Apple to get into the console wars? VOZLn

Apple to get into the console wars? Medalw11Apple to get into the console wars? Zigzag10Apple to get into the console wars? White10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 21st 2009, 5:30 pm

Apple to get into the console wars? Apple_iPlay
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

: Female
     Rep0

Post by fantanoice June 25th 2009, 5:40 am

iPhone could easily become a contender in the handheld market. There have been a lot of sales on iPhone game apps lately.

Apple to get into the console wars? Apple_iPlay
    Nice...

Last edited by fantanoice on January 5th 2011, 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Independence76

Apple to get into the console wars? Medalg10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 June 25th 2009, 12:01 pm

I doubt it.

I've been following the PC/Mac and console wars for months now. Apple claims their iPhone is already pretty much a game console, considering all the apps and games available.

Don't expect it.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Apple to get into the console wars? Imagee10

Apple to get into the console wars? Blackr10Apple to get into the console wars? Medalw11Apple to get into the console wars? Medalg10Apple to get into the console wars? White10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 25th 2009, 2:18 pm

Oh yeah. Remember this?

Apple to get into the console wars? 200px-Pippinfront

Apple already made a console and it was complete garbage.

If they made another, I'm sure it would be similar to a Mac or an iPod, meaning it would boast a severe lack of features and a very inconveniant interface.

Last edited by Erazor on June 28th 2010, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alex The Hedgehog

Apple to get into the console wars? Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog June 28th 2010, 7:30 pm

NO! Apple might as well stay as a computor company, They're evil! They overprice everything! they're even trying to compete with Droid! well at least Droid's going to bury them into the ground. (Cool looking console though fighter.)
    Independence76

Apple to get into the console wars? Medalg10Apple to get into the console wars? Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 June 28th 2010, 10:04 pm

Alex The Hedgehog wrote:they're even trying to compete with Droid! well at least Droid's going to bury them into the ground.

No, it's the other way around. Droid is trying to compete against them. And no, Droid will not bury a phone that sold 1.7 million in 3 days.

Do I want Apple to win? No.

Is Apple currently almost unstoppable? Sadly, yes.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz June 29th 2010, 2:00 am

Their ipods = good. But I'm not a fan of their computers. Probably because they're used in the computer lab at my school.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content