The ancient lands.

3 posters

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction)

Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Empty Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction)

Post by Youkaiyami May 19th 2009, 6:18 am

Teen + for Language and implied sexual themes.

Mature to Adult for language, violence and suggested sexual themes

Sonic and the crew have returned to the planet after the ARK crisis, but only weeks pass before a trio of ragtag archeologists meet with them, a seemingly old friend comes to visit, and things go from strange to dangerous when the entire human race is threatened and two heroes must fight together to bring an ancient legend to the present.

Chapter one: Introductions

" Sigh" Rouge sat on a branch, looking into the vast forest of Angel Island.
    "what?" Knuckles looked up from the soft grass, barefoot and lazy.
    " How can you just sit here?" She glanced down at him, her eyebrows raising.
    "What? Sit here and guard what is needing to be guarded?" He sat up and stared at her with a miffed expression. The look faded away and was replaced with a wry smile as he continued to stare at her. Since coming back down from ARK, they spent a lot more time together, Rouge came out on the island more often than he left it, but she didn't seem to mind. Today she wore the outfit he liked to the most. A soft dark maroon sleeveless and a matching scarf, gold hoops, real gold. Knuckles had gotten those himself. She kept her tight black pants belted with a maroon sash. Knee high, high heel black boots with a softer fringe at the top matched long gloves ringed at the wrist. On her left wrist was one of Shadow's bracelets, the one Sonic had managed to save. He was bothered by it but he also hated to be bothered. She and Shadow had been teammates, comrades. Nothing more. Though they were together, Knuckles was irritated she would hang onto Shadow, he missed the hedgehog also, but they needed to move on. Knuckles stood up and smoothed out his vest, light tan with a pocket low on the left side belted at the bottom. He put on high boot with a folded top sporting gold rings on the fold , a dark red belt across the mid section was also ringed. The base of his boots matched the belt and on top was the metal block. Lastly he had long tan gloves, fingerless and cut so his spines showed off of his hand. He picked up a hat, lined with teeth and a golden ring centered on it.
    "You put too much into the gem.." Rouge sighed
    " Oh like you don't spent the same amount of time trying to steal it." Knuckles grinned up at her, no longer afraid that she would walk off with the Emerald he could easily joke about it. He held his hands out in a motion to catch Rouge,and did as she floated down.
    " why don't you come down to town with me tonight?" Rouge kept her arms around his waist.
    " You know I don't like going out..." Knuckles began
    " Just for tonight dear." she kissed Knuckles on the cheek, a blush coming up his face. He smiled, "Fine, just for tonight, as long as you buy"
    " Cheapskate"
    " Do I look like I have any money?" Knuckles let go of Rouge and made his way next to the Master Emerald.
    " Aren't you a treasure hunter?"
    " Aren't you?"
    " Don't be a smart a echidna"
    " Better to be a smart a than a dumb ass" Knuckles held his hands up in front of the Emerald. A dim light emanated from the emerald as the massive crystal became the size of it's sisters. From the pocket on his vest Knuckles pulled a rope decorated in traditional echidna style. The end webbed out to hold the Master Emerald.
    " You ready?" Knuckles faced Rouge.
    " You bet" Rouge flew up to the sky and glanced down as Knuckles too left the ground. He made a slight and invouluntary grimace as the island dropped into the sea.
    " I never liked seeing that." Knuckles admitted.
    " It will come back up you big baby"
    "You wouldn't understand" Knuckles grabbed rouge's hand and started to guide her to the coast.

"I still can't see how you two manage to get into so much trouble in a giant sand box" Ducky managed to pull the young lion out of the pile of dirt he was under. She had glossy black hair pulled back in a haphazard bun that was coming out. Her lower arms and legs were wrapped with a light lavender cloth. She wore a light blue sleeveless shirt and dark pants. As Streak dusted off, Ducky stood to the side and gave him a appraising look.
    " I have to admit, I'm surprised you aren't dead." She helped him dust off his tan vest, long gloves, and boots. He dusted his mohawk like mane to rid the red color of the dirt, his face was dark until Ducky brushed his face, her hand going over his dark brown birth mark that runs from the base of his mane to just below his left eye. He clapped his hands on the fluff on the end of his tail as a younger porcupine slip down into the dig site, a look of concern flitting across his face.
    " Streak?!"
    " He's fine, just a little dirt." Ducky grabbed Target before the estranged teen slammed into Streak. She quickly let go as his head full of coppery spine poked her. She instead grabbed hold of the dark purple arm warmers and placed her black webbed foot on his boots.
    " I told ya he's fine ya big baby..."
    " But he was buried..."
    " You know what, Streak? Target and I'll go get some chow and you try to keep yourself above the dirt while we are gone." Ducky turned Target around and led him away from the site. Streak smiled to himself as he turned to the mound of dirt. Buried under it was an artifact, a necklace in prime condition that would bring them closer to their destination, Angel's Keep. As he carefully pulled the dirt away, a glimmer caught his eye. From the dirt he pulled a chain of dusty old silver, the pendant hanging from it was in the shape of a circle, pearly white, but a rounded section of it was missing. The edge of the hole was smooth, not broken. Streak stared at the missing part, this wasn't how the necklace looked in the book. He took the artifact back to the tent and glance down at an open book. It's pages were old and yellowed with age, and the binding glue dry and brittle. The old drawing showed the simple necklace with a reverse teardrop piece extending from where the rounded hole was now. A missing piece.
    " Damn" Streak pounded his fist against the table.

" Are you sure this will work?" Cream stared at her reflection in the mirror, a necklace around her neck. Amy had seen her staring after Tails once and a while and had proclaimed herself matchmaker.
    " Of course! Boys like ladies who know how to dress. Why do you think Knuckles hangs out with Rouge?"
    "But they fight a lot too"
    " Every relationship has they're ups and downs"
    " But I don't like fighting..."
    " It will be fine." Amy went to Cream's closet. " We just need to find something for you to wear for the picnic." She pulled shirts, skirts,dresses, pants, and blouses from the hangers. Amy looked at what she had in her hands.
    " These won't do at all, too bland. Don't you have anything flashy?"
    " Flashy? Like...." Cream went to the trunk in the base of her closet and opened it. Amy could see masses of cloth, this must be her dress up trunk or something Amy thought with slight embarrassment, thinking Cream would pull out a little purple princess dress.
    " This?" Cream held up a short wine red dress,sleeveless, around the collar small black beads made up a simple floral pattern. It was nice, almost too nice to have stuffed into a trunk to be played with.
    "That's perfect! Do you have shoes that match these?" Amy was back into her mood and now she something to work with.
    " Of course. My mom always buys a whole outfit."

" Hey Tails, where did you say that wrench was?"
    " Under the bench in the second drawer. But I still don't think you need to help...."
    " Nonsense little buddy, you always do the work!"
    With good reason Tails thought as he slid from under the Tornado and sat up to watch as Sonic became more of a hinder than help in the garage. Since coming back from Ark, they had finally gotten a place to stay rather than wander as they did. Sonic crouched in front of the tool box, he wore green sun glasses, and black fingerless gloves with silver bracers on his lower arm. Around his neck was a simple gold chain with a pierced ruby drop given to him by Amy. He wore it after Rouge, who had gotten the ruby for Amy, had threatened him with bodily harm, he hadn't taken it off since. Another pair of bracers were on his calves ending in red tennis shoes.
    " You know what Sonic? I think that's enough for today, I can only tune it up before I end up putting in new parts."
    " You sure buddy? We just got started..."
    " Well you kept the Tornado in such good condition last time you took it, I don't need to do much" Tails appreciated Sonic's help, but the hedgehog just didn't seem to have the coordination to do much besides punching and running.
    " I guess I did!" Sonic stood, looking mighty proud of himself. Sonic walked over and helped Tails up. The fox had pilot goggles propped on his head with a small strap on the side for tools or other knickknacks. He wore a closed cream jacket with the sleeves rolled up, his arms ending in a pair of white gloves. His shoes were short boots, meant to get dirty and abused.
    " Sonic, are we still going to meet the others tomorrow on Angel Island?"
    " You bet your two tails buddy." Sonic clapped tails on the back. " It's great to have everything calm."
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Empty Re: Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction)

Post by Youkaiyami May 19th 2009, 6:18 am

Chapter two: Things start to come together.

"Amy! Come on!" Sonic called back into the house, tapping his shoes on the concrete.
    " Fine! I'm coming already, you men have no sense of fashion!" Amy came out through the door. She wore a long sleeve pink blouse, the ends patterned, a medium length matching skirt and pink boots with three buckles on the front.
    " Don't worry, they come around eventually" Rouge pinched Sonic's cheeks " Now, Red is waiting, and you know he doesn't do that too well"
    " This is going to so much fun!" Cream jumped up and down, then stopped " Too bad Cheese got sick...."
    " Don't think about it hon," Rouge had warmed up to the little rabbit quickly as they returned. " Cheese can come next time"
    They made their way to the coast, Knuckles would be waiting with a boat to take them to Angel Island , and upon arriving Rouge and Knuckles would fly the group up to the grass. The whole day would be spent there, a picnic and some games to keep them entertained. The walk to the coast was quiet, no one wanted to talk until on the island, lest they run out of things to talk about. Cream was the first to notice the raccoon run by, a platypus not far behind.
    " Get back here you stinking thief!" the platypus yelled, shaking her fist at the wily robber. " You are going to regret the fact you stole from us!"
    The group had stopped and stared just as a young porcupine leaped from the alleyway onto the thief. It was a brief struggle and the coon got away with some battered fur and without his prize. Target stood up, showing Ducky the necklace.
    " Got it!"
    "Too bad you didn't skin that dirtball..." Ducky had noticed the group, staring with wide eyes. " uh... hello..." She gave a shy wave as Target turned away from them, red in the face.
    " We should be on our way...." Grabbing Target, Ducky dashed away.
    " Why the rush?" Target managed to get out.
    " Do you know who that was?" Ducky stopped, making sure the group had gone on their way.
    " No....." Target's face showed his confusion
    " Sonic the hedgehog, the fastest thing alive! And there we were standing like morons."
    " And standing is bad?" Target couldn't understand why Ducky would get so upset at standing.
    " Not standing, but just sitting there without being polite... and to such a hero"
    " Oh" Target relaxed, Ducky had an almost obsessive view on manners,to the point of being silly.
    " I'm sure he wouldn't care."
    " But still..." Ducky looked worried " I hope he doesn't think to badly of us....."
    " Shouldn't we get back to Streak?"
    " Yeah, we should.....I hope we get to make it up to him" Ducky stared back after the group.

" I still can't get over how pretty this place is no matter how many times we come here" Cream spun in tight circle, getting a full view of the grassy meadow they had set the picnic in. Tails fell onto the soft blanket as Sonic darted around, blades of grass popping up as his feet touched.
    " Well if he keeps this up, there won't be any "pretty" left..." Knuckles followed Sonic mildly with his glance.
    " He'll come around when we get into the food." Rouge sat down lightly, putting her arm around Cream as she sat down next to the bat. Knuckles gave up his race watching and sat on the other side of Rouge. Amy looked on with envy, they looked like a happy family, and even without Cream, Rouge and Knuckles were happy. It was a sign of hope to Amy that he even bothered to wear that necklace even with Rouge's threat, and she wasn't about to give up now. Sonic had the courtesy to stop away from the blanket and sat on the other side of the baskets.
    " Food time gang! I hope you packed a lot Amy!"
    "Of course I did silly, you'd eat more than an army." Amy pulled out of the baskets, thick turkey and ham sandwiches, half sandwiches of peanut butter, chunky and smooth, and jelly, three kinds of salad with containers of dressing, bottles of water, cans of soda, plates, forks, plenty of napkins, and little chocolate and strawberry rolls for dessert.
    " Geez, an army would get sick from all this food" Tails leaned over Cream's shoulder "Then again it is Sonic we're talking about" Knuckles laughed as Sonic looked up a sandwich already in his mouth.

"I saw them walking to the coast, I think they were having a picnic or something." Ducky put her webbed hand to her chin.
    " You two are so lucky, Sonic the hedgehog. But still I'd love to talk to the Echidna."
    " Echidna? There wasn't an Echidna.." Target looked at Ducky to confirm that fact.
    " He wasn't with them? But would they do something without him? No, they wouldn't" Streak was soon talking to himself. " That means they must be going to Angel Island...."

"You do that well, for a beginner" The old man kneeled at the planter next to the black hedgehog. The hedgehog's arms, one all the way up to his shoulder were bandaged, along with his tail and one calf. One of his red eyes was closed with bruising and scratches, cuts and sore muscle covered his body. Around his neck, tight like a collar, was a golden ring.
    " I'm a quick learner" He cleared soft soil away and planted a snapdragon, buttercups and a butterfly bush
    " That you are Shadow. And I'm glad you seem to be getting better much quickly than expected"
    " I'm a fast healer also" He raised his head and looked at the old man. Since being found by the old doctor several weeks ago, he had softened some, not so quick to be angry. Doctor Janus Cornelius had been patient, even when Shadow's temper or pride lashed him. The tireless doctor nursed Shadow back to health after finding the poor thing half dead and half drowned on the beach, only a weak heartbeat keeping Janus from burying the hedgehog. Shadow had gone through a almost complete transformation, no longer did the selfish, violent, self live completely. Just occasionally, Shadow hadn't given it all up. Janus had many scars and healing wounds from Shadow's anger, one fresh bite was only two days old.
    " When do you plan on letting me go?" Shadow glanced back to Janus, hoping that his constant bothering would grate on the doctor's ever patient soul.
    " When all is healed, and that is not now. You must learn to be more willing to wait Shadow"
    " I have been waiting" his eyes flashed with anger. Janus remained unflinching, even in Shadow's fits.
    " And you must wait longer" The doctor stood, brushing the dirt away from his knees.
    " How about some lunch then?"

"Angel Island?" Target looked at Streak.
    " Yeah.... It rings a bell to me somewhere" Streak grabbed from the shelf in the tent a book older than the one from earlier. Sliding next to the lion, Ducky and Target glanced to the book. "Angel Island is the gate to Angel's Keep, but we don't know when Angel's Keep is open without finding the Lunaris Calender, which I don't know where it is yet..." Streak began to talk to himself. " Okay...here it is. " Wed moon with blood, and the stone keeper of time will be known to those. Deep in the dust of betraying land, the stone keeper will lay, ticking to the gate's opening of the land once ruled by Chaos. A thus when opened, Chaos will rule"
    " What the hell does that mean?" Ducky stared at the text.
    " Well, we have have to find out what "moon" and "blood" are, and bring them together, which will show us where the Lunaris calender is. The calendar is in the betraying land, wherever that is. But when we open the "gate' Chaos will rule.
    " But didn't it say the land was ruled by Chaos?" Target glanced at the phrase. " wouldn't that mean Chaos is gone? How would it rule if it is gone?"
    " The Chaos in the land of Angel's Keep, Chaos Master. A great Cat beast that helped the Earth and lived in Angel's Keep, but no one has recorded sighting of It since thousands of years ago and many think It is dead. I'm not sure what it means by when the gate is open, Chaos will rule."
    " Maybe by going to Angel's Keep, we would be releasing something horrible" Ducky shivered with a nonexistent wind.
    " We can only find out by going there" Streak said, smirking.
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Post by Youkaiyami May 19th 2009, 6:19 am

Chapter three: Lost souls and lovers night.

" I can't see how that hedgehog can run around so much after eating so much..." Tails watched Sonic dash around after lunch, and some games. The blue hedgehog didn't stay still very long as he dashed across Angel Island, just seeming to fidget at high speeds.
    " Why don't you just sit with us Sonic?" Amy tried to coax him next to her. Sonic stopped and blew grass into her face.
    " Why? No need for me to sit down when there is so much room to run around!"
    " Just cool your boots for a little bit Blue" Knuckles laid back on the grass
    " I have the rest of my life to cool." Despite his argument, Sonic flopped next to Amy and rested his head in the grass.
    " Trust me Sonic, things don't just settle for you"

Janus sat at the table, a small salad in front of him. He glanced to the empty seat across from him and laughed. Shadow couldn't be chained to one place, Janus knew he would have left sooner or later. He just hoped the hedgehog had gotten the clothes he left him.

Shadow sat on the curb, an hour's walking ruined when he found that he really had no where to go. He wore a black sleeveless short jacket with a belt across. There was a glossy dark red bracer on his left arm and the bandages on his right. The ring was still around his neck, and he wore red and gold shoes, his skates no good after the thorough soaking in the sea. No one stopped to ask him where he was going, and he wanted no one to bother him anyway. Where did he think he going? What did he have left in this world? His thoughts went back to Rouge, the bat had grated his nerves raw on ARK, constantly bitching. He couldn't help but wonder what she was doing, how she was doing. He glanced to the bandage, no fur would grow back, but he would couldn't get a bracer for his whole arm. He looked back to the crowd, where would she be? Shadow's mind wandered, not sure how to go about starting his life over from what he left.

"Everyone ready!?" Sonic called from the drop line of Angel Island, ready to leave, the sun setting quickly.
    "You guys go ahead. I can go back myself" Rouge gave Cream a hug.
    " You sure?" Amy questioned.
    " Yes" Rouge moved next to Knuckles. " I have wings after all."
    " Then let's jet crew!" Sonic grabbed Knuckles and lumped of the island.
    " I should drop you in the water for that one hedgehog." flying just half way from the water
    " You love me too much for that "

"Stoic Chaos, Raging Chaos. Two of the earth will meet in the blood of battle. Raging Chaos bred of two masters and their guards. Stoic Chaos bred of the Earth Shepherds. Mankind dealt the hand of fate, to be wiped from the land Mother gave them by the Shepherds, led in rage from the Heart of the Stoic. Lest it be, the hero of the time unable to keep peace, Chaos reigns on the side of good and the side of misunderstood. Rage; bent to the will of the Mother, to serve and destroy, but to an extent unknown, as written by those of the black eyes.... The rest of the book is ruined..." Streak turned the page of the book, glancing to the burned section. Much of the book was burned for unknown reasons and it had given the trio problems the whole time.
    " So let me get this strait.." Ducky leaned from the table. " You found what blood and moon is, moon being the part of the necklace we have and blood is the missing piece. And now we have this legend or something we don't know the ending to. Who else thinks we are getting into trouble with this?"
    " Nonsense... We find "blood", find the lunaris Calender, Go to Angel Island on the night and explore, then go back before the gate closes."
    " And when does the gate close?" Target asked quietly.
    "The hell if I know" Streak closed the book.

"This place is beautiful at night" Rouge laid on the grass, Knuckles's arm under her.
    " Yeah, just far enough that you get many stars" Knuckles turned and nuzzled the bat's neck through the scarf.
    "Getting touchy there aren't you?" Rouge kidded but didn't pull away.
    " I could do worse" He flipped on top of her, keeping his weight on his arms.
    " This doesn't seem worse..." She teased
    " You think I actually got started?: He reached his hands one by one up and pulled off his gloves with his teeth.
    " Be careful with those tiger.. don't want hurt anyone."
    Knuckles slid his hand under her sash and up her shirt " Don't worry, you know I use my hands all the time." he said kissing her neck.
    " Don't I know that" She helped his hands climb higher.

Shadow found himself at the beach were he was found. He stared out at the moon, nearly full. He wondered why he was spared, what saved him as he fell from ARK? He placed his hand on the gold ring around his neck. Sonic had taken the other one, who knows what he did with it. The hedgehog was lost, again. The ARK crisis did nothing to help him figure out anything about himself and now he was left with picking up the pieces of his life with even more mysteries on his hands. Eventually someone would help him, but for now he had all the problems to himself, alone.
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Post by Youkaiyami May 19th 2009, 6:20 am

Chapter four : Confusion, the trio plans.

Rouge waved goodbye to the echidna, a sly smile on her face. She flew to the coast, not knowing a pair of eyes followed her. Shadow stayed out of sight, almost afraid of what might happen if he approached the bat. She had come from the island, he knew that much, jewel stealing again? He watched her walk across the beach into the city, and followed.

" So, what do you plan on doing?" Tails looked over from his cereal to the hedgehog.
    " What can I do little buddy? Rouge might come here and leave with a couple of my teeth.." Sonic stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth.
    " So, you'll actually go on a date with Amy?"
    " Do I have a choice?"
    " Yes"
    " Well, I guess...." Sonic scratched his head as if this was the biggest decision of his life. " I....really can't see any reason to get myself out of this."
    " So you want to go?" Tails dared.
    Sonic promptly stuffed a pancake into his mouth whole.

" We need to find that drop." Streak laid the circle pendant on the picture of the full necklace.
    " It's such a small piece though, we may never find it."
    " Never say never Target, Streak will hate you for it" Ducky smiled. The lion hadn't seemed to notice, engrossed in his work.
    " Maybe we should ask that echidna, you said he was a treasure hunter right Streak?"
    " YES! The echidna, he would know. These legends all have connections to Angel Island in some way..." Streak ran to his library grabbing books, scrolls, and pages. " It's somewhere, and we will find it." He opened a scroll. " Angel's Keeps will be open when Charlois is closest on the lunar eclipse. There is no patten so to hell with calculations. The only way is to find that drop piece and hold it to the sunlight which will show were the Lunaris Calender is hidden which in turn will tell us when we can access Angel's Keep which is in Angel Island somewhere...." Streak leaned back for air. " I can trust you two to get a hold of the Echidna anyway possible, beside kidnapping?"
    " You bet" Target gave a thumbs up while Ducky saluted.

"No..." Her voice quivered. He looked away, shy for some reason.
    " I thought you would be happy to see me."
    " I thought you'd never come back...." Rouge turned from the hedgehog, then turned back and hugged Shadow around the neck. " Everybody will be so glad, we all thought....." she couldn't finish. Shadow wanted to pull away, but also wanted to stay like this, for some reason.
    " Where are the others?" Shadow pushed the bat away.
    " Still in the city, you need to meet up with them. but tomorrow, it's late and everyone has plans. I'll get in touch with them soon...."
    " Won't everyone hate me?"
    "why?"
    " I was....not...."
    " nice?" Rouge ventured
    " sure...let's use that."
    " Don't worry, no one will hate you" She put her arms around him again and this time he didn't push her back. He liked her weight, her touch. Shadow's brow wrinkled together in confusion, he hadn't thought of what he would do with Rouge when it all came together on ARK. Now he didn't know what to do with her now. His hand wound around her in turn, the smell of her perfume invading his nose. He felt her freeze, then relax, but she was still tense. He placed his head on her shoulder, taking in her scent. Rouge didn't know what to do, this was wrong, but..it felt right.... she started to forget about Knuckles all together as Shadow held her, as she would have wanted back when they were considered just partners on ARK. She had given up hope that the hedgehog would return, and went to Knuckles, she cared about him also and was torn between the two. Now what?

Amy was ecstatic, she waved goodbye to Sonic as he walked away into the night back to his place. She really didn't expect him to show up and he actually seemed to enjoy himself with her. She had taken some hints from Rouge, and they seem to work...he even bought her jewelry! Amy spun around in happiness, this was the best night ever, and nothing could change this night. She hugged herself as she went into her house, grinning like a loon.

" We can get him tomorrow, I overheard the bat talking about meeting him. We can either be nice about it or we can grab and run." Streak tapped a pen against his desk.
    " I don't know about you, but I don't want to handle that echidna alone, he's powerful and mean looking." Ducky grabbed the pen from the lion's grip.
    " We just need to be careful and be sure not to ir somebody off." Target leaned his chair back.
    " Alright" Streak pounded his fist against the desk with purpose. " We take the echidna and bring him here to be questioned about Angel's Keep. Simple as that.
    " Until he kicks the ever-living crap out of us." Ducky rolled her eyes in contempt.
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Chapter five: Legends and Beasts.

" Yes it's important you big oaf, I already called the others, we're meeting at the parlor downtown, yes you have time.."

Shadow looked at Rouge as she talked with Knuckles on the phone. She said she had gotten him a cell phone so she didn't need to fly out there everyday, but when the bat had divulged this information, her face lit up with a heavy blush. He picked at the leather wrap on his left arm that Rouge had given him to cover the bald part, and thought of how the others would act to him, he didn't make a great example of kindness.

" Come on, we need to get over there." Rouge grasped Shadow's hand and walked him to the parlor.

" I saw him heading downtown," Target informed Streak and Ducky. " He seemed to be rushing a bit so there might be something going on"
    " So we need to move if we want to catch him alone" Ducky started to follow Knuckles's path, the two boys following.

" This had better be good," Sonic yawned, Amy, Cream and Tails by his side.
    " Rouge seemed excited about something, I wonder what happened?"
    " She probably wants help stealing something"
    " Sonic..." Amy whined. " you know she doesn't ask us to do that."
    " I don't know..." Sonic's sentence was broken off as they turned the corner and Shadow came skidding across the concrete, Knuckles standing by Rouge, fists held up in defense. As Shadow stood to rush the echidna, Target dropped from the veranda and caught the hedgehog's hands. They stared at each other growling at one another in anger. Sparks started to prick up from the porcupine's hands, causing Shadow to try to get away even though he wanted to finished what Target had started. Target let go when a jolt buzzed through Shadow sending the hedgehog flying into some of the outdoor furniture. Target straitened up just as Rouge's heel came down onto his head. Ducky took no time in landing a kick at the bat and standing over Target.

" Keep your feet off of him b.." Ducky hissed
    " Then tell the bastard to keep his hands to himself" Rouge spat back.
    Target got up and looked to where Shadow had be tossed, the hedgehog had gotten up slowly and looked like hell. Target hadn't meant to give him such a jolt, but the porcupine still didn't know how much power he possessed, he was the only one in his family who had the electrical powers and the ability to call vast storms out of calm skies at his anger.
    " Whoa, everybody chill dudes." Sonic came forward to smooth ruffled feathers.
    " He started it." Shadow glared to the echidna.
    " Everyone please.." Streak came forward after he saw that the fight had died down.
    " Who the hell are these people?" Shadow snarled at Rouge.
    " I don't know."
    " We can explain everything when everyone calms down." The lion didn't like to see everyone fighting like this. As everyone sat on two tables brought together, Shadow well away from Knuckles, Streak began to explain all that they had come up with.
    " We came here to speak to the Master Emerald Guardian about his island. We have gotten information in regards to it that when I think about it,might be good for you all to hear. 'Stoic Chaos, Raging Chaos. Two of the earth will meet in the blood of battle. Raging Chaos bred of two masters and their guards. Stoic Chaos bred of the Earth Shepherds. Mankind dealt the hand of fate, to be wiped from the land Mother gave them by the Shepherds, led in rage from the Heart of the Stoic. Lest it be, the hero of the time unable to keep peace, Chaos reigns on the side of good and the side of misunderstood. Rage; bent to the will of the Mother, to serve and destroy, but to an extent unknown, as written by those of the black eyes.' a legend of the creature known as Chaos Master and another creature known as Matacroa. Matacroa is a creature of the Celestial Realm, controller of the rising of the sun and moon, ruler of the Earth Shepherds, and a very powerful being."
    " What are the Earth Shepherds?" Tails cut in.
    " The Earth Shepherds are the elements that cleanse the earth every year. Natural events such as tsunamis and tornadoes are all Earth Shepherds. Matacroa was born of these elements and is their master, but we found out that this year is the year that Matacroa and Chaos Master are destined to fight. Matacroa will come on the next Lunaris Night or the night after the lunar eclipse opens Angel's Keep, a Shadow Island of Angel Island. Shadow Islands are accessible only during certain times and we need to find out where the Lunaris Calender is which will tell us when the next lunar eclipse is so we can get to Angel's Keep."
    " And Chaos Master?" Cream questioned.
    " Chaos Master is a spiritual fusion of The Keepers of the Chaos and Master Emeralds. It is a defense system of the planet and is called only in dire situations." at this information Everyone looked at Knuckles.
    " What do you mean spiritual fusion?" Knuckles coughed. " Like the bodies formed together?"
    " Essentially. But right now we need to find the rest of this..." Streak held the pearl piece. As he did the tear ruby on Sonic's neck glowed in reaction to the piece. Target took no time in reaching across the table and breaking the chain to get the necklace off of Sonic's neck, and handed it to Streak. The lion took the drop off of the chain and placed it to the pearl circle, when he took his hand from the piece they stayed together.
    " Finally!" Streak's face cracked with a grin for a second before Amy's chair sailed into the lion.
    " Give that back you dirty thief!"
    " Amy, whoa!" Sonic pulled the angry she-hog down.
    As Streak got up with the help of Target, Knuckles reached across the table and picked up the small object. His eyes went blank, the purple covered his irises, his hand came up and held the object by the pearly part. A ray of light came to meet at his forehead as another line met with Shadow's , the hedgehog's eye's were the same blank.
    " What's going on, what's happening to them?" Cream whimpered.
    " I don't know! " Streak became worried, none of the books said anything about this kind of reaction, only that the object was to show them where the Lunaris Calender was.

" One world, ruled by the cosmos, to be faulted my it's own, for time and on, in the bed of rock and blanket stone the clocks soon ticks to the end. The three rings be joined and Raging Chaos be free"

Both the hedgehog's and the echidna's voices were monotone as they looked to the small object. At the last part of the chant, both fell unconscious and the object broke into the two original pieces.

" The Lunaris Calender is in Angel Island." Streak stared out into the sea.
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Chapter 6: The Lunaris Calender

" Why aren't they waking up?" Cream shook Shadow, trying to wake the hedgehog.
    " I don't know, we didn't know this would happen. We just thought that the object would tell or at least show us, like holding it up to the light and a map would show, not this." Streak's voice hit a high note, as his fear rose.
    " Wha...what happened." Knuckles was the first to wake up, holding his head, the echidna sat up and grimaced.
    " You passed out after that....thing did something and you two started babbling about a rock bed and what not." Rouge helped the echidna up
    " Wait, I know what it means. There is a stone calender in the depths of Angel Island. There also is a ring in the calender, a....Ring of Chaos.." Knuckles reluctantly said.
    " Ring of Chaos?" Streak dug through his bag and took another one of his old books from his pack.
    " The Three Rings of Chaos, the connectors of Chaos, links to the True Form and the power of the Raging. Two with the Keeper of Chaos, one hidden for the Keeper of Master to reveal on the day of the time of need."
    " You mean this?" Shadow stood up, touching the ring around his neck. " My stabilizer rings?"
    " I think so," Streak leaned forward to look more closely at the golden ring. " Can you take it off?"
    Shadow placed his hands to the ring, glowing brightly, he was able to slip the ring over his head. As the lion looked at it, he tuned it to be able to see the inside.
    " That's it! There is the engravings on the inside, an old language of the Tumaris, a race older than the echidnas, the first race to be Guardians."
    " How? The Master emerald isn't that much younger than the echidnas, how can they be Guardians?"
    " There were forces in play before the emeralds." Target spoke this time. " Magic beyond anyone's power, beyond the Master or Chaos emeralds. The Tumaris protected that power with their lives because it was their life source, and if it died, they died only moments after, like an ancient command. There are no records of what shape that power took or even what happened to it, but the Tumaris died out and the echidna race took their place."
    No one spoke, a power greater than the emeralds? Most of the group though, was glad that this power had died out, leaving people like Dr. Robotnik without the option of using it.
    "Can you read it?" Amy leaned to look at the ring.
    " Yes, Tumaris really isn't that far off of old Angel Islander. ' 1 of 3, the time is near. my sisters wait until Chaos appears"
    " That's it? That doesn't help at all." Sonic's ears twitched in annoyance.
    " Wait, I have this one" Rouge stepped forward and held out the ring she had on her wrist. " Shadow had this one also."
    " 2 of 3, watch your step, find my sisters before the threat." the young lion read out to the group.
    " So we need to get to the Lunaris Calender to get the third sister, and the third riddle-poem thing" Knuckles stated.
    " Yes, but we don't want to complete this before we know when the Lunaris Night is. Chaos Master is described as a savage beast with little control of it's own actions. It would be too dangerous to let it out before Matacroa appears." Streak cautioned.
    " So what do we do? Either way we have to get to the calender, which we should do tonight. We don't need to waste any time." Sonic looked to Tails. " Get the boat buddy, we're going on a trip."

They all met on the shore, like the other day, but without the joy and food, this was a solemn journey.
    " Everything ready?" Streak looked over the group, his heart thumping hard against his ribs. Finally, the Lunaris Calender, Angel's Keep, this was it. They lifted everyone onto the island and the group stared into the vast green.
    " Come on, we have to get into the Catacombs below." Knuckles signaled with a wave of his mitted hand.
    " I'll stay out here, to hell with catacombs, I'm not being cooped up in a tight tunnel." Shadow snarled, " I've already been locked up enough."
    " I don't like dark places..." Cream quivered, Cheese copying the motions.
    " Okay, you two stay up here and we'll go down, it might be best to keep you two apart anyway." Ducky looked at first the hedgehog then the echidna.
    "Fine" Shadow spat.

The catacombs were as dark and tight as the two up on the surface feared. The trip was a long one, Knuckles leading the group.
    " Do you even know where you are going Knuckle-head?" Sonic called from the back of the group.
    " Yes, for some reason I just know, but this thing is buried deeper than the original Master emerald chamber." Knuckles snapped back.
    " Both of you..." Rouge started before the tunnel opened up into a room. In the middle was a large stone circle, made of a red rock and decorated with strange pictures of beasts and people, eyes embedded with rubies and skin gilded with gold and silver. On each side the was a great ivory handle, veins of black ran through the rods, gold completing the handles. They could see there was a triangle piece cut out of the top layer, in it was a silver representation of this night's moon phase, and below the picture was strange markings, etched into the red stone.
    " What does it all mean?" Tails walked around the Lunaris calender with a touch of awe in his voice.
    " Tonight is that phase of the moon, the writings are Old Angel Islander. They had a different calender, let me see......" Streak walked, looking closely at the writings.".....2/30 crescent on the day of the 3rd of the time of Glory."
    " Oh yeah that helped....." Knuckles rolled his eye's at the lion, only to get his arm punched by Ducky.
    " You'd have to understand the old calender. The years are split into times that repeat, Time of Wake, Time of Work, Time of Battle , Time of Rest, Time of Glory, and Time of Death we, by this calender are in the Time of Glory. The 2/30 means it is the second day of the month, which don't have names, but only 30 days, or the phases of the moon. We can move this to see where the eclipse is, and the next night will be when Matacroa will come to this world."
    The group slowly made their way to one of the two handles without a word to each other. Only Streak stayed to watch the open piece move. As they pushed, everyone could feel vast gears, old and deep into the panels of the calender.
    " Stop!" Streak screamed, only a few steps." ....oh great ancestors...."
    " What?" Ducky looked at her friend.
    " The Eclipse is tonight."

" You're going to fall off." Shadow stared at the rabbit as she leaned out to stared at the sinking sun.
    " But it's pretty, you should come look."
    Shadow simply gave a curt snort. As the moon rose high, Shadow stared up into the starry night, this all wasn't supposed to happen, wasn't everything supposed calm down? Thinking, the hedgehog began to doze off.

" Shadow! Shadow!" The hedgehog was shaken awake.
    " Wha....what is it?"
    " Where is Cream?" Rouge, looked around.
    " She's over by the edge..." He glanced to the edge of the island. From that edge Cheese came flying frantically to the others motioning to the water.
    " Chao!Chao!" The little guy flew from them back to the edge, back to them, and returned to the edge.
    " She fell over!" Streak run to the edge as the Chao flew down to the reflecting of the eclipse.
    " How do we get in?" Sonic joined the lion.
    " Jump."
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Post by Youkaiyami May 19th 2009, 6:21 am

Chapter 7: Beasts and the time is now.

No one really needed to be goaded into jumping from the island, though everyone was nervous of what would meet them on the other side.

What did meet them was a dead land. Hills rose and fell into the distance, bare dirt and old, skeletal trees were dotted along the island, nothing seemed to be living.
    " Oh.....this place....." Amy stared into the dark world, over head was a sky thick with stars, strange constellations and star belts welcomed them with a slight wind, seeming to carry quiet and high voices. Not far from them, the young rabbit wandered.
    " Oh you made it!" she noticed them and ran to them. " There is a palace not far from here, its so big!"
    " Come on...let's get out of here..." Rouge didn't like the openness of the sky and land and wanted to find some shelter.
    " Let's go to the palace, it's our best bet." Target looked back to the land behind them, nothing gave them a clue on how to get back. As they walked to the palace, they saw that clay pots, baskets, and even fire places were set up around the large temple-like structure. Cream bent down and picked up a dusty doll, sewn with small fibers, it was a representation of a cat, a smiling face painted on with black paint, strands of hay were glued on to make whiskers and a blue cloth made a little dress. The temple was huge, steps leading to a stone arch graced with stone carvings of plants and strange animals from fairy tales and ancient times. In the main room, door ways and stairways led to dark and dusty halls, rooms and rooms full of relics from a distant time, seemingly another time, as the group walked along they soon realized that the temple was too large to explore this night.
    "Where do we start?" Sonic turned to the young lion, who at the time was wandering around the main room looking at the stone carvings.
    " The main room, that is were the Tumaris kept their power, I think. That's down the main corridor." Streak looked from the wall to the largest hall in the middle.
    " Then let's go then, we need to do something." Sonic looked at the group.
    " Should we really go deeper?" Shadow glared at the hedgehog.
    " We really don't have a choice do we?" Knuckles pushed ahead of the group and down the long hall. On each side the monsters seem to get stranger and more terrible, and joining them were figures that looked like Mobians, aside from the shiny obsidian gems that were in place of their eyes, carvings of water and storms surrounded the figures, as if they controlled the power.
    " This place is full of such....wealth...." Rouge's voice had no hint of greed, everyone here could feel that theft of the tiniest jewel would bring the wrath of the savage beasts and black eyed storm reigners. As the hall entered in to a large room, there were more of the black eyed Mobians on the wall and the storms they accompanied ran from cold dark stone to cool blue aquamarines and sapphires onto the floor in intricate swirls and designs with rubies and emeralds. The whole floor seemed to glow with a light of it's own, but no warmth emanated from the pale light. in the middle of the vast design was a circle of plain stone, carved with a cat-like monster. The longer they stared at it, the more the creature changed, from a more panther look to a lion, with ruby highlights and obsidian fur.
    " Chaos Master in it's True Form, a cat." Streak looked longing at the stones and pictures.
    Knuckles and Shadow followed the streams of blue to the middle where the lion sat, as they did a flash of colors announced the Chaos Emeralds. The two seemed in another trance as the gems circled them, the Rings of Chaos floated up and locked together in a short chain; the Master Emerald appeared as they linked and the hedgehog and echidna were thrown together as if by some strange force. The pale light from the floor got heavy and the group was temporarily blinded. When things cleaned somewhat, the ritual was far from over. Both bodies were mid-fusion as bones cracked and melded and their shapes went from echidna and hedgehog into feline. They managed to look at Rouge as their snouts blended together and pushed forward and thickened, teeth grinding into long saber-toothed fangs and mouth become a cage of heavy molars, the Master Emerald broke skin on the forehead, blood clearing as the wound healed. Hands became paws, the two inner toes graced with a sickle-like claw each. The form that rose before them was a flesh and blood copy on the stone carving on the floor. A large lion, standing two feet, at minimum, taller than Sonic. Black fur covered it majority, red highlighted over its eyes, one red, the right, the left eye purple, the Master Emerald between them, back behind its ears the back of the legs and underside of its crooked yet long tail. It's chest bore the red Chaos Emerald, the others on the upper and lower parts on it's front legs and ankles of it's hind legs, gilded in golden bracers. A white mantel went over both shoulders and down onto it's stomach, thick and soft.
    " Oh....god...." Amy and the others backed away from the huge beast except Target, who fell to his knees in front of Chaos Master.
    " Child of the storm, server of the planet, you have returned to your home, though it is now dead..." The beast spoke without moving its lips, a deep voice with no hint of the two Keeper's voices."...You were young, too young. Dragged from this land and lost to your true parents, brave people of the Chaos Temple. But love the ones you have now, for you can find your true parents no more. " The beast put its soft nose to the porcupines quills, giving the now crying young man a caress with its tongue.
    " Stoic Chaos is not among this world yet" The great beast looked to the group, lifting it head high. As everyone seemed to calming down, another light broke their vision. Where the cat had been was now a Mobian form, two of the bracers down on its knees, two dredlocks came down on each side of its face, spines jutted out from its head in a Shadow style, the underside of each spine and ends of the locks were red, the fangs still gleamed in the lights. Barefoot with wrapped legs and gray gloves it started to push past Sonic.
    " And I'll shall wait for it."
    " Hey, buddy , where are you going?" Sonic grabbed at Chaos Master's arm.
    " Unhand me you little bastard," Chaos Master turned on the blue hedgehog, lifting Sonic high into the air with a clawed hand and slammed him against the wall with a crunch. As the hedgehog slid down, Rouge made to save him, but Cream ran forward and grasped Chaos Master around the waist. She knew Knuckles and Shadow must still be in there.
    " Please...please! Don't hurt anyone!" she cried. Chaos Master only stood there for a moment before lancing its hand through the rabbit. Everyone screamed a she slid off its hand and dropped gasping on the floor, no one dared move now. Chaos Master stared at the rabbit as her Chao flew just beyond the beast's reach.
    " Chao, chao!" Chaos Master wasn't blind to the Chao, it had known of those...creatures that came from the being known as Chaos. Chao weren't usually along with mortals, but this one....It reached down and picked up the bloody rabbit and stared into her pale face. Lifting one hand, a green light Surrounded Cream, the blood lifted from her dress and the wound healed.
    " Chao only go with the pure of heart, and those they know are good. I apologize." At this, Chaos Master turned to Cheese.
    " Now, I must wait for Matacroa" Chaos Master warped this time, finding any other hold ups, unnecessary.
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Chapter 8: Race to the city

The group didn't know what to do as Chaos Master left, though when the beast did leave, Rouge ran to Cream and Amy to Sonic.
    " I'm fine, really..." Sonic allowed himself to be brought up by Amy, and grabbed his chest." I don't think anything is broken"
    " She's alive and healed." Rouge pick Cream up, the little rabbit was breathing very shallow and hoarse, but she was at least breathing. Streak had made for his friend who was now laying on his side crying like an upset child, his black eyes reflecting the lights of the the stones and gems.
    " Target...come on... it's alright. Get up, you don't know that what he said was true....." Streak was near tears himself, seeing his friend, someone who had always been so strong, a pillar to the lion, crying so badly.
    " I saw it, all of it. People, women, children, men, separated from their families, children dying with the grass. All of it....." The last part came out as a whisper, nothing more than a squeak. Target sat up, stiff and shaking as Streak and now Ducky helped him up.
    " The people who lived here, my people, the Chaos Temple Warriors, left because Angel's Keep became this dead world...."
    " So there is a way to get out of here." Tails piped up, everyone was soon reminded that time was certainly not a things they could waste, with their chances of escape thin and a savage beast that was once two of their friends on the loose out in the city. They walked slow, despite the fear of being locked in this world until the next eclipse; everyone was in their own mind, but the silence was tense, and Sonic was the first to break it.
    " So, Rouge, you never told us how Shadow came back." Everyone was wondering this, but no one had thought of that since all that had happened.
    " He told me that a residual force of the Chaos Control kept him alive and he was found by a doctor and taken care of. He didn't tell me much more..." Rouge looked down at Cream.
    " Why did we have to do all this?" Amy chimed " So what if two dumb monsters are destined to fight?" the she-hog was near tears herself. " Why did you have to drag us into it....." She cried into Sonic's shoulder
    " You don't understand. If Chaos Master hadn't been woken up the entire human race would be in grave danger." Ducky faced the group, walking backwards. " Matacroa has come this world to destroy the humans because their structures and lives create a disruption in the flow of nature, their buildings stand storms, they create cures for sickness. Chaos Master has come to protect the humans, are you just going to let them all die?"
    " Besides that..." Streak glanced to Ducky. " If Matacroa takes out the human race, the planet may be affected to the point that all life cannot survive."
    " What can we do?" Tails's brow knitted together.
    " I really don't know...but first let's get back to the city" Sonic stared out as they came to the top of the step of the temple. Target came forward and looked into the vast dead land, then up at the stars. One single star fell.
    " Make a wish" the porcupine's voice was little, lost in the open sky and gentle wind.
    "Let us get out of here." Amy's voice also seemed to be sucked into the stars and utter space as she made her wish.

Target was in lead now, a steady and heavy step took them around to the back of the Chaos Temple, where a terrace and stone veranda sat, the dead earth laid beyond. He lead them with the same determined gait that led Knuckles to the Lunaris Calender, the others followed with trepidation, but trusted the porcupine.
    "Let all who are present, stars, spirits of the living and dead, the Shepherds, and the force of the planet" Target spoke with a monotone,speaking to the sky." A star has fallen, and let it be that they grant their wish." From the horizon, a light came, and from that light came a person, or figure rather. It didn't have form, but everyone thought it may be female. This figure stayed only a short time before the group found themselves on the edge of Angel Island, no sign of the glowing figure.
    " How did you do that?!" Tails whipped around, looking for the star.
    " Do what?" Target looked at the fox.

Chaos Master didn't like the city, too many buildings, maybe Matacroa was doing a good thing.
    " No, the planet does not allow it" It set it's two tone eyes on the people, animal and human alike, as they walked by. No one turned to look at the newcomer, though it was nearly a head taller than most Mobians who walked the streets. It wondered why they had awakened it so soon, the Lunaris Night wasn't for a good 5 hours, and it needed something to do until then. It's nose and hedgehog-like ears twitched at a sound and smell of something....food, a cart went by with some kind of meat, Chaos Master didn't know what kind. Food on carts? The world had changed since it was last called upon, so many new memories, so many. Trying to fix on some memories, that came back to the planet when a creature died, scenes of battle came to it's head.
    " Heh" it smiled as images and snippets of Chaos slipped into it mind, humans and Mobians alike sure get themselves into trouble with creatures of the planet.

" Is...is it gone?" Cream woke up on the ride to shore, her head hurt and she was sore, but showed no signs of the attack on her earlier.
    " Yes, but we need to get you back home, we don't want you getting hurt again." Rouge's voice was hollow.
    " But, that's Knuckles and Shadow!" Cream sat up.
    " No." Streak looked to the rabbit Chaos Master doesn't keep the memories of the Keepers when called upon, just the memories of the planet. Those memories are long and it would take a great amount of time just pulling those two's memories up as memories are constantly added as animals and people die."
    " You mean it doesn't remember us?" Rouge asked the young lion.
    "No, so don't try and sweet talk it."
    Rouge died a little inside, she thought back to the two nights she spent with Knuckles and Shadow, this...Chaos Master, would not remember the love they made?
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Chapter 9: Matacroa and The Lore and Legend becomes Truth.

Cream cried as the others left her in her mother's care, she wanted to be there with the others, with Tails, to help.
    " It's just too dangerous, you certainly know that from earlier." Sonic laid a hand on the rabbits head.
    " Let's go, we need to find Chaos Master before the sun sets. Once the moon breaks the horizon it is the Lunaris Night." Streak's fur was bushed out in expectation and fear, matching his friend's bushy quills.
    Everyone hated to hear the little girl cry, but this wasn't the kind of adventure they needed her on. Though the city was large and their quarry one creature, luck played games with them for they found Chaos Master standing on one of the few outcrops into the sea, breakers smashing far in and up, spraying it with mist.
    " Hey buddy.." Sonic started as he made his way to Chaos Master. The beast looked over it's shoulder, Sonic could see Shadow in that glare. "...We just want to help."
    " You will be of no help, you do not have the Chaos Emerald to fall back on as you did in the battle with Chaos.
    " Hey look here, I don't need them. I've beaten Robotnik."
    " Your doctor isn't a powerful creature bent on the destruction of the entire human race, with the power to bring the very forces of nature down upon you..." Chaos Master turned to favor the hedgehog fully. "... you will only get in the way."
    " Come on! You can't expect to fight the Mata-whatever alone" Amy stood next to Sonic, Rouge soon joined her.
    " You have no choice, we're all here whether you like it of not." The bat had dark circles under her eyes and she didn't look like much of a fighter, but she wasn't about to leave Shadow and Knuckles, wherever they may be in that....monster.
    " Heh, you don't know what is going to happen, what is going to come to this world, what you stupid fools will die from. It is best that you all just stay back." Chaos Master stood stock still, turning back to the sea, everyone could see that the horizon had become dark, not only from the sun setting and the moon rising but from clouds, sickly and poisonous things that gave off a cold and dead wind. The wind carried leaves, feathers and small bones, little skulls and femurs of rodents, children, and other small creatures. What came on the wind was a creature that was not so terrible as the two headed, fanged beast on the walls of the Chaos Temple but terrible as those who stood there could feel the power of this monster. Matacroa, with it's flat mask-like face, two bright opalescent eyes with black lines flowing down the thin face, long and graceful neck going into a long horse body, the belly, two stripes over the legs and the ends of the legs were black. The creature landed on cloven blue hooves and looked to the assembled group. Chaos Master took no time in taking a swing at Matacroa, though it was stopped by Target as the porcupine block the attack.
    " You bastard, controlling one of the servers to protect yourself!" Chaos Master spat, Target's normally bright eyes were dull and staring. As the protector tried and tried to get to Matacroa Target was there to block the attack. Sonic decided that he would be needed and tried to hold back the porcupine to allow Chaos Master to Matacroa. But as the hero tried, a bolt of electricity swam through his body. Sonic was sent into the grass as Shadow had been at the cafe, the blue hog twitched, the only sign of him still living. Target then put himself back in the way of Chaos Master as Matacroa stared into the sky, bolts of lightning rained down and broke buildings and earth. The wind kicked up with a foul scent shattering glass and up rooting trees, joining in with the bones and leaves from the first wind.
    " We have to do something!" Tails used his twirling tails to keep from being taken by the wind, rouge was flying holding onto Amy, who tried to get to Sonic, who, by luck didn't get picked up because he was still laying down, Streak and Ducky had flopped to the ground in the fashion of Sonic . Target didn't seem affected by the wind, nor did Matacroa and Chaos Master begun to float against the wind.
    " I'm all ears!" Rouge didn't know what the fox had in mind, if Chaos Master couldn't get though, nor Sonic, what could they do?
    " We just....." Tail's words died out as the all out battle between Chaos Master and Target began, the protector had given up trying to get to Matacroa and was going after the pawn. Both boasted scratches and darkening fur where blood was drawn, but both were using powerful attacks, as Chaos Master landed and shifted one foot forward the ground shook and small part of earth came up trying to get the porcupine off balance. As Target jumped away he met a bolt of energy, much like a high powered version of Chaos Spear, with energy of his own. The resulting blast left all, including Matacroa with some injuries. As Chaos Master got up, Target didn't, and Matacroa looked down on it's fallen pawn. It didn't really see him, just a pale blue silhouette that was his aura. Matacroa only saw auras, and Rouge's melded into Amy's, causing Matacroa to be come confused, where there two people there? Looking back to Chaos Master, the winds died enough for everyone to stand. Amy ran to Sonic as he got up.
    " So this thing can be hurt.." Sonic pulled himself onto Amy, and looked to Matacroa. With Target out of the way, Chaos Master continued to assault Matacroa. The two danced around and around each other, once in a while someone would get in a kick or blast of energy. Thunder boomed and there was many a time when it looked like the pounding waves or blasting winds would take Chaos Master into the sea, but there seemed to be no end, the city behind them became worse and worse as the two beasts raged on, windows gone, bodies of all walks of life scattered among the rubble and bones.
    " This is the end, even if it destroys the very clock by which this world goes by, I will kill you Matacroa" Chaos Master took a step back from the celestial creature. It put it's two hands together, and from that a red light, slices started to form in Chaos Master's fur, blood welled up and floated from the wounds, forming blade shapes as it did.
    " Become the memories of the Planet with me you fool" The sickles, seven in count, seemed to flash and cut Matacroa, as they did, the great white and black beast seemed to turn to mist and dissipate.

Chaos Master fell to the ground.
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Chapter 10: The Blood Lotus

The wind died when Matacroa disappeared completely. Everyone stayed where they were, but Rouge didn't stay long. Her anguished wail broke the silence as she ran to the unmoving shape of Chaos Master. Everyone looked on as she bent down and laid her face to it's. Another wail got them started, Ducky helped with the waking Target, Amy helped Sonic; Rouge laid her face down and kissed it's face, her own coming up bloody, but she didn't care.
    " He...he...he...." Rouge couldn't finish, but punctuated her last sob with a crackled cry of sadness. Sonic came down next to her, his hand going to Chaos Master's neck, hand dropping soon as no pulse was found. Amy's hands went to her mouth.
    " He's....gone?" she managed to stutter. A small flash of light seperated the bodies, and in a jolt of hope Rouge check the two seperatly, only to heavy a choking sob as she found the same outcome.
    " Why?!" Rouge pounded on the ground " Why!? They saved us!" She pounded on the ground a few more time before crumpling up into the grass. The trio didn't know what to do, they didn't know them as well, but tears were still in each of their eyes. Rouge pulled both the echidna and the hedgehog to her, kissing them despite the blood.
    " Why?" she whispered into their ears, hoping her voice would bring them from the dead. Rouge only brought up her head when there was a light, small orbs seem to fall from it. Standing before them was a woman, dressing a robe, lines of silk, blues greens, brown, reds, blacks, of every shade and hue wrapped around her with strings of shells, feathers, vines, water, and branches. Her golden hair was braided many times, bones, seemingly nicer in nature than the once that welcomed Matacroa, and ribbons of every color intertwined. Her eyes were bright and alive, going from blues to greens like the waves of the seas. Beside her were wonderful and graceful beasts, with wings of feathery silver and fur and scales of jewels. Stars flanked them, bright and mysterious.
    " They did a favor for this planet, and will continue to serve me." The woman's voice seemed neither high nor low, though not even in the middle. " They have not gone in vain"
    " They died......" Rouge held the two to her.
    " And they shall be with you always" with this the bodies began to dissolve, not into nothing, but beads of light that floated into the air. The beads danced around everyone and Rouge heard from the sky the voices she thought she would no longer hear.
    " Don't forget us, and we will not forget you" Rouge cried out as the voices died away, and she felt the arms of Sonic, Tails, Amy, and the trio go around her. The woman bent down and blew a warm wind onto the group, sending them to Angel Island. The dancing beads swarmed and then landed all over the grass, and as they did small flowers bloomed, looking like roses the flowers had long outside petals with black stripes going down the middle and black tips on the inside rose-like petals.
    " Matacroa is not dead, but the flowers brought from the blood of those two will keep it in it's own realm. And always remember, you shall not be alone. They both loved you, and their love with transcend even death" at this Mother Earth touched her delicate fingers to Rouge's stomach. Rouge stared up as the woman dispersed and joined the beads that had not bloomed into the flowers, flying high into the sky.

Epilogue: The child of love.

She couldn't believe it, though it was bright and obvious in her arms, and the pain and time was obvious, but she still couldn't believe it.
    " He looks like....both of them" Amy leaned over and stared into the lavender eyes.
    " I know." Rouge looked down at her son, only an hour old. She saw Knuckles in his eyes, Shadow in his hair, she was there also, but that wasn't the strangest part.
    " He's a little darling." Ducky smiled at the hedgechidnat. The bundle Rouge was holding was a little boy with long ears, longer than hers with black tips and red tufts coming from the inside. His pale yet bright lavender eyes were framed by half moons of red that match the bottom of his little locks and edge of hair in the back ,the stripe on his head, the upper parts of his long arms and legs and the tip of his tail. His chest sported a large white tuft, just like Shadow, with a black belly and black hands and feet.
    "Have you thought of a name?" Amy glanced longingly at the boy.
    " Sha-Kruge, it sounds, right."
    codeorange

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) GOMM8

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Medalg10Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) White10Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Post by codeorange May 19th 2009, 4:13 pm

I like the story so far, Youkaiyami! Keep on going!
    Zez
    Zez

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) VOZLn

Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Blackr10Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Medalw11Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Zigzag10Crisis in Chaos (Fan-fiction) Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Post by Zez May 19th 2009, 4:15 pm

Woot woot for ultimateness! : ):
    Youkaiyami
    Youkaiyami

Rep0

Post by Youkaiyami May 19th 2009, 11:02 pm

Glad you like it, I might put the sequel up later on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content