Super Racer Z
Army
Erazor
9 posters

Favorite Current-Gen shooters

Erazor
    Erazor

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Imagee10

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Blackr10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalg10Favorite Current-Gen shooters White10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Empty Favorite Current-Gen shooters

Post by Erazor May 22nd 2009, 8:32 pm

This is not limited to FPS games. It can be 3rd person or side scrolling (good luck finding one this day and age though).

Playstation 3 - Killzone 2
    I remember playing the first Killzone. It was a bit sluggish but it had alot of replay value. This game is pretty much that (with some new and missing features) only a million times better.

X-Box 360 - Perfect Dark Zero
    Lots of wacky weapons, customizable weapon sets and you can even choose your weapon at the start of a mission. It also includes things that are sadly being forgotten by most other shooters such as 4-player split-screen, and bots for offline matches. I'm shocked that this is one of the older 360 games since no other shooter on the system has provided me with nearly as much entertainment.

Wii - House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
    Two awesome arcade shooters on one disc. If their's any shooter on the Wii I'd consider a must-have, it's this one.
    Army
    Army

Favorite Current-Gen shooters VOZLn

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Blackr10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalg10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Zigzag10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13Favorite Current-Gen shooters Rainbo10

Rep2

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Empty Re: Favorite Current-Gen shooters

Post by Army May 22nd 2009, 8:39 pm

HALO 3 FTW!
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Favorite Current-Gen shooters 56qtD

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z May 22nd 2009, 8:50 pm

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on XBL is helluva lot of fun, so I'd go with that. Halo 3... curse the campaign(but Metascoring FTW) and a couple of the new maps(Vahalla and Epitaph and Isolation and Stand off imo) and missing classics(Blood Gultch/Coagulation, but yay for the ones they brought back via dlc), curse the community(can't say much good about them... but Bungie is awesome), and last, but most importantly, I HATE GOD DAMN LAGG!(...but I love the forge mode)

Halo 3 is a 50/50, love/hate game.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon May 23rd 2009, 6:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLAIkYvZWTI
    ^Reminds me of ikaruga^
    http://revision3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20905

Ultimate 3 in 1 shmup collection for wii. They are going to make some good ones for ps3 though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest May 24th 2009, 12:58 am

Playstation 3 - KILLZONE 2
    The most awesome game on the PS3, it has the most Epic battles you'll ever see in a game. This also looks the most reallistic as well, though space Nazis seems more of fake.

X-Box 360 - Left 4 Dead
    The best Zombie game ever made, plus it's got Bill. If I put everything I love about this game on this page, it would take up three pages.

Nintendo Wii - House of The Dead 2 & 3
    We're meeting G over there, Please be safe G, How could anyone do this, Hello friends it is me...Goldmen..mm hmm hmm hmm..., Can't be......your!, This is the Final Battle!!!
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon May 24th 2009, 1:40 am

Mr. Fit wrote:Nintendo Wii - House of The Dead 2 & 3
    We're meeting G over there, Please be safe G, How could anyone do this, Hello friends it is me...Goldmen..mm hmm hmm hmm..., Can't be......your!, This is the Final Battle!!!
    I like the Dreamcast version of Hotd 2 way better. I think the Wii kills classic gaming.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest May 24th 2009, 1:44 am

Albino Nega wrote:
    I like the Dreamcast version of Hotd 2 way better. I think the Wii kills classic gaming.
    No it's more of a port......plus the Wii guns make it much better. It's worth a buy.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Blackr10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalg10Favorite Current-Gen shooters White10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor May 24th 2009, 11:36 am

Mr. Fit wrote:
    Albino Nega wrote:
    No it's more of a port......plus the Wii guns make it much better. It's worth a buy.
    Yes. Besides, you can't even use light guns in the DC version. That's no fun.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Zigzag10Favorite Current-Gen shooters White10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 24th 2009, 11:58 am

call of duty 5 wii
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon May 24th 2009, 3:12 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Mr. Fit wrote:
    Albino Nega wrote:
    You're wrong,yeah you can,I have light guns for my dreamcast and you can use guns on the Hotd2 for dreamcast.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz May 24th 2009, 4:38 pm

I don't really play shooting games, the last one I enjoyed was Star Wars: Battlefront II for PS2.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Blackr10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Zigzag10Favorite Current-Gen shooters White10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 24th 2009, 4:40 pm

Roterblitz wrote:I don't really play shooting games, the last one I enjoyed was Star Wars: Battlefront II for PS2.
    Yeah that game was awesome when are they going to make a new console one?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz May 24th 2009, 5:10 pm

That's actually a very complicated issue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_III

Heads up, the applause and cheering at the end are much louder than the rest of the video.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Favorite Current-Gen shooters ZtZYh

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Blackr10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Zigzag10Favorite Current-Gen shooters White10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13Favorite Current-Gen shooters 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 24th 2009, 5:27 pm

For crying out loud, they still haven't reassigned it? Well, whenever they finally release it, that'll be my favorite.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor May 25th 2009, 5:00 am

Albino Nega wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Mr. Fit wrote:
    Albino Nega wrote:
    You're wrong,yeah you can,I have light guns for my dreamcast and you can use guns on the Hotd2 for dreamcast.
    The game was made to be played with a light gun, which Sega of America opted not to bring out in the US, ostensibly because the folks in the mainstream press were calling gun games "murder simulators" after the tragedy in Colorado. Not content to simply refuse to release a light gun in the States, Sega implemented a lockout in the US version of the game, keeping owners of the imported Japanese gun peripheral from using it with the title.

With my legal, American copy of the game I cannot play with a light gun.
    phatuis
    phatuis

Favorite Current-Gen shooters WFmvl

Rep0

Post by phatuis May 25th 2009, 5:03 am

The only real FPS game I play on my Wii is COD, as its the only one I have
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Favorite Current-Gen shooters 56qtD

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z May 25th 2009, 5:30 am

Btw, I'm going to reconsider my list, because I forgot about FPS, TPS, and shooters all being different.

Xbox 360:
    FPS:Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    TPS:Unassigned, as I refuse to pick the only one I can think of for 360. Damn Mercs 2...
    Shooter:Ikaruga

PS2:
    FPS:Can't remember the name, but this one old James Bond game. Not even really sure if it was PS1 instead...
    TPS:Can't think of any I didn't prefer and own on Xbox.
    Shooter:Unassigned

XBOX:
    FPS:Halo 2
    TPS:Mercenaries, Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Shooter:unassigned

N64(what I've played of it):Golden Eye of course!

Sega Genesis(including CD):
    FPS:Terminator, if you can call it that lol
    TPS:unassigned
    Shooter:Silpheed Forever!

Computer:
    FPS:Half-Life 2
    TPS:eh... I can't think of any, and if they are, they're also FPS
    Shooter(flash game):Starfighter Disputed Galaxy
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medalw11Favorite Current-Gen shooters Zigzag10Favorite Current-Gen shooters White10Favorite Current-Gen shooters Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 25th 2009, 7:30 am

Super Racer Z wrote:Btw, I'm going to reconsider my list, because I forgot about FPS, TPS, and shooters all being different.

Xbox 360:
    FPS:Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    TPS:Unassigned, as I refuse to pick the only one I can think of for 360. Damn Mercs 2...
    Shooter:Ikaruga

PS2:
    FPS:Can't remember the name, but this one old James Bond game. Not even really sure if it was PS1 instead...
    TPS:Can't think of any I didn't prefer and own on Xbox.
    Shooter:Unassigned

XBOX:
    FPS:Halo 2
    TPS:Mercenaries, Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Shooter:unassigned

N64(what I've played of it):Golden Eye of course!

Sega Genesis(including CD):
    FPS:Terminator, if you can call it that lol
    TPS:unassigned
    Shooter:Silpheed Forever!

Computer:
    FPS:Half-Life 2
    TPS:eh... I can't think of any, and if they are, they're also FPS
    Shooter(flash game):Starfighter Disputed Galaxy
    ace combat series were a good arcade like shooter on ps2
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon May 25th 2009, 7:04 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Albino Nega wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Mr. Fit wrote:
    Albino Nega wrote:
    The game was made to be played with a light gun, which Sega of America opted not to bring out in the US, ostensibly because the folks in the mainstream press were calling gun games "murder simulators" after the tragedy in Colorado. Not content to simply refuse to release a light gun in the States, Sega implemented a lockout in the US version of the game, keeping owners of the imported Japanese gun peripheral from using it with the title.

With my legal, American copy of the game I cannot play with a light gun.
    They are talking about the light gun,not the game,I have a LEGAL AMERICAN copy,and a madcatz light gun for the dreamcast and it works. You are thinking that the official u.s. light gun isn't there,but a 3rd party light gun does work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content