Independence76
The Freedom Fighter
Army
11 posters

Oh Crap (New War?)

Army
    Army

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Medalg10Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13Oh Crap (New War?) Rainbo10

: Male
     Rep2

Oh Crap (New War?) Empty Oh Crap (New War?)

Post by Army May 28th 2009, 9:49 pm

Okay, your mileage may vary on this but....
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-05/27/content_11442899.htm

Apparently, North Korea just announced that it is no longer abiding by the truce agreement which was instated after the Korean War ended in 1953.

Basically they are now ready and willing to fire upon any opposing nations.

Could Nuclear War be upon us? Discuss.

Last edited by Sonic The Armadillo on May 28th 2009, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Oh Crap (New War?) Empty Re: Oh Crap (New War?)

Post by Guest May 28th 2009, 10:12 pm

n=nukes=n, therefore n=n
    5,000>5

Therefore:
    5,000n>5n

k=North Korea<5n
    u=United States of America>5,000n

Therefore:
    u>k

With this information we can conclude that:
    un>kn

In other words, the US would utterly obliterate the North Koreans.
    Army
    Army

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Medalg10Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13Oh Crap (New War?) Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army May 28th 2009, 10:20 pm

I'm hoping WWIII won't start. We could end up getting nuked, plus, it may still be going when I'm 18. I would have to sign up for drafting, they could pick me, and I would be forced to fight against my will. I don't wanna go to war! Ima pansie!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Oh Crap (New War?) ZtZYh

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) White10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13Oh Crap (New War?) 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 28th 2009, 10:56 pm

Wouldn't it just restart the Korean War? Since, if I remember right, we only had a ceasefire or something like that with them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest May 28th 2009, 11:30 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:I'm hoping WWIII won't start. We could end up getting nuked, plus, it may still be going when I'm 18. I would have to sign up for drafting, they could pick me, and I would be forced to fight against my will. I don't wanna go to war! Ima pansie!
    Oh hush. There won't be a WW3. If you're that worried about turning to radioactive ash, move out to the country. New York and DC will be the first two things they drop nukes on, and the rest will probably go into cities of California and SK.
    Army
    Army

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Army May 28th 2009, 11:34 pm

I live In CA
    DARN IT! It's unessersary to quote me saying, "Ima Pansie"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest May 28th 2009, 11:39 pm

1: Unless you live in a major city, you should be fine. I also forgot to mention: Strategic Defense Initiative.
    2: I think it was very necessary.
    Independence76

Oh Crap (New War?) GOMM8

Oh Crap (New War?) Medalg10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 May 29th 2009, 4:55 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Appeasement.

The failed and peaceful tradition of quietly having nice little conversations with countries that are ready to stab you in the back when you turn around.

omg, appeasement will be the best weapon evar..
    Miles24
    Miles24

Oh Crap (New War?) Imagee10

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) White10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13Oh Crap (New War?) 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 May 29th 2009, 5:10 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Wouldn't it just restart the Korean War? Since, if I remember right, we only had a ceasefire or something like that with them.

Agreed. In fact, the Korean War ended the very same way it began. Both counries were divided by the 38th parallel. As for a third World War beginning, I highly doubt that it would happen, seeing that the majority of the world does not want to go through what has happened in the past once more.
    sykog
    sykog

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Medalg10Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 30th 2009, 12:00 am

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:I'm hoping WWIII won't start. We could end up getting nuked, plus, it may still be going when I'm 18. I would have to sign up for drafting, they could pick me, and I would be forced to fight against my will. I don't wanna go to war! Ima pansie!
    You and a bunch of others.
    fluffymoochicken
    fluffymoochicken

Oh Crap (New War?) WFmvl

Rep0

Post by fluffymoochicken May 30th 2009, 8:41 am

It won't cause WWIII. In order for that to happen, there'd have to be a lot of powerful countries on North Korea's side. But.... there aren't. Russia, the United States, and most every other country in the world opposes their actions. China has even put them under scrutiny now, too. It appears to be just one tiny country going off the deep end. This sort of thing happens every now and then.

Don't prepare a fallout shelter for yourself just yet, either. I haven't heard any mention of Korea having ICBM's... it's highly doubtful they're in a position to take on the world. But we have to be careful in order to assure the safety of innocent civilians, South Korea, and surrounding countries.
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Oh Crap (New War?) WFmvl

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 May 30th 2009, 8:53 am

WWIII would be pretty cool though, I would not mind shooten'em up.
    The World Wars befor it were cool in a way.
    sykog
    sykog

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Medalg10Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 30th 2009, 12:22 pm

fluffymoochicken wrote:It won't cause WWIII. In order for that to happen, there'd have to be a lot of powerful countries on North Korea's side. But.... there aren't. Russia, the United States, and most every other country in the world opposes their actions. China has even put them under scrutiny now, too. It appears to be just one tiny country going off the deep end. This sort of thing happens every now and then.

Don't prepare a fallout shelter for yourself just yet, either. I haven't heard any mention of Korea having ICBM's... it's highly doubtful they're in a position to take on the world. But we have to be careful in order to assure the safety of innocent civilians, South Korea, and surrounding countries.
    I guess you have a good point there. Cookie
    Army
    Army

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Army May 30th 2009, 1:09 pm

Well, in case we do have war, the U.S. government should create robot soldiers to go to war for us, (so I don't have to go.) The robots will be called Armored Super Soldiers, or A.S.S., and they'd be like Terminator robots, but more indestructible
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) White10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 30th 2009, 3:59 pm

we have a prequel to this called
    Oh Crap (New War?) PS2_mercenaries

Story:North Korea sends nuclear missles to terrorist elements but the cargo gets intercepted by the Royal Aus. Navy. the UN invades trying to bring peace SK invades trying to unify china invades trying to stop SK from uniting and tries to take over NK and the russian mafia steps up their actions trying to make a bit more money north korea builds a large artillery gun threatening to launch chemical filled shells to Seoul and Tokyo but are destroyed then they begin to launch ICBMs at Washington DC, Moscow, Seoul and Beijing but they are stopped by a UN raid and the dictator of NK is captured (or killed if you decide to).
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Oh Crap (New War?) ZtZYh

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) White10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13Oh Crap (New War?) 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 30th 2009, 5:44 pm

Just out of curiousity, is it really all of North Korea, or just its government?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Zigzag10Oh Crap (New War?) White10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 30th 2009, 5:46 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Just out of curiousity, is it really all of North Korea, or just its government?
    if your talking to me it's all of north korea
    Modiviver
    Modiviver

Oh Crap (New War?) Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Modiviver May 30th 2009, 5:46 pm

Erm...dammit.
    Plix
    Plix

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix May 31st 2009, 11:51 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Just out of curiousity, is it really all of North Korea, or just its government?
    if your talking to me it's all of north korea

That's an ignorant thing to say. Do you seriouslt think every single North Korean is communist and hates the US?

[quotw="Mly"]In other words, the US would utterly obliterate the North Koreans.[/quote]

WHOA. I think you just blew my mind. All we have to do is nuke the country, really? Why haven't I nor the joint chiefs and Obama realized this yet?

The draft was abolished sometime in the Vietnam era. It's unlikely that it will be reinstated, because WWIII won't start. North Korea doesn't have much going for it, and we are one of the most powerful nations in the world, with a bunch of allies.
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Oh Crap (New War?) WFmvl

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 June 1st 2009, 7:03 am

The draft was abolished sometime in the Vietnam era. It's unlikely that it will be reinstated, because WWIII won't start. North Korea doesn't have much going for it, and we are one of the most powerful nations in the world, with a bunch of allies.
    Remember the Civil War? Well I sure know you're thinking exactly the way the north thought, then it turned out to be a huge War. So don't underastimate people.
    Plix
    Plix

Oh Crap (New War?) VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix June 1st 2009, 3:50 pm

Times have changed too much for that to even be more than an afterthought.

The American Civil War was in a time of muskets and cannons, when soldiers still charged at each other with their slow loading rifles and bayonetts in the middle of an open field. Nuclear warfare has changed everything, just look at the Cold War. At the end of WWII, only about 1 in 3 Russian soldiers actually had a weapon. If we attacked at the right time, they would have not been able to stop us, as we had a humongous military and tons of resources to keep building ourselves up. Russia had neither of those, at least to the extent we did. But it was because of nuclear weapons that when we were drawn to the brink of war, that it ended in a stalemate.

If North Korea wanted too, they could unleash their nuclear arsenal all at once unexpectedly and wipe the US out in a day. But they know that that would be a deathwish, as numerous nations would spring up to our defense.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Oh Crap (New War?) Blackr10Oh Crap (New War?) Medalw11Oh Crap (New War?) Medalg10Oh Crap (New War?) White10Oh Crap (New War?) Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 2nd 2009, 12:53 am

I should move to Canada. They never go to war and they have universal health care. Those lucky ducks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 2nd 2009, 2:46 am

Silly fool. Don't you know that the people of Soviet Canuckistan support unamerican ideas like gay rights, socialized medicine and balanced budgets?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content