+6
XNinjaRed
Miles24
Crystal Chaotix 3
Knucklesownsyou280
Zez
codeorange
10 posters

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox?

codeorange

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? GOMM8

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? White10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Empty Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox?

Post by codeorange June 2nd 2009, 3:25 am

Heh, the topic title may be a bit odd sounding, but hear me out on this one.

I think this is an interesting issue to talk about. Since we all know that Tails is a fox, then why hasn't he shown much, if any, of his fox traits? I mean, the characteristics that make a fox a fox. Foxes are usually sly and cunning, and while Tails is a very bright kid, he hasn't shown his "sneaky" side yet, and that bugs me a bit. What do you think?
    Zez
    Zez

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? VOZLn

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Blackr10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Zigzag10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep24

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Empty Re: Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox?

Post by Zez June 2nd 2009, 3:28 am

STOP READIN MA MIND!

[/Personal meme]

I was thinking about this, too! Actually height, though. A fox would realistically eat a overturned hedehog or Echidna and tower over them, but he's been the shortling.

Off topic in a sense. Yesh, when he matures and gets out of his naivety stage, he'll be the sneaky and cheeky little fox he is. Juss wait, :Wink Wink:
    Anonymous

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Empty Re: Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox?

Post by Guest June 2nd 2009, 3:35 am

Do note that echidnas don't go around fighting all manner of things with their fists, hedgehogs don't spin-dash into their enemies, and animals in general don't speak human languages and wear clothes. The Sonic series is not very much geared toward realism. It would also likely be rather boring after a while to have Tails be a unidimensional, archetypical or possibly even stereotypical sly fox.
    codeorange

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? White10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange June 2nd 2009, 7:46 pm

I guess I look at it like this. Tails is a fox, so he must do something that's foxy to play up alittle more to his character. I mean, Tails is smart, but is he crafty? Is he cunning? Can he think up of clever tricks to pull on his enemies? I'm not counting the early cartoon series. I'm talking about now and in the games. Would you like to see him do something foxy in a cut scene in a game?

The only time I recall Tails doing that would be in SA2 with the fake Chaos Emerald.

Last edited by codeorange on June 3rd 2009, 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 June 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm

codeorange wrote:

The only time I recall Tails doing that would be in SA2 with the fake Chaos Emerald.

...fixed...
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Blackr10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? White10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:20 pm

Tails tried once in SA2 but that backfired big time when he "told" Eggman that the freaking emerald was fake.
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 June 2nd 2009, 8:26 pm

That too.....Tails has the cunning and cleverness of a normal fox, but his higher intellect and thought process has made him to be more clumsy than one would expect, I mean, you can think high enough to know the risks of being caught sneaky down to a science that it can backfire by simple cleverness from the opposing force.

plus, he's 8 years old, don't get me wrong, 8 year olds can be pretty smart, but he's not going to be a pro at everything, such as being sneaky. Think of the SA2 thing as a "stepping Stone" for more of him to get more like a "fox"....
    Miles24
    Miles24

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Imagee10

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Blackr10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? White10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 June 2nd 2009, 8:27 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Tails tried once in SA2 but that backfired big time when he "told" Eggman that the freaking emerald was fake.

Then again, Eggman coud easily outsly quite a few people. As for Tails, It could very well be possible in the future that he could become a bit more cunning and sly, but I cannot see it happen due to the personality that he has currently.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Blackr10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? White10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:40 pm

Miles24 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Tails tried once in SA2 but that backfired big time when he "told" Eggman that the freaking emerald was fake.

Then again, Eggman coud easily outsly quite a few people. As for Tails, It could very well be possible in the future that he could become a bit more cunning and sly, but I cannot see it happen due to the personality that he has currently.

Doesn't matter. He's tried it before and it didn't work. Maybe he's being a lot more sly and careful then we're recognizing him to be. I don't know.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Zigzag10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed June 3rd 2009, 2:34 am

That would be funny.
    We all see him as the sweet little sidekick fox, then all of a sudden a game comes out with a big plot twist that Tails was behind every single one of Sonic's victories or something. XD
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 3rd 2009, 6:00 am

XNinjaRed wrote:That would be funny.
    We all see him as the sweet little sidekick fox, then all of a sudden a game comes out with a big plot twist that Tails was behind every single one of Sonic's victories or something. XD

Or even more shocking. Tails was behind of Sonic's defeats. :O_o:
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? 56qtD

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 3rd 2009, 6:07 am

Laughing

I'm not sure about being really sneaky(maybe sneaking around to spy on Eggman, also using his plethora of technology, but he could become a bit more crafty. I mean, with how smart he is, surely he could make weapons and tools on the spot using various items, and also be able to sneak around a base, shooting little emp devices to silently take out surveillance cameras and badniks/robots/eggman minions.
    sykog
    sykog

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Blackr10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Zigzag10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 4th 2009, 8:30 pm

A cunning Tails... That would be sweet.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 5th 2009, 8:11 pm

sykog77 wrote:A cunning Tails... That would be sweet.

And an Eggman that acted like Hades from Hercules would be sweeter.

For a time at least...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? ZtZYh

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Blackr10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Zigzag10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? White10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 30th 2009, 12:25 pm

Not sure I'd like Tails like that though. A character like that would be interesting, but not sure I want Tails like that.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalw11Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medalg10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Zigzag10Should Tails get in touch with his inner fox? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 6:07 pm

Of course he should. Variety wouldn't be bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content