XNinjaRed
Zez
Super Racer Z
8 posters

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated?

Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? 56qtD

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

: Male
     Rep16

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Empty Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated?

Post by Super Racer Z June 20th 2009, 4:14 am

Why do his flaws(what he said seems to be the worst exaggerated) always get exaggerated By Shadow haters, and sometimes fans? Is it because he was going to die, then got brought back, so everyone did so to make it all seem much more worse than it was? Is it so people who hate Shadow, but have no good reasons can still hate on him? Do they all just seem to remember it as happening 2x more so than it did?

I just can't seem to figure out why so many people are so untrue when it comes to his flaws.

Did everyone else just get a different uncut version of the games with him saying everything twice as much?

Last edited by Super Racer Z on June 20th 2009, 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zez
    Zez

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? VOZLn

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Blackr10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Zigzag10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep24

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Empty Re: Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated?

Post by Zez June 20th 2009, 4:16 am

They're exaggereated, because his strengths are exaggerated as well.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep16

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Empty Re: Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated?

Post by Super Racer Z June 20th 2009, 4:41 am

I don't see how that's an adequate reason. I don't see as many people try to say he can destroy stars or anything. He may be portrayed as a bit overpowered in the games, but in the games. People don't just make up that he can teleport without the emeralds, Sonic team just decided to allow him to do that.

Basically, that's not his power being over-exaggerated, that's just him being badly portrayed in comparison to the others.

Last edited by Super Racer Z on June 20th 2009, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Imagee10

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalg10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Zigzag10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed June 20th 2009, 6:03 am

Super Racer Z wrote:I don't see how that's an adequate reason.
    You want an adequate reason from Zezima? You funny dog you. lol
    Zez
    Zez

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Blackr10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Zigzag10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 20th 2009, 6:05 am

XNinjaRed wrote:
    That's really how bad I am?
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalg10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Zigzag10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed June 20th 2009, 6:09 am

Zezima wrote:
    XNinjaRed wrote:
    That's really how bad I am?
    Read your post and read my reactions to it.
    I could accept your giving me lots of things I had to do, I didn't mind that at all.
    I could accept you trying to push every body to post.
    I could accept you panicking about some people not posting.
    But really after reading more of your posts where you simply come up with the most stupid of logic that's just where I really started to hate you to be honest.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 20th 2009, 6:12 am

It's just that you won't give a straight up, non half assed reason as to why you don't like Shadow. That's al you need to do. Give a good, completely true to the games and media, answer.

^And yes, you could stop panicking about people not posting every day aswell...
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 20th 2009, 6:22 am

I am the worst poster I have ever seen. I understand to stop panicking about members. I'll stop. I need to give more valid reasons, and stop being so hasty. I need to think things through better. I really want to say I am sorry, and pathetic right now. I'll be more responsible.
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 June 20th 2009, 8:59 am

Super Racer Z wrote:Is it because he was going to die, then got brought back

He never died, if you go and play Shadow The Hedgehog, and last ten mins on the last boss. Then you'll hear Eggman tell Shadow that he saved him at the last second. So he never died.

Go check it out.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Blackr10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalg10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? White10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 20th 2009, 11:02 am

He has a terrible story, he has a boring personality, he's way too powerful, and every game since his introduction (up until SatSR, half a decade later) has completely revolved around him.

Look up "Mary Sue".
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 20th 2009, 11:31 am

CoolerThanYou68 wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:Is it because he was going to die, then got brought back

He never died, if you go and play Shadow The Hedgehog, and last ten mins on the last boss. Then you'll hear Eggman tell Shadow that he saved him at the last second. So he never died.

Go check it out.
    You misunderstood me. I was talking about how in the end of SA2, it was unknown whether he died or not, but was more suggesting of him dieing. Than in the very next game, he's already back.

I was questioning if people were trying to find reasons to hate on him because he came back so soon, when he potentially had sacrificed himself.

Roterblitz wrote:He has a terrible story, he has a boring personality, he's way too powerful, and every game since his introduction (up until SatSR, half a decade later) has completely revolved around him.

Look up "Mary Sue".

I could definitely understand most of those for Shadow the Hedgehog, and some for the rest. Shadow the Hedgehog imo butchered his backstory, his personality, and helped make him overpowered, plus the game definitely revolved around him(hint the title) and had a pretty bad story if I was to say,although it's opinion based. I'd definitely call him a Mary Sue here.

In SNG, I could also understand all of those, because it did revolve around him the most, and he was more powerful than everyone, although imo his personality wasn't too bad, especially when compared to Shadow the Hedgehog. Definite Mary Sue in this game when it comes to his involvement in the story and his power aswell.

SA2, even though you could still say most of those with a little bit of validity, would be much less true, as the story revolved around Sonic, Eggman, Dr. Gerold, The ARK, and Shadow, not completely, or even mostly around him. His Story and personality I thought was pretty good for a Sonic game, although that's opinion based aswell. He also wasn't overpowered in SA2, as Sonic could do everything he could, and more once he had all of the upgrades(gameplay wise though). Hell, he could even do a chaos attack just like Shadow. Sonic Wind.(And you can't say he can't, because Chaos spear was never mentioned in the story either. Just in 2P and on that fight) Other than his tragic past, I don't see how he is a Mary Sue in this game.

Sonic Heroes... I couldn't even say, as I never finished it(I got bored of doing the same levels 4 times and the same bosses) and haven't played in forever, meaning I've forgot his involvement.

Other than in SA2, I could agree with you on most of those reasons.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Blackr10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalg10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? White10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 20th 2009, 12:06 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:Other than in SA2, I could agree with you on most of those reasons.
    I said since his introduction, so we are agreed. And I'm sure most people have the same reasons I do, so what exactly is it that you can't figure out?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 20th 2009, 12:37 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:Other than in SA2, I could agree with you on most of those reasons.
    I said since his introduction, so we are agreed. And I'm sure most people have the same reasons I do, so what exactly is it that you can't figure out?

What I'm talking about is people flat out exaggerating how many times he said things(Other than in ShTH, it wasn't that bad), how "emo" he is(In SNG he was nothing like that), etc.

What you're doing isn't exaggerating. You're just forming an opinion and stating things from your examination of the games he's been in.
    sykog
    sykog

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Blackr10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalg10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Zigzag10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 20th 2009, 2:50 pm

Zezima wrote:They're exaggereated, because his strengths are exaggerated as well.
    Yes, 'tis be true.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? ZtZYh

Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Blackr10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medalw11Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Zigzag10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? White10Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? Medal13Why do Shadow's flaws get exagerated? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 25th 2009, 2:51 pm

Because they like to make people cry?
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 5:34 pm

His flaws are exaggerated because they can be. He's the most universally popular Sonic character second to only Sonic himself. The popularity, and spotlight time has given way to examine him more closely, revealing flaws more easily. Putting Shadow in many games doesn't help to the fact, either.

That, or just because they can be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content