sykog
Sonic Fan
Auflodern
10 posters

do graphics make a game?

Auflodern
    Auflodern

do graphics make a game? VOZLn

do graphics make a game? Medalw11do graphics make a game? Zigzag10do graphics make a game? White10do graphics make a game? Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

do graphics make a game? Empty do graphics make a game?

Post by Auflodern July 4th 2009, 2:47 pm

do you belive in having graphics be the best part of a game and the rest of it being very hard, no good storyline and the controls suck

or do you not care about graphics as long as the game is fun with a good story line and well built controls
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

do graphics make a game? GOMM8

do graphics make a game? Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

do graphics make a game? Empty Re: do graphics make a game?

Post by Sonic Fan July 4th 2009, 2:52 pm

I personally prefer the gameplay and music, flashy graphics mean nothing to me, I much prefer the awesome graphics found in retro games, and not all this realistic crap we have these days.
    sykog
    sykog

do graphics make a game? Imagee10

do graphics make a game? Blackr10do graphics make a game? Medalw11do graphics make a game? Medalg10do graphics make a game? Zigzag10do graphics make a game? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 4th 2009, 3:11 pm

no :<_<:
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

do graphics make a game? Blackr10do graphics make a game? Medalw11do graphics make a game? Zigzag10do graphics make a game? White10do graphics make a game? Medal13do graphics make a game? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic July 4th 2009, 3:14 pm

No but it does make it look pretty
    a bee
    a bee

do graphics make a game? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by a bee July 4th 2009, 3:38 pm

They don't, unless you're a greedy and/or french video game publisher that must crack the whip for pretty undesigned games every year without giving it depthful development time then bribe the gaming press to up their review scores to factor glow.

The actual creative game design era in the industry has died in the advent of 3d accelleration in 1998.

Last edited by a bee on July 4th 2009, 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

do graphics make a game? ZtZYh

do graphics make a game? Blackr10do graphics make a game? Medalw11do graphics make a game? Zigzag10do graphics make a game? White10do graphics make a game? Medal13do graphics make a game? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 4th 2009, 3:38 pm

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that it should look good; no in the sense that graphics shouldn't be the prime focus.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

do graphics make a game? Blackr10do graphics make a game? Medalw11do graphics make a game? Medalg10do graphics make a game? White10do graphics make a game? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 4th 2009, 9:04 pm

No one will enjoy an otherwise bad game just because it has good graphics, but nowadays, it shouldn't even be a matter of "graphics vs gameplay" despite what Nintendo might claim.
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

do graphics make a game? Kz2PK

do graphics make a game? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 July 4th 2009, 9:59 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Yes and no. Yes in the sense that it should look good; no in the sense that graphics shouldn't be the prime focus.

^QFT : ):
    Phantom
    Phantom

do graphics make a game? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom July 10th 2009, 2:03 am

Although I've been trained in the art of game graphics, my personal convictions are all about gameplay, and I define that as the certain X-factor that makes any game fun and satisfying. In this day and age of HD and photo-realism, there is no excuse for underdone visuals from a professional game, but never at the expense of the overall game's design and idea. Photorealistic graphics will not redeem a game with unresponsive controls, an unintuitive interface and unsatisfying designs.

I've known people who claim this console is better than that console because it has better graphics*, and I say that's a load of crap--the console itself can not create pretty graphics, it's what a capable and competent developer can do with it; I've seen Dreamcast games which look better than next-gen offerings.

*Fanboys like those almost made me quit gaming permanently--I didn't allow any such thing to happen.

Edit: Time for a shameless plug for my portfolio website...how are the graphics that I make?
    Erazor
    Erazor

do graphics make a game? Blackr10do graphics make a game? Medalw11do graphics make a game? Medalg10do graphics make a game? White10do graphics make a game? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor July 10th 2009, 2:19 am

Well, Epic has that new DLC game coming out and, despite it's flashy graphics, I'm not getting it because the gameplay looks pretty standard and the soundtrack is nonexistant. That counts for something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content