The ancient lands.

5 posters

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death

Zez
    Zez

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death VOZLn

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Blackr10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medalw11SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Zigzag10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Empty SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death

Post by Zez July 12th 2009, 5:09 am

"We are proud to have worked with him"

The first reaction from within Sega on the sudden and shocking death of Michael Jackson via their Twitter feed, and how a possible re-release of Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker could factor in to remembering the King of Pop–hours before any other gaming site had anything.

Later on Friday, it appears that SEGA sent out a more official and more general statement acknowledging Jackson’s death. That word was passed along to MTV’s Multiplayer blog, and it reads:

SEGA wrote:We here at SEGA were very sad to hear about the passing of Michael Jackson. He was a true music legend whose songs touched each of us at some point in our lives. We are proud to have worked with him and included his music in some of our most well-remembered games and are sure that his genius will live on through his great body of work. We have no doubt that future generations will be moonwalking to all his greatest hits.

In addition to the video game adaptation of Moonwalker, Jackson made cameos in both Space Channel 5 for the Dreamcast and its sequel. Most in Sonic fandom are also well aware of his purported involvement with the soundtrack of Sonic 3–involvement that has never been officially confirmed by SEGA.
    sykog
    sykog

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Imagee10

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Blackr10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medalw11SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medalg10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Zigzag10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medal13

Rep29

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Empty Re: SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death

Post by sykog July 12th 2009, 7:04 pm

Huh, that's interesting. Sounds like he did have a part in Sonic 3. I wish they could be specific though.
    Jmh
    Jmh

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Imagee10

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medalw11SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death White10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medal13

Rep67

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Empty Re: SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death

Post by Jmh July 12th 2009, 7:58 pm

sykog77 wrote:Huh, that's interesting. Sounds like he did have a part in Sonic 3. I wish they could be specific though.
    Yeah, me too.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medalw11SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death White10SEGA's Official Statement on Jackson Death Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 July 12th 2009, 8:43 pm

I already posted this topic and so did SupaSega.

https://sonicommunity.forumotion.com/random-f6/sega-on-michael-jackson-s-passing-t2274.htm
    https://sonicommunity.forumotion.com/sega-f3/sega-on-mj-s-death-t2246.htm

And knowone posted in them. But anyway. Its nice to see that they said they were proud to work with him. Its like the also telling us that he did work on the Sonic 3 soundtrack but just not in those words. Its awesome that Sega got to work with him.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix July 12th 2009, 11:28 pm

Yes, but since this has the most discussion, I'll lock the other two.

Anyways, his coolest contribution has to be Space Michael.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 July 13th 2009, 1:59 am

SupaSEGA wrote:Yes, but since this has the most discussion, I'll lock the other two.

Anyways, his coolest contribution has to be Space Michael.
    I suppose. Even though I did make this topic first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content