12 posters

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda"

Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" GOMM8

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

: Male
     Rep-3

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Empty "dear nintendo, stop killing zelda"

Post by Joe Cool September 17th 2009, 11:55 am

http://thecoffeedesk.com/news/index.php/2009/08/07/zelda-spirit-tracks-review/
    personally, i think this guy is a retard. he's just complaining about the cel-shaded graphics of wind waker and phantom hourglass.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" VOZLn

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

Rep11

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Empty Re: "dear nintendo, stop killing zelda"

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 17th 2009, 12:47 pm

You're right; he is stupid. if all you can comment on a game is the graphics, you shouldn't play them at all.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Rep-3

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Empty Re: "dear nintendo, stop killing zelda"

Post by Joe Cool September 17th 2009, 12:48 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:You're right; he is stupid. if all you can comment on a game is the graphics, you shouldn't play them at all.
    Indeed, I liked the graphics of wind waker, really.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 17th 2009, 12:49 pm

yeah, they fit the tone of the game, I found.
    Manic Hedgehog
    Manic Hedgehog

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Kz2PK

Rep2

Post by Manic Hedgehog September 17th 2009, 8:17 pm

The Graphics in The Wind Waker is Actually a Cartoon like and I enjoyed the game so Sprit tracks and Wind Waker never damaged the Zelda Series well that's what I think.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Zigzag10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" White10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern September 17th 2009, 8:30 pm

Manic Hedgehog wrote:The Graphics in The Wind Waker is Actually a Cartoon like and I enjoyed the game so Sprit tracks and Wind Waker never damaged the Zelda Series well that's what I think.

I agree wind waker rox now if you'll excuse me I have to comment about this
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 September 17th 2009, 8:36 pm

So people gave Twilight Princess very high scores because of how similar to Ocarina of Time it is?
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 17th 2009, 9:31 pm

Its possible that is the only reason, but the quality of the game is nothing to neglect.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool September 18th 2009, 9:07 am

Chaos_Overlord wrote:Its possible that is the only reason, but the quality of the game is nothing to neglect.
    Indeed.
    I think they should keep the Cel-shading games on the Handhelds and make all the realistic ones like twilight princess and ocarina of time on Home consoles. Get the best out of both that way.
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 September 18th 2009, 1:11 pm

Sorry to burst this fellow's bubble, but I doubt that the Wind Waker style art will ever go away since apparently Japan likes it alot. Twilight Princess was designed specifically for Western audience which would explain it's apparently mediocre Japanese sales.
    sykog
    sykog

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Imagee10

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Blackr10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalg10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Zigzag10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 19th 2009, 8:16 pm

joeoflula wrote:http://thecoffeedesk.com/news/index.php/2009/08/07/zelda-spirit-tracks-review/
    personally, i think this guy is a retard. he's just complaining about the cel-shaded graphics of wind waker and phantom hourglass.
    I don't even need to read it, and I agree with you, if that's what he's really saying.
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 19th 2009, 10:04 pm

The DS games are most likely only cel-shaded to negate the lack of high res graphics.
    Am I anywhere near correct?
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool September 20th 2009, 6:40 am

Ultimate Prower wrote:The DS games are most likely only cel-shaded to negate the lack of high res graphics.
    Am I anywhere near correct?
    Probably.
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames September 20th 2009, 9:52 pm

Windwaker is one of my favorite games evurh, and the art direction had a great influence on that decision. Oh yeah.
    sykog
    sykog

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Imagee10

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Blackr10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalg10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Zigzag10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 21st 2009, 8:00 pm

Hidethegames wrote:Windwaker is one of my favorite games evurh, and the art direction had a great influence on that decision. Oh yeah.
    I just got it, and I'm only on the 2nd dungeon. It's awesome so far though.
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames September 28th 2009, 8:52 am

It'a amazing. I wouldn't stop playing it for a long time. However....I stopped after I believe the 5th dungeon though :/ I got stuck because I lost Makar and I have NO idea where in the dungeon he is. I tried playing it again the other day but I still couldn't find him. And I have a guide ftl.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" ZtZYh

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Blackr10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Zigzag10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" White10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 28th 2009, 9:25 am

Hmm, maybe you glitched him? Can you not find him on the map?
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames September 28th 2009, 12:48 pm

I don't know. There was one part I remember playing where he got taken away and I THINK I found him last time. He was like, behind bars but I couldn't get him out.
    BladeTheHedgehog
    BladeTheHedgehog

Rep0

Post by BladeTheHedgehog September 28th 2009, 12:57 pm

I've played windwaker but, yeah i didant like the cartoon graphics, but i didant think it hurt the series, i always thought of the legend of zelda series as a dark kind of game, but those graphics where a bit to cartoony for me, but its what the gamplay is that counts, and i thought it was good.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool September 28th 2009, 1:33 pm

BladeTheHedgehog wrote:I've played windwaker but, yeah i didant like the cartoon graphics, but i didant think it hurt the series, i always thought of the legend of zelda series as a dark kind of game, but those graphics where a bit to cartoony for me, but its what the gamplay is that counts, and i thought it was good.
    I wouldn't really say dark, but yeah, the series usually takes itself fairly seriously.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" ZtZYh

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Blackr10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medalw11"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Zigzag10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" White10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 28th 2009, 2:50 pm

Hidethegames wrote:I don't know. There was one part I remember playing where he got taken away and I THINK I found him last time. He was like, behind bars but I couldn't get him out.
    Oh, okay, I think I know where you are. Here, use this guide.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/469050/32615
    Wind Temple section, fourth paragraph.
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames October 3rd 2009, 9:42 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Hidethegames wrote:I don't know. There was one part I remember playing where he got taken away and I THINK I found him last time. He was like, behind bars but I couldn't get him out.
    Oh, okay, I think I know where you are. Here, use this guide.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/469050/32615
    Wind Temple section, fourth paragraph.

Thank you very much mah friend. :)

Edit: WOW! that's so awesome! I'm in the last temple before Ganon!
    Boom
    Boom

"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Blackr10"dear nintendo, stop killing zelda" Medal13

Rep1

Post by Boom October 3rd 2009, 1:22 pm

I loved WindWaker and digged the graphics.
    Although I get what he says about the train.
    It honestly just doesn't fit.
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 October 3rd 2009, 4:39 pm

^Well, Hyrule is another universe, isn't it?
    BladeTheHedgehog
    BladeTheHedgehog

Rep0

Post by BladeTheHedgehog October 3rd 2009, 8:53 pm

nope the windwaker world is just flooded land of hyrule

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content