The Freedom Fighter
Joe Cool
Army
16 posters

The lowest point in your gaming career.

Army
    Army

The lowest point in your gaming career. VOZLn

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13The lowest point in your gaming career. Rainbo10

: Male
     Rep2

The lowest point in your gaming career. Empty The lowest point in your gaming career.

Post by Army October 11th 2009, 1:15 pm

You remember the time that you were killed by a goomba, head-shot by your 7 year old cousin, lost to Glass Joe? discuss.
    When I first played Pokemon red and it took me ages to figure out how to leave my house, and then after that I didn't know how to save and I had a Ivysaur and I just turned it off D:

The time on Pokemon Blue where I stayed in Veridian Forest, training my Charmender to Charmeleon, and into Charizard, all before fighting Brock.

In Brawl, Lucario (me) was leaping off Smashville to deliver the finishing touches on Mario. When suddenly a Bob-omb appeared over me just as I was attacking. My damage was at 117% so...

You lucked out plumber boy....

Here's a REAL low point. In Mario Kart DS I was racing online with someone from Brazil, Japan and England. I was about to win the race (behind me the Japanese racer, then the English...) when suddenly out of nowhere, I sneeze. Didn't feel it coming, had no waring then BOOM. I jerk a bit, and when I open my eyes again (since the designers of the human race made it impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze) I'm in 4th. Looking at the replay, it looked like I just drove off to the side to allow the other guys (or girls) to win.

...I haven't played in months.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

The lowest point in your gaming career. GOMM8

The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep-3

The lowest point in your gaming career. Empty Re: The lowest point in your gaming career.

Post by Joe Cool October 11th 2009, 1:22 pm

I can open my eyes when I sneeze. You're just a bagel.
    Probably when I had no rings and ran straight into a motobug in a sonic game.
    Tries using Ness' PK thunder 2 against someone in smash bros., HE shielded ((or rolled, I don't remember) and I went straight off a ledge into a bottomless pit and lost.
    As for dying to a goomba. I have several times. Goombas are freaking hard. Mario has just barely survived every time He stomped on a goomba.
    /obvious sarcasm
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The lowest point in your gaming career. ZtZYh

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. White10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13The lowest point in your gaming career. 2nio02t

Rep76

The lowest point in your gaming career. Empty Re: The lowest point in your gaming career.

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 11th 2009, 1:40 pm

When my SA2B file was erased. Both times.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The lowest point in your gaming career. Imagee10

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. White10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 11th 2009, 1:43 pm

My nephew deleted my save o TP
    Phantom
    Phantom

Rep11

Post by Phantom October 13th 2009, 9:44 pm

Before playing in a Soul Calibur tournament, I practiced with three of my best fighters: Kilik, Raphael and Spawn. Then came the tournament, and I made it to the finals with two out of three of my choice characters, but then I inadvertently chose Ivy instead of Spawn (I guess I was feeling a bit too sure of myself to be using a character with whom I had next to nish experience), and got decimated--big time.

Moral of the story: if you've got characters that you're good with, use 'em.
    BladeTheHedgehog
    BladeTheHedgehog

The lowest point in your gaming career. 3qll2

Rep0

Post by BladeTheHedgehog October 14th 2009, 1:53 am

Sonic adventure DX - I was almost done with the last story and when i left the room and came back, it was all gone, my brother deleted my data.

my bro deletes my data when he trys to play most of my games so i have to be there when he trys.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

The lowest point in your gaming career. 56qtD

The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 14th 2009, 3:33 am

I've lost about 5 saves to people deleting them. Almost all of them I had poured hours into almost finishing. almost

Don't forget those ones that were lost to data corruption, and a memory card dieing.

Oh, and for some reason or another, I used to chew on wires, throw expensive controllers without a care, and yell at games when angry until 5 or so years ago. Although I did break that Microsoft mic in half because I chucked it at the floor. Of course, it was asking for it. Cheap pieces of hardware...

Oh, and getting gameover before the end of the second act of Emerald hill zone somehow... Oh, and I kept ramming into the simple one shot enemies in Silpheed when I hooked up the Genesis... Got to stage 8, but still... so annoying when you never did it before.

Oh,
    a bee
    a bee

The lowest point in your gaming career. WFmvl

Rep0

Post by a bee October 14th 2009, 2:52 pm

Not having a career out of gaming is the lowest point of my gaming career.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed October 14th 2009, 3:36 pm

When I started Sonic Nextgen and saw a trail of rings. I thought I didn't need to get the Light Speed Shoes because I thought Sonic already had those. So I spindashed into the water and died before even getting to an Action Stage.

I was very disappointed in myself <_<
    Mobius 1
    Mobius 1

The lowest point in your gaming career. Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Mobius 1 October 14th 2009, 4:04 pm

when I found out that you can still be hit through walls on Call of duty WaW or when I acidentaly hit myself and teammates with a grenade launcher online...
    Independence76

The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 October 14th 2009, 8:55 pm

2 occurrences of loosing memory.

1. Accidentally deleted the SSX Tricky file once. Had to do everything over again, but a very fun game.

2. Turned off my Wii when NFS: U options were saving. I didn't think it'd do anything to the memory, considering it was just options. Sadly, I went back to the game the next day, and there was no data. I also had just beat the impossible race I could never beat after years of trying(108/115). That really pissed me off.

As for simple gaming, a few weeks ago, I was playing Battlefield 1943, and I was in a tank. I accidentally reversed onto some rocky cliffs, which were impossible to maneuver on. At the same time, there were 3 people from the enemy team right by my tank, and I couldn't move. I realized that if I jumped out, I'd be shot immediately. Then, as I tried to escape, like evil little trolls, people put C4 on my tank, threw grenades inside, and then it all blew up. Worst and most pitiful death I have ever had.

Last edited by Independence76 on October 15th 2009, 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    sykog
    sykog

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog October 14th 2009, 10:56 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:When my SA2B file was erased. Both times.
    I accidentally deleted my Sonic Chronicles files... 3 times. : ):
    Erazor
    Erazor

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. White10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 15th 2009, 9:44 pm

It hasn't happened yet, but the lowest point will probably be the day I refer to it as a "career".
    sykog
    sykog

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog October 15th 2009, 9:56 pm

Erazor wrote:It hasn't happened yet, but the lowest point will probably be the day I refer to it as a "career".
    Very true. : ):
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. White10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz October 15th 2009, 11:58 pm

Losing to spammers in fighting games.
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

The lowest point in your gaming career. 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames October 18th 2009, 1:16 pm

When I just finished getting MewTwo in melee after months and months of playing. I walk into the room less than half an hour later (I'm not even joking, I went to get something to eat) and my 4 year old brother at the time somehow made it through the settings in the game and DELETED the file. I was like, 9 at the time, and yes, I cried.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog October 18th 2009, 3:23 pm

Hidethegames wrote:When I just finished getting MewTwo in melee after months and months of playing. I walk into the room less than half an hour later (I'm not even joking, I went to get something to eat) and my 4 year old brother at the time somehow made it through the settings in the game and DELETED the file. I was like, 9 at the time, and yes, I cried.
    That's funny. My little brother actually unlocked a character for me.
    Army
    Army

The lowest point in your gaming career. Blackr10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalw11The lowest point in your gaming career. Medalg10The lowest point in your gaming career. Zigzag10The lowest point in your gaming career. Medal13The lowest point in your gaming career. Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army October 19th 2009, 11:35 pm

Erazor wrote:It hasn't happened yet, but the lowest point will probably be the day I refer to it as a "career".
    True I don't consider it a career either, although it sounded better then "worst point in your time of gaming"?
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool October 20th 2009, 8:36 am

True.
    I just lost a race in Need for speed Prostreet by driving straight into a wall at over 200 miles an hour and totaling my car. I Was over a lap ahead of everyone else too.
    SporkedGamer
    SporkedGamer

The lowest point in your gaming career. WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by SporkedGamer October 20th 2009, 11:27 pm

I remember playing SA2:B in my daycare back in elementary school, and I was almost done but I failed at Cannon's Core a couple of times. I went on a few days later, and my file was gone DX Probably because I made the game popular around there...

I was playing a race in GTA IV, single player, and I was about to win the Airport run. I had one last turn left and I was first, but I got confused and I didn't know which way to turn so I paused the race and looked at the map. Instead of turning left, I turned right at the corner, but I realized that the last checkpoint was behind me so I lost. Epic fail.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content