The ancient lands.

3 posters

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games

Zez
    Zez

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games VOZLn

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Blackr101UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Medalw111UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Zigzag101UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Empty 1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games

Post by Zez December 15th 2009, 5:41 pm

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3177237

Mr. Jemery Parish, executive editor of 1UP.com, did an article about similarites of video game music with songs from musical bands/artists, and in the same article on page 3 demonstrates some musical similarities of Sonic music with popular music.

The most surprising one of all to me, at least, is the near-stark similarity between Sonic CD Japan's "Little Planet" and State's "Pacific 707". Now THAT blew my mind.

Now this stuff probably wouldn't surprise a lot of people, but I thought I'd just share something interesting here. This is the kind of stuff that somewhat inspires me to mash up music from games with popular music.

Discuss.
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Empty Re: 1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games

Post by fantanoice December 19th 2009, 5:34 am

Found this out looooooooong ago.

An Australian radio show, hosted by 'Hamish and Andy' (Aussies will know who they are), were talking about how they thought Ricki-Lee Coulter (Idol contestant from a few years back) had ripped off the tune for her single, 'Love Is All Around'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QoPmrOVMX4

They ended up finding 3 other songs that have the exact same tune, including that Sonic song, that Janet Jackson song and the Fullhouse theme. They then did a medley of them and they all sounded exactly alike.

It was hilarious. xD

Last edited by fantanoice on January 5th 2011, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jmh
    Jmh

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Imagee10

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Medalw111UP points out music similarities from Sonic games White101UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games Empty Re: 1UP points out music similarities from Sonic games

Post by Jmh December 20th 2009, 11:07 am

Interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content