The ancient lands.

2 posters

Ian Flynn reveals secrets

Poll

Plans

[ 1 ]
    Ian Flynn reveals secrets Bar_le11100%Ian Flynn reveals secrets Bar_ri11 [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Ian Flynn reveals secrets Bar_le110%Ian Flynn reveals secrets Bar_ri11 [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Ian Flynn reveals secrets VOZLn

Ian Flynn reveals secrets Medalw11Ian Flynn reveals secrets Medalg10Ian Flynn reveals secrets Zigzag10Ian Flynn reveals secrets Medal13

Rep2

Ian Flynn reveals secrets Empty Ian Flynn reveals secrets

Post by Gamma The Great December 15th 2009, 11:10 pm

Iron Dominion to end current Epic Drama era. Ian Flynn was allowed to reveal plans for the comics. The ideas included are a possible Tails arc for Sonic Universe, the return of Silver and Big as guest characters in the main comic, and the return of an old Freedom Fighter group. But Flynn notes that when Iron Dominion concludes, so will multi-issue arcs, for a long time:

Ian Flynn wrote: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
    - the “Iron Dominion Saga” will be ending in 2010 with a cross-over in Sonic Universe.

- it will also mark the end of the “epic dramas” for a while. We just had “Enerjak: Reborn,” “A Bold, New Moebius” and now “Iron Dominion.” It’s time for us to do some smaller stories.

- I had so much fun bringing back the Downunda Freedom Fighters in “Echoes of the Past” that I decided to bring back another old FF group. And then another. And then another!

- I also figured it was about time to bring back an old major villain. Only fair, right?

- While we’re bringing back folks, we’ll be seeing some SegaSonic guest stars return to the book – Silver and Big!

- And a final note: it’s about time Bunnie had some solid backstory, don’t you think?

SONIC UNIVERSE
    - three arcs for the year, just like this one.

- “Journey to the East” will be part of the finale to “Iron Dominion.” It will NOT be required reading for the arc. You can enjoy it on its own, and you can enjoy STH by itself. Together, though, you’ll get the fullest story.

- It’s about time we spent some time with a good ol’ Tails, don’cha think? Let him do something cool. A “Tails Adventure,” if you will.

- There are characters and subplots we’re introducing this year / very beginning of 2010 that will come to fruition in the next end-of-year Knuckles arc. See? I’m planning way in advance.

As Flynn plans for next year and beyond, we’re curious how you would rate the Sonic comics in their current state. Good? Bad? What do you think?
    HolyNightmare
    HolyNightmare

Ian Flynn reveals secrets WFmvl

Rep0

Ian Flynn reveals secrets Empty Re: Ian Flynn reveals secrets

Post by HolyNightmare December 16th 2009, 3:17 am

It's decent but I like where this is going, I'm happy Ian finally decided to do something with Tails cause he hasn't had much action lately. It's mostly about Knuckles at the moment, not that I don't like Knuckles but I don't like the setting of his stories and he seem to be shoved into more stories than Sonic himself o_0.
    I also hope they focus a bit on Shadow, like he needs a huge story arc and in the present(Not the future crap)