The ancient lands.

5 posters

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails VOZLn

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalw11In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalg10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Zigzag10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medal13

Rep2

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Empty In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails

Post by Gamma The Great December 20th 2009, 3:06 pm

Has the Sonic/Sega-themed title lost its way? Trying to not forget NiGHTS? Maybe someone should remind the world not to forget Tails, either.

To make way for the Rare duo prominence on the box art, a Sonic character had to make way, and that was Tails and his tornado. Banjo and Kazooie replace him on the art branded “Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo Kazooie.”

With Sonic getting so much prominence in the marquee title, and with murmurs about other console specific DLC on the rise, it has a few fans wondering if a purpose of this racing game–in that it’s meant to showcase Sega franchise characters, just as its predecessor Sega Superstars Tennis did–has been lost.

“The message this box art is giving out tells me SEGA can’t even stand on their own two legs with their own IPs now,” wrote Sonic Retro forumer OSM when the news broke. “They couldn’t have just stuck Banjo on the back of the box like Brawl did with Sonic and Snake?”

Some feel, regardless of the cost of Tails, Banjo and Kazooie’s inclusion just seems a little too prominent.

“It’s cool and all how B&K are on the cover of the 360 box, but they didn’t have to make them so…invasive,” wrote PY687 on the Sega forums. “They don’t fit in well–the duo should have been somewhere in the background instead.”

To be fair, the Sonic universe remains a huge chunk of the current ASR character roster. And we should again note that Tails remains on other console covers. That, however, assumes console exclusive characters won’t show up on other consoles.

But is it really Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing if non-Sega characters start taking prominence over others? Tails, after all, was Sonic’s first sidekick, a relationship going back 17 years.

“It just makes the game SEEM like a complete cash in,” wrote Ryan on the Sega Nerds forums.

We want to know what you think. Are you upset that Tails got pushed over for Banjo-Kazooie on the XBOX360 cover? Do you think their presence, on the cover or even in the game, dilutes the value of ASR as a Sega racing title?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Imagee10

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Blackr10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalw11In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Zigzag10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails White10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medal13In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Empty Re: In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 20th 2009, 3:06 pm

Just shaw this in SoA
    Miles24
    Miles24

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Blackr10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalw11In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails White10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medal13In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails 2nio02t

Rep2

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Empty Re: In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails

Post by Miles24 December 20th 2009, 4:38 pm

Although it does bother me slightly, seeing that I will not be buying the XBox 360 version of the game, it somewhat neutralizes my slight annoyance. More or less, he will most likely appear on the Wii or PlayStation 3 version's cover.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails VOZLn

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalw11In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Zigzag10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails White10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern December 20th 2009, 4:43 pm

Miles24 wrote:Although it does bother me slightly, seeing that I will not be buying the XBox 360 version of the game, it somewhat neutralizes my slight annoyance. More or less, he will most likely appear on the Wii or PlayStation 3 version's cover.

why if B&K is an Xbox exclusive?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Blackr10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalw11In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Zigzag10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails White10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medal13In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 20th 2009, 4:44 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:
    Miles24 wrote:Although it does bother me slightly, seeing that I will not be buying the XBox 360 version of the game, it somewhat neutralizes my slight annoyance. More or less, he will most likely appear on the Wii or PlayStation 3 version's cover.

why if B&K is an Xbox exclusive?
    He is own by Mircosoft
    Erazor
    Erazor

In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Blackr10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalw11In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medalg10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails White10In Revealing Banjo-Kazooie, ASR Box Art Shuns Tails Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 20th 2009, 8:21 pm

I guess the game is ruined then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content