DJ Hero!

FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

DJ Hero! Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep0

DJ Hero! Empty DJ Hero!

Post by FelixMargarita December 21st 2009, 6:00 pm

I had a shot to play this the other night with some friends and I have to say, this game is utterly amazing. The beats and songs are infectiously catchy and incredibly dance able. You'll be bobbin' your head while you play. It's got some incredible mash-ups and mixes with DJ's from Daft Punk to DJ Shadow. I'd almost say it's better than Guitar Hero! You can even hook up a guitar and play along on certain songs!

FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

DJ Hero! Kz2PK

Rep0

DJ Hero! Empty Re: DJ Hero!

Post by FelixMargarita December 27th 2009, 3:08 am

Independence76 wrote:
    FelixMargarita wrote:
    Independence76 wrote:A complete joke to all true DJ's alike.

If that were the case, then why would DJ Shadow, Grandmaster Flash, DJ Z-Trip, Daft Punk, Scratch Perverts, and many others lend their names, their likeness, and their own skills in making this game? Those names I listed have been in the wax game for more than 25 years. This game isn't a joke - it's a game. It has some pretty good mash-ups and has had a lot of very hard work put into it by very good and very accomplished DJ's. I think it at least deserves some respect for the talent behind the making of this game.

No, that's the pop culture view on DJing.

It follows no real underground talent that has put other into flights of fantasy. Such as Armin van Buuren, Chicane, Above & Beyond, Andy Hunter, Transa, Gouryella, Hybrid, and Dash Berlin. DJ Hero has none of that. Only some artists that would be considered as "electronic artists" by society.

It's a game. It's not meant to appeal to the indie back pack hip hop scene or trance or any other sort of niche genre. It's a game with pop music meant to appeal to have mass appeal. This game is, at its base level, a party game. Parties typically have popular music such as... The music included in this game. And don't try to say that any of the DJ's that worked on this game are any worse simply because they collaborated on this game. Those DJ's are the best in the vinyl business and there's a reason why they were asked to work on this game.

And your issue with Euphoria is silly. If you're taking an issue with this game over the context of a word then that's ridiculous.
    Independence76

DJ Hero! GOMM8

DJ Hero! Medalg10DJ Hero! Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 December 27th 2009, 8:38 pm

FelixMargarita wrote:
    It's a game. It's not meant to appeal to the indie back pack hip hop scene or trance or any other sort of niche genre. It's a game with pop music meant to appeal to have mass appeal. This game is, at its base level, a party game. Parties typically have popular music such as... The music included in this game. And don't try to say that any of the DJ's that worked on this game are any worse simply because they collaborated on this game. Those DJ's are the best in the vinyl business and there's a reason why they were asked to work on this game.

And your issue with Euphoria is silly. If you're taking an issue with this game over the context of a word then that's ridiculous.

Pop music? I wouldn't call Jay-Z pop music, or even "music" for that matter.

I never said the word was judging my opinion of the game. I just found the "Euphoria" thing just embarrassing.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

DJ Hero! ZtZYh

DJ Hero! Blackr10DJ Hero! Medalw11DJ Hero! Zigzag10DJ Hero! White10DJ Hero! Medal13DJ Hero! 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter December 28th 2009, 12:35 am

It has Queen, so that gives it a plus.
    geardawg
    geardawg

DJ Hero! WFmvl

Rep0

Post by geardawg December 29th 2009, 12:12 am

Great game, just let me know when it's for PC so I can make custom tracks.
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

DJ Hero! WFmvl

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 2nd 2010, 7:25 pm

I have the game and own almost every Guitar Hero/Rockband game released and have a giant collection of plastic instruments, and to be honest, I can't really get into it, I play it every now and then, the only Remix's I seem to like in it are the ones that include guitar, but the game itself is pretty boring, I can play guitar hero for roughly 30 mins to an hour, I can play rockband (especially lego rockband :P) from an hour to 3 hours but this, I can only play this for minutes D: .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content