The ancient lands.

3 posters

Video Game Music

Army
    Army

Video Game Music VOZLn

Video Game Music Blackr10Video Game Music Medalw11Video Game Music Medalg10Video Game Music Zigzag10Video Game Music Medal13Video Game Music Rainbo10

: Male
     Rep2

Video Game Music Empty Video Game Music

Post by Army January 3rd 2010, 1:53 am

I've been thinking about this lately, and I must say it really bothers me how little attention video game music gets.

Most people think that games are "just for kids" and they don't realize how beautiflly artistic games can be. It's not just the realism in the graphics or the enticing gameplay, but the emotional music as well that makes a game.

I think Final Fantasy is the pinnacle of all video game music. Nobuo Uematsu is one of my favorite composers of all time. His music is simply gorgeous and he's such a prolific artist.

I think one of the reasons his music can be so captivating to me is because you hear it as you progress through the story and interact with the characters and plot. You're not just listening to some tune, you're saving the world from certain destruction or rescuing a mysterious sorcerer girl. As you begin to understand the characters, their themes seems to fit so perfectly with their personalities. Then every time I hear it I think of that character, and their role in the game or the things they said. It's like speaking without words.

Uematsu's work spans so many genres: some of his work is bright and inspiring, like Locke's Theme, while others show uncertainty and despair, like Terra's. Some is just plain catchy, like Gogo or "Spinach Rag". Aerith's theme almost brings me to tears, and the Black Mages' rendition of Zeromus is just plain kick
    -ass.

I think it's a shame that all of this great music is ignored, especially by the older generation. I understand how for example my parents might feel about video games, because they've never played them. It's just a shame that I actually feel embarassed about having this kind of stuff on my Zune.

What are your thoughts on this? Also, are there any pieces in particular that you'd recommend to me?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Video Game Music VOZLn

Video Game Music Medalw11Video Game Music Zigzag10Video Game Music White10Video Game Music Medal13

Rep26

Video Game Music Empty Re: Video Game Music

Post by Auflodern January 3rd 2010, 9:42 am

Pinacle of video game music?

These are my two choices for THAT title:
    Half Life 2

Ace combat series
    Jmh
    Jmh

Video Game Music Imagee10

Video Game Music Medalw11Video Game Music White10Video Game Music Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 3rd 2010, 11:36 am

Modern Warfare 2 has awesome music.

As does Sonic.
    Army
    Army

Video Game Music VOZLn

Video Game Music Blackr10Video Game Music Medalw11Video Game Music Medalg10Video Game Music Zigzag10Video Game Music Medal13Video Game Music Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army January 3rd 2010, 3:58 pm

Jmh wrote:Modern Warfare 2 has awesome music.

As does Sonic.
    Really, I never hear the music in CoD MW2, I mostly hear gun shots, Today I'll be sure to stay in one quite spot in all the levels and listen to the music.
    Also out of curiosity what gun do you use most of MW2?
    I used to use the Famas and M16, but I started using the Scar-H and ACR now. FAMAS and M16 don't go PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content