The ancient lands.

5 posters

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed VOZLn

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medalw11Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medalg10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Zigzag10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medal13

Rep2

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Empty Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed

Post by Gamma The Great January 25th 2010, 5:53 pm

It's not good news; while hopes remain high if not slim, it appears a major snag has been hit in the effort to bring some of Crush 40's songs to the Rock Band Network. There are now serious doubts as to whether it will ever come to fruition. Four songs from the Crush 40 catalog were planned. Shortly, four became three, and may have become none.

It’s even puzzled the label set to release the tunes for Rock Band. That’s Philadelphia based Ozone Records, run by Owen Douglass. According to a later account, he’s been completely left out of the loop, with the last word he received claiming it can’t happen right now:

Owen Douglass wrote:Well, I have absolutely no clue what’s going on right now. Is Jun talking with SEGA right now to allow my company to work in collaboration with the US label that has SEGA’s music distribution rights? Did they just say forget it and drop the whole thing?

I have yet to hear anything from Jun or anyone at SEGA yet regarding this. In my last email, the key words are “can’t move forward with this kind of thing at this moment” and “I will keep you posted”.

It appears that intervention was required by SEGA to get the project back on track, and an update would be provided once given. That was in December. There hasn't been anything since.

If it holds, it shuts out a big opportunity for Crush 40 to be exposed to a completely new audience. It's also a big letdown for Sonic fans who were excited to see one of SEGA's star musicians break out beyond the blue hedgehog.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed VOZLn

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medalw11Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Zigzag10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed White10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Empty Re: Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed

Post by Auflodern January 25th 2010, 6:03 pm

knew it

Sonic is not going to rockband and I could care less
    sykog
    sykog

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Imagee10

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Blackr10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medalw11Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medalg10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Zigzag10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medal13

Rep29

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Empty Re: Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed

Post by sykog January 25th 2010, 8:21 pm

Too bad.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed ZtZYh

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Blackr10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medalw11Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Zigzag10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed White10Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed Medal13Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 25th 2010, 8:37 pm

Didn't know about this, but I didn't know Sega was needed, at least for the non-Sonic songs.
    Sketch Style
    Sketch Style

Crush 40 to appear on Rock Band failed GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Sketch Style January 25th 2010, 8:55 pm

I wish they would do the same to Guitsr Hero. But this is too bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content