Erazor
Miles24
Nuva
14 posters

Which Smash Bros. game is the best?

Poll

Which smash bros game is better?

[ 0 ]
    Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Bar_le110%Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Bar_le1119%Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Bar_ri11 [19%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Bar_le1181%Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Bar_ri11 [81%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Nuva
    Nuva

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Imagee10

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

: Male
     Rep20

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Empty Which Smash Bros. game is the best?

Post by Nuva March 19th 2010, 7:23 am

Explain Why if you can.
    I choose Brawl because theres just so much better stuff in it that it makes the other games unbearable to play afterwards. There's the grab-items-while-moving, more characters, better air-dodge system, and so on. I believe I can make a fair judgment on this because I have all three games. But hey, that's just my opinion. I wanna hear yours. laugh
    Miles24
    Miles24

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Blackr10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? White10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13Which Smash Bros. game is the best? 2nio02t

Rep2

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Empty Re: Which Smash Bros. game is the best?

Post by Miles24 March 19th 2010, 1:13 pm

Seeing that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a series containing mostly Nintendo characters, this will be moved to the Nintendo section.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Blackr10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalg10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? White10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep22

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Empty Re: Which Smash Bros. game is the best?

Post by Erazor March 19th 2010, 1:47 pm

When it comes to the Smash games, it's all about quantity. Brawl.
    Pianta
    Pianta

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalg10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? White10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

: Female
     Rep21

Post by Pianta March 19th 2010, 1:53 pm

I enjoyed Melee, but Brawl is definitely better.
    Shade
    Shade

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? VOZLn

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Zigzag10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade March 19th 2010, 2:12 pm

I chose Brawl, due to the fact that the attention to detail is a little better, and there are more characters in Brawl.
    Superdoodleman

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? GOMM8

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 19th 2010, 2:38 pm

What's the point of making this topic. Everyones just gonna choose Brawl. You can't compare a game on the 64 to a game on the wii.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva March 19th 2010, 4:35 pm

wrote:What's the point of making this topic. Everyones just gonna choose Brawl. You can't compare a game on the 64 to a game on the wii.
    I beg to differ. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in just about every single ranking list, is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time considered the top, proving better then even the new Twilight Princess? And I can guarantee that many people would vote that the original Paper Mario for the sixty-four is better then the Wii version. Don't assume that a pre-dated console is all that bad.
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 19th 2010, 4:41 pm

nuva500 wrote:
    wrote:What's the point of making this topic. Everyones just gonna choose Brawl. You can't compare a game on the 64 to a game on the wii.
    I beg to differ. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in just about every single ranking list, is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time considered the top, proving better then even the new Twilight Princess? And I can guarantee that many people would vote that the original Paper Mario for the sixty-four is better then the Wii version. Don't assume that a pre-dated console is all that bad.
    I'm not. And this isn't Zelda, It's Smash Brothers.
    sykog
    sykog

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Blackr10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalg10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Zigzag10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 19th 2010, 6:06 pm

Melee and Brawl are my favorite games. Melee has a better air dodge than Brawl, and is faster paced, but Brawl has so much extra stuff it's insane, so I'm going Brawl.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Blackr10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalg10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? White10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 19th 2010, 10:25 pm

I greatly prefer Melee, the physics, the combos, and the overall combat system were vastly superior to Brawl. The newer version may be prettier or have more content, but especially in fighting games, they're not always improvements in gameplay.
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 20th 2010, 7:19 am

Roterblitz wrote:I greatly prefer Melee, the physics, the combos, and the overall combat system were vastly superior to Brawl. The newer version may be prettier or have more content, but especially in fighting games, they're not always improvements in gameplay.
    the only real difference was hitstun was reduced and you couldn't wavedash because Air dodging was more refined.
    Shade
    Shade

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Zigzag10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade March 20th 2010, 8:17 am

nuva500 wrote:

You are right that sometimes the previous versions of games can be better (As you said, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is really good, and better than the new Twilight Princess). However (for example, in this case), sometimes, the game that succeeds another game can be better, due to general improvements in gameplay, character choice, and many other factors.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva March 20th 2010, 6:23 pm

Aediliel Mithraisyr wrote:
    nuva500 wrote:

You are right that sometimes the previous versions of games can be better (As you said, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is really good, and better than the new Twilight Princess). However (for example, in this case), sometimes, the game that succeeds another game can be better, due to general improvements in gameplay, character choice, and many other factors.
    I wasn't trying to say older games are always better, merely trying to prove that they Could be better. But otherwise I agree coolguy
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 21st 2010, 1:41 pm

wrote:the only real difference was hitstun was reduced and you couldn't wavedash because Air dodging was more refined.
    The hitstun was reduced so much that for most characters, when combined with the new air dodging system, made nearly any kind of follow-up attack completely futile for anyone with reflexes faster than a training dummy; thus defeating the very concept of combos and simplifying combat to the level of rock-em sock-em robots.

Of course, some characters' follow-up attacks did work... even when they shouldn't, leading to infinite and near infinite combos that are basically a free kill once you land the first hit. Not to mention the ridiculously misaligned hitboxes that put Snake alone in a tier above the entire roster, and Meta Knight alone in a tier above him.
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 21st 2010, 3:47 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    wrote:the only real difference was hitstun was reduced and you couldn't wavedash because Air dodging was more refined.
    The hitstun was reduced so much that for most characters, when combined with the new air dodging system, made nearly any kind of follow-up attack completely futile for anyone with reflexes faster than a training dummy; thus defeating the very concept of combos and simplifying combat to the level of rock-em sock-em robots.

Of course, some characters' follow-up attacks did work... even when they shouldn't, leading to infinite and near infinite combos that are basically a free kill once you land the first hit. Not to mention the ridiculously misaligned hitboxes that put Snake alone in a tier above the entire roster, and Meta Knight alone in a tier above him.
    Dude, you've got the wrong Tier list. It got updated last February. Shall I enlighten you?
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 21st 2010, 3:54 pm

While Melee was fantastic, Brawl was just so more advanced than both the original and Melee.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 21st 2010, 4:28 pm

wrote:Dude, you've got the wrong Tier list. It got updated last February. Shall I enlighten you?
    That's besides my point (I'll get to that in a sec), regardless of their current opinion; legitimate combos are all but nonexistent, infinite combos exist, and Snake's hitboxes are horribly misaligned. Unless this new tier list changed any of that, my point still stands.

Besides, there is no "official" tier list, nor should the one from a forum that you are referring to hold any more credibility than one I make myself. Seriously, Olimar>Game&Watch, Bowser>Lucas, C. Falcon>Zelda, DK>Sheik, what were they thinking?

That said, I don't dislike Brawl, it's just unfit for competitive play. In fact, I usually have the most fun playing Free For All with 4 Players, Items, and Stages other than Final Destination, which is really what the game was intended for. I just can't take it seriously when we start caring about winning.

Last edited by Roterblitz on March 21st 2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 21st 2010, 4:30 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    wrote:Dude, you've got the wrong Tier list. It got updated last February. Shall I enlighten you?
    That's besides my point (I'll get to that in a sec), regardless of their current opinion; legitimate combos are all but nonexistent, infinite combos exist, and Snake's hitboxes are horribly misaligned. Unless this new tier list changed any of that, my point still stands.

Besides, there is no "official" tier list, nor should the one from a Wikia that you're probably referring to hold any more credibility than one I make myself. Seriously, Olimar>Game&Watch, Bowser>Lucas, C. Falcon>Zelda, DK>Sheik, what were they thinking?

That said, I don't dislike Brawl, it's just unfit for competitive play. In fact, I usually have the most fun playing Free For All with 4 Players, Items, and Stages other than Final Destination, which is really what the game was intended for. I just can't take it seriously when we start caring about winning.
    http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266820
    Not a wikia
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 21st 2010, 4:43 pm

Oh, it was a forum, that changes everything...

But seriously, I made some rather detailed posts, is that really the only part you're going to respond to?
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 21st 2010, 5:11 pm

Roterblitz wrote:Oh, it was a forum, that changes everything...

But seriously, I made some rather detailed posts, is that really the only part you're going to respond to?
    It was Smashboards. They're the official unofficial smash site.

And pretty much.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? White10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 6th 2010, 3:32 pm

Brawl has more characters.
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 6th 2010, 3:34 pm

Jmh wrote:Brawl has more characters.
    Your point being..?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medalw11Which Smash Bros. game is the best? White10Which Smash Bros. game is the best? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 6th 2010, 3:38 pm

Superdoodleman wrote:
    Your point being..?
    It's better.
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 6th 2010, 5:34 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Superdoodleman wrote:
    Your point being..?
    It's better.
    More characters doesn't equal better, necessarily.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 7th 2010, 7:09 am

But it does help. Then again, I consider the first to be better then the second, which has a significant dose of more characters then the first, so meh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content