+2
Army
Jmh
6 posters

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke

Jmh
    Jmh

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Imagee10

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke White10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Empty Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke

Post by Jmh April 1st 2010, 5:33 pm

Heh, this is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4XFBLPVHDo
    Army
    Army

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke VOZLn

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Blackr10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalg10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Zigzag10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Rainbo10

Rep2

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Empty Re: Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke

Post by Army April 1st 2010, 5:43 pm

... that would actually be a very fun game type...
    Jmh
    Jmh

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke White10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 1st 2010, 5:46 pm

Pinata wrote:... that would actually be a very fun game type...
    .... In Halo?
    Shade
    Shade

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Zigzag10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 2nd 2010, 10:01 am

I don't really understand the point of this video. Are they going to make the game (and the "Fools 2010" was a marketing gimmick), or was it just an April Fools joke?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 2nd 2010, 3:56 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:I don't really understand the point of this video. Are they going to make the game (and the "Fools 2010" was a marketing gimmick), or was it just an April Fools joke?
    TBH, I can't really tell either. But I think it was just an April Fools.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalg10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 2nd 2010, 5:46 pm

Chess.
    Really?
    If Fools Joke - Nice build-up! It took you about half of the video to build up humor!
    If Real - Well, now the geeks can play Halo!
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 2nd 2010, 6:47 pm

TheShadowWalker wrote:If Real - Well, now the geeks can play Halo!
    They already do.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalg10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 2nd 2010, 6:52 pm

Jmh wrote:
    They already do.
    And not get completely pwned?
    Shade
    Shade

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Zigzag10Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 3rd 2010, 6:05 pm

TBH, I can't really tell either. But I think it was just an April Fools.

If it was an April Fools joke, why would they waste a lot of finance developing the game? It seems very drastic for a mere April Fools joke.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 5th 2010, 1:50 pm

TheShadowWalker wrote:
    Jmh wrote:
    They already do.
    And not get completely pwned?
    The geeks are the best ones.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 5th 2010, 2:35 pm

The geeks are the best ones.

I agree with you there, Jmh, as I myself am a geek.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke 56qtD

Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medalw11Bungie's Awesome April Fools Joke Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z April 6th 2010, 9:25 am

Of course it's an April fools joke. They did something like this last year. Anyone remember B.U.N.G.L.E?

04.02.10 Bungie Podcast wrote:If you missed our April Fools’ offering, don’t worry. We’re not going to take it down this year. It was a bit, you know, obvious. We’ll inline it in case you weren’t in on the joke.

*video here*

Also, @TSW that was the point. They were actually treating it as if it was a real video diary/announcement. Although that last comment was pretty obvious.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 7th 2010, 5:55 pm

Well you never know.

Bungie can come up with some weird stuff.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 8th 2010, 7:34 am

Jmh wrote:Well you never know.

They always come up with lots of weird stuff.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 10th 2010, 4:08 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:

Like Halo 3: ODST.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 11th 2010, 3:10 am

Jmh wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

How was Halo 3 weird?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 11th 2010, 10:48 am

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Jmh wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

How was Halo 3 weird?
    The main characters were weird.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 11th 2010, 2:51 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Jmh wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

How was Halo 3 weird?
    The main characters were weird.

You mean Master Chief and Arbiter? They looked a little like robots to me, I admit, but I just assumed that was the height of fashion (as Shooting Games go)
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 11th 2010, 6:46 pm

No, I mean the main characters of ODST were weird.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 11th 2010, 8:12 pm

The whole storyline was weird, but it was nice how they put it in the Halo 2 story.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 12th 2010, 1:39 am

Ŧĥĕ Şħăđőŵ Ψąĺķėř wrote:The whole storyline was weird, but it was nice how they put it in the Halo 2 story.

Yeah. When you come down to it, Halo 2 is a great game.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 14th 2010, 3:31 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Ŧĥĕ Şħăđőŵ Ψąĺķėř wrote:The whole storyline was weird, but it was nice how they put it in the Halo 2 story.

I love Halo 2.

Also, I like the addition of the Arbiter as well, I don't know why people complained about him. I thought it was a nice way to see the covenant side of things.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 14th 2010, 5:07 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

I love Halo 2.

Also, I like the addition of the Arbiter as well, I don't know why people complained about him. I thought it was a nice way to see the covenant side of things.

Arbiter was a great character. He was quite a good addition to Master Chief's repetoire.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 14th 2010, 6:31 pm

"I am... the Arbiter!"
    "OK, good job, Arbiter! You can take your break now."
    "Finally..."
    *Arbiter starts LOLing and flying randomly in mid-air*
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 15th 2010, 7:23 am

Ŧĥĕ Şħăđőŵ Ψąĺķėř wrote:"I am... the Arbiter!"
    "OK, good job, Arbiter! You can take your break now."
    "Finally..."
    *Arbiter starts LOLing and flying randomly in mid-air*

Why would Arbiter start LOLing and flying randomly in mid-air?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content