Superdoodleman
Jmh
NeoMetalSonic
codeorange
15 posters

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB

codeorange

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB GOMM8

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalg10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Empty Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB

Post by codeorange April 10th 2010, 3:50 pm

There's still something about the rumors that floated around near the release of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood that strikes a chord with me. I mean, these rumors of Tails supposedly dying in this game started somehow, but I would like to know how did certain media and some parts of the fanbase actually get a hold of these rumors, which were proven to be absolutely false. If you played Sonic Chronicles, you'd know that Tails doesn't die in that storyline. With the info that I've gathered, Bioware hinted in some interview before the release that there would be something shocking happening in the game, so that could be where all the hoopla started.

Someone refresh my memory about this because it's gotten fuzzy on this issue.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Imagee10

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Blackr10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Zigzag10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalg10

Rep35

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Empty Re: Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB

Post by NeoMetalSonic April 10th 2010, 3:51 pm

The shocking part I believe is when Eggman conquered the world when they were gone
    Jmh
    Jmh

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep67

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Empty Re: Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB

Post by Jmh April 10th 2010, 4:01 pm

You know, it would be cool if Tails went through puberty finally...
    Superdoodleman

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 10th 2010, 5:12 pm

I played through the game, Tails doesn't die, sadly.
    Eggman conquers the world however.
    codeorange

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalg10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange April 11th 2010, 12:39 am

It's really odd how those Tails death rumors surfaced from just an interview with a Bioware official. He did say that something shocking would happen in Chronicles, but I personally didn't think for one minute it would involve a Sonic original dying. I don't know why people thought that. Eggman just took over the world and that was the shocking twist. Plus, it wouldn't make sense to do that to a Sonic original.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB VOZLn

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalg10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 11th 2010, 11:02 am

I have one flaw in this rumor:
    Why would they kill off a main character?
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy April 11th 2010, 6:04 pm

Well, one could theorise that he died at the end along with the other good guys given that there more than likely won't be a sequel so we're left with the cliffhanger endinf.

But I personally wouldn't do that.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Blackr10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 April 11th 2010, 7:37 pm

I recall there being an article mentioning that a character may die within the later sections of the series, (If the series does continue.) but they mentioned that it would not be any of the larger main characters. As for the shocking item within the game, it was most likely the appearance of Shade, or the cliffhanger ending.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 11th 2010, 7:40 pm

Tails should die, then come back as a cyborg ninja.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalg10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 11th 2010, 7:58 pm

No.
    He should make a cyborg self of him and Eggman steals it and conquers the world with it.
    codeorange

Rep6

Post by codeorange April 12th 2010, 10:53 pm

Miles24 wrote:I recall there being an article mentioning that a character may die within the later sections of the series, (If the series does continue.) but they mentioned that it would not be any of the larger main characters. As for the shocking item within the game, it was most likely the appearance of Shade, or the cliffhanger ending.

Bingo! Thank you, Miles! I knew some article started generating those Tails death rumors somehow. I appreciate that info.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalg10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz April 13th 2010, 1:03 am

Remember the junk about Holmes and Watson being gay in the newest Sherlock Holmes movie? same type of rumor started the same way.
    Shade
    Shade

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Zigzag10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 13th 2010, 1:45 am

Zezzima wrote:Remember the junk about Holmes and Watson being gay in the newest Sherlock Holmes movie? same type of rumor started the same way.

You mean that Tails didn't die?
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 16th 2010, 4:00 pm

Did you not play the game, either?
    Geez, Aed, you need to play more Sonic.
    Shade
    Shade

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Zigzag10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 16th 2010, 4:01 pm

Ŧĥĕ Şħăđőŵ Ψąĺķėř wrote:Did you not play the game, either?
    Geez, Aed, you need to play more Sonic.

I'll get right on it... when I finish my GCSE's.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 16th 2010, 6:30 pm

I beat the game. My favorite part is at the end when it says "This game will now restart in 20 seconds."
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 17th 2010, 6:40 am

nuva500 wrote:I beat the game. My favorite part is at the end when it says "This game will now restart in 20 seconds."

If you beat the game, why would you restart it?
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 17th 2010, 10:52 am

It restarts so you can do all things you didn't do before, like getting all the stuff you didn't collect before. I forget the name of them...
    Nuva
    Nuva

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 18th 2010, 11:04 am

You also keep all of your stats, so you pretty much one-shot everything until he final level.
    Miffleflurp
    Miffleflurp

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Miffleflurp June 15th 2010, 1:25 pm

He doesn't die, but I was hoping for a nice aftergame, but eggman had to conquer the world, didn't he!
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Zigzag10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern June 19th 2010, 7:48 am

I bet they kill off Sonic. THAT would be a real shocking ending
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB 56qtD

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 19th 2010, 12:52 pm

The Facist Fighter wrote:I bet they kill off Sonic. THAT would be a real shocking ending

Yes, as shocking as it was in Sonic 06. Annoyed

Or do you mean that he stays dead? Because that actually would be shocking.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medalw11Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Zigzag10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB White10Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern June 19th 2010, 2:11 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:
    The Facist Fighter wrote:I bet they kill off Sonic. THAT would be a real shocking ending

Yes he stays dead and the series then focuses on Tails as the main character
    211classclown
    211classclown

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB WFmvl

Rep0

Post by 211classclown June 19th 2010, 3:06 pm

The Facist Fighter wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:

Yes he stays dead and the series then focuses on Tails as the main character

Then what would the series be called? it couldnt be called sonic haha
    Xshadowclawx
    Xshadowclawx

Those Rumors of Tails Dying in SC:TDB Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Xshadowclawx June 19th 2010, 7:52 pm

What would the series be called? And I just don't like tails...... but unfortunately he doesn't die..... as we have said in this forum for like the 20th time!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content