Jmh
NeoMetalSonic
Tiger Woods
32 posters

Don't you think Sonic sucks now?

NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Imagee10

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Blackr10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 White10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't you think Sonic sucks now?

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 1st 2010, 12:19 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    ProTagOnist wrote:
    james82 wrote:will sonic 4 be like the first 3 or will it be like the new ones?
    Like the new ones

Except a little of a throwback to the classics.
    Just the bosses and levels and enemies but it plays completely different
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 VOZLn

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep12

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't you think Sonic sucks now?

Post by SonicFanPS2 May 1st 2010, 12:51 pm

ProTagOnist wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    ProTagOnist wrote:
    Like the new ones

Maybe that'll be a good thing.
    sykog
    sykog

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Blackr10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalg10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 1st 2010, 1:56 pm

ProTagOnist wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    ProTagOnist wrote:
    Like the new ones

I think the homing attack is the only think different.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Blackr10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 White10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 1st 2010, 3:14 pm

sykog wrote:
    ProTagOnist wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    ProTagOnist wrote:Like the new ones

I think the homing attack is the only think different.
    No it plays more like Sonic Rush than the classics
    Jackred
    Jackred

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Jackred May 21st 2010, 11:04 pm

I thought the games got bad with Sonic Heroes but Sega shouldn't never rushed Sonic 06 or it could've been better than it is today.

Sonic Unleashed for me takes forever to beat.
    Cero
    Cero

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Cero May 22nd 2010, 1:43 pm

Sonic doesn't suck you do
    Jackred
    Jackred

Rep0

Post by Jackred May 22nd 2010, 5:15 pm

Cero wrote:Sonic doesn't suck you do

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.
    Link451
    Link451

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 May 24th 2010, 7:03 pm

Sonic '06, Shadow, Rivals 2, Riders Zero Gravity and Black Knight definitely had their problems. I had some enjoyment here and there, but for the most part... bleh.

However, I liked Unleashed (360 version), Rush, Rush Adventure, Secret Rings, SA, SA2 and Riders 1.

Rivals 1, Chronicles and Unleashed (Wii) I'd put as sort of so-so.

So I'd say I'm about divided. I still love the franchise as a whole though.
    Jackred
    Jackred

Rep0

Post by Jackred May 24th 2010, 8:17 pm

Link451 wrote:Sonic '06, Shadow, Rivals 2, Riders Zero Gravity and Black Knight definitely had their problems. I had some enjoyment here and there, but for the most part... bleh.

However, I liked Unleashed (360 version), Rush, Rush Adventure, Secret Rings, SA, SA2 and Riders 1.

Rivals 1, Chronicles and Unleashed (Wii) I'd put as sort of so-so.

So I'd say I'm about divided. I still love the franchise as a whole though.

So do I because we all have someone we looked up to in games and mine was Sonic.
    xdarknessrocksxx

: Female
     Rep0

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Empty how sonic air flips

Post by xdarknessrocksxx May 25th 2010, 6:38 pm

i love sonic he looks so cool wen he flips in the air :wee: that so inhuman tho well hes not human but still how does he do that im so jealous
    xdarknessrocksxx

Rep0

Post by xdarknessrocksxx May 25th 2010, 6:40 pm

how do you get rings i want to know there r two things i need cleared how do you get rings and make an avatar if you know tell me
    arnold_the_bartender
    arnold_the_bartender

Rep0

Post by arnold_the_bartender May 26th 2010, 2:23 am

Sonic sucked since I can last remember. I grew up with the character and never payed attention to his 3D outings mainly because I didn't own the Saturn or Dreamcast when I was younger. This is why I relish on all pre-Sonic Adventure games. I mean, I hear that SA and SA2 were good games and I own both. I've given them both chances but none of them are as fun as the first 3 games. I can still play the first 3 over and over again but I can't be bothered to play SA or SA2. I have given the Saturn Sonic games a try though. Sonic R is quite fun. I'm hunting for a copy of that game for the Saturn (CIB mind you). I have it on Sonic Gems Collection but I'd want to own the original. Sonic 3D Blast is okay but you won't see me playing it for hours on end.

Case in point, just remember and celebrate Sonic for who he was. People, even former fans of Sonic continue to bash him and I've witness this myself on many occasions. Instead of moping around and saying "Oh, woe is me. Sonic is dead." and giving false hope towards the series, I'll keep enjoying the fun games that Sonic had to offer. That doesn't mean I'm not keeping an eye on Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It's intended to be a throwback to the original series and a direct sequel, so I'm more than willing to give it a go.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 27th 2010, 4:00 am

I agree with you. I think Sonic has been horrible ever since Sonic Heroes. Sonic Heroes and up have been nothing but an outrage to me. I wish they would just give up on the Sonic games or hand them over to someone who can do them right. Sonic Adventure 2 was the last good game in the series, and what did they have to do? Screw up the perfect ending.
    Doubled32
    Doubled32

Rep0

Post by Doubled32 May 27th 2010, 9:08 pm

Unlike some other people, I've liked most of the Sonic games (exceptions would be ShTH and Chronicles). I don't just cut down on a game because it has a few glitches or because it has a new character, I play it for the fun. I actually liked most of the newer games better than the old (sue me), and I think they should keep going with the series.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 White10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh May 28th 2010, 12:29 am

Doubled32 wrote:Unlike some other people, I've liked most of the Sonic games (exceptions would be ShTH and Chronicles). I don't just cut down on a game because it has a few glitches or because it has a new character, I play it for the fun. I actually liked most of the newer games better than the old (sue me), and I think they should keep going with the series.
    Yeah, the characters ruined it for me.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 28th 2010, 3:47 am

Doubled32 wrote:Unlike some other people, I've liked most of the Sonic games (exceptions would be ShTH and Chronicles). I don't just cut down on a game because it has a few glitches or because it has a new character, I play it for the fun. I actually liked most of the newer games better than the old (sue me), and I think they should keep going with the series.

I agree with you that Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Chronicles sucked. Honestly, I don't cut down on a game because of glitches or new characters, I actually almost never notice glitches (excluding the wall glitch when playing Rouge or Knuckles in Sonic '06) but when they totally screw up the storyline and make old characters act completely ridiculous, like they did with Shadow and Knuckles, it's really not fun anymore. I play for the seriousness, the actual storyline. I want a good storyline. I don't want something boring and stupid, or anything making fun of my favorite characters or ruining perfect endings. (Like Sonic Adventure 2.) I'm not really pleased with the way they are continuing the series because they totally steered off the Sonic Adventure road and went onto an even WORSE child-friendly street.
    Jaded Jirachi
    Jaded Jirachi

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 GOMM8

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep0

Post by Jaded Jirachi July 4th 2010, 8:18 pm

Sonic does kinda suck now but it didnt before
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz July 5th 2010, 2:39 am

Notice that there are always annoying topics about these? Like "get rid of sonic!!" but if they took him away, I bet that they would go "why the heck would they do that?!" Sonic fans are never happy. He doesn't suck.
    Jaded Jirachi
    Jaded Jirachi

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep0

Post by Jaded Jirachi July 5th 2010, 12:34 pm

Lol no he really doesn't
    Celestial Emerald
    Celestial Emerald

Rep0

Post by Celestial Emerald July 14th 2010, 7:17 am

While I don't like the newer games as much as I liked Sonic's 1-3&K (Except 3D Blast...), I still think they are all really good. The only one I won't buy is Sonic Unleashed. I'm just way too turned off by the Warehog levels. Other than those though, even that game was great. Sonic hasn't lost his edge, he just needs to sharpen it a little...

And he will in Sonic 4!!!! :-)
    Sonicandknuxx
    Sonicandknuxx

Rep0

Post by Sonicandknuxx July 14th 2010, 8:57 am

No. And if you think Sonic sucks then wait till you see the mystery sonic game. The game is gonna be announced for Sonic's 20th anniversary and i'm really excited!
    Shade
    Shade

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 9:26 am

I still think that the Sonic Franchise is a very good franchise. The newer games might not be as good as the old ones, but the new games are still very good games, and as good as, and, in some cases, better than Mario Games which compete with them.
    Bria
    Bria

Rep0

Post by Bria July 14th 2010, 10:10 am

I don't think Sonic sucks at all. I'm still enjoying some of the new games plenty (Not all of them though).
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Blackr10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 White10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 14th 2010, 11:16 am

Tiger Woods wrote:Don't you think Sonic sucks now?
    No.
    Tiger Woods wrote:I mean the games are not getting better in terms of the previous entries.
    Sure they are. SU is better than SNG, Rivals 2 is better than Rivals, M&SATWOG is better than M&SATOG, and S&TBK and SR:ZG are arguably better than S&TSR and Riders. SRA is the only one I've heard that's worse than the original, and people still seem to like it.
    Tiger Woods wrote:The only enjoyed one for the past few years and that is Sonic and the Secret Rings. Which is an enjoyable game? But nonetheless Sonic's games are not good now.
    Sure they are. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's bad. If someone doesn't like Star Wars, does it mean it's bad?
    Tiger Woods wrote:I think Sonic 4 might be good, if it is awesome I will buy it. If not then no more of these lies.
    You already sold them off and don't really trust them anyway, so I don't see what's the problem.
    Tiger Woods wrote:I say you guys outta play Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta, or something else from Sega that is better. I sold the majority of my Sonic games a couple days ago and bought Grand Theft Auto 4 for the Xbox 360. As I said the best decision I ever made in my life. What do you think?
    I think that's kind of random.
    Shade
    Shade

Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medalw11Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Don't you think Sonic sucks now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 12:37 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Tiger Woods wrote:Don't you think Sonic sucks now?
    No.
    Tiger Woods wrote:I mean the games are not getting better in terms of the previous entries.
    Sure they are. SU is better than SNG, Rivals 2 is better than Rivals, M&SATWOG is better than M&SATOG, and S&TBK and SR:ZG are arguably better than S&TSR and Riders. SRA is the only one I've heard that's worse than the original, and people still seem to like it.
    Tiger Woods wrote:The only enjoyed one for the past few years and that is Sonic and the Secret Rings. Which is an enjoyable game? But nonetheless Sonic's games are not good now.
    Sure they are. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's bad. If someone doesn't like Star Wars, does it mean it's bad?
    Tiger Woods wrote:I think Sonic 4 might be good, if it is awesome I will buy it. If not then no more of these lies.
    You already sold them off and don't really trust them anyway, so I don't see what's the problem.
    Tiger Woods wrote:I say you guys outta play Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta, or something else from Sega that is better. I sold the majority of my Sonic games a couple days ago and bought Grand Theft Auto 4 for the Xbox 360. As I said the best decision I ever made in my life. What do you think?
    I think that's kind of random.

I agree with TFF on this particular issue. I don't have that many sonic games on PC (the majority of my Sonic Games are on my Wii), but I think that the games now are quite good. Although Valkyria Chronicles and Grand Theft Auto 4 are also very good games, I think that, overall, Sonic 4 is slightly better (on the Wii).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content