Erazor
Zez
Shadow122
13 posters

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game

Shadow122
    Shadow122

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game VOZLn

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

: Male
     Rep1

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Empty SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game

Post by Shadow122 February 24th 2009, 11:37 pm

I mean really STHH was a epic fail and then they take away the good voice actors and make horrible new games. They tried to cover up with Sonic Unleashed, but that didn't even come out to what I expected. They need to bring back SA1-2 on the NG consoles.
    Zez
    Zez

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Zigzag10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep24

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Empty Re: SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game

Post by Zez February 24th 2009, 11:39 pm

They have amped it up.. The only worthwhile game ina longtime possibly: Unleashed. For day time stages anyhow.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 February 24th 2009, 11:41 pm

The Wii version of SU was horrible. XBOX360 was alot better thank the lord for HEDGHEOG ENGINE
    Zez
    Zez

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Zigzag10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 24th 2009, 11:43 pm

Shadow122 wrote:The Wii version of SU was horrible. XBOX360 was alot better thank the lord for HEDGHEOG ENGINE
    HE? (Hedgehog Engine) I'm unfamiliar with that term..
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 February 24th 2009, 11:45 pm

Its the new gaming engine Ubisoft produced specially for the 360 to make the Sonic look faster on the game. It actually brings back the speed of SA2
    Erazor
    Erazor

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Imagee10

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalg10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor February 24th 2009, 11:45 pm

Well I don't know about taking away the good voice actors, but the sudden switch was a surprise. Still, Shadow the Hedgehog had very refined gameplay even though it lacked graphics, story, and music on par with other games of the generation. But I'd be lying if I didn't agree that Sonic 2006 blew bloody chunks.

Unleashed was a genuinely good game. The gameplay was functional, the music was great and the level designs were perfect. To list all of the things they did right with Unleashed would take quite a while. Sega just made a few silly design choices that's all.
    codeorange

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game GOMM8

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalg10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange February 25th 2009, 8:20 pm

You can't count out SEGA and Sonic Team at all. I mean sure, they have always had their ups and downs, but at the end of the day, they will find a way to bounce back with a good Sonic game. I like to think of SEGA's production as a roller coaster. You'll have the ups.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 February 26th 2009, 10:46 am

Philosphy meets SEGA. Never thought i'd see the day.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix February 28th 2009, 3:51 am

Should edit to Sonic Team needs to amp up their game.

SEGA is doing a great job.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez February 28th 2009, 4:43 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:Should edit to Sonic Team needs to amp up their game.

SEGA is doing a great job.

Good point.
    codeorange

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalg10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 6th 2009, 2:36 pm

There are parts of SEGA that I just want to stay away from. I mean, anything that's related to Yu Suzuki I want no part of. Say what you want about Shemnue and the success that franchise got, but now Suzuki is too far gone when it comes to ideas, IMO. I guess the only parts of SEGA that I'm focused on would be for the games like Samba De Amigo, Monkey Ball, and etc. To be in the game industry, you gotta be innovative. You gotta find something that will spark your company, even if it's just a small spark. Sonic Team lacks that right now, and that's why they need to amp up their game. I feel like Sonic Team is going through the motions alot, and SEGA needs to take note of this soon.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalg10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Zigzag10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed March 6th 2009, 5:33 pm

Shadow122 wrote:Its the new gaming engine Ubisoft produced specially for the 360 to make the Sonic look faster on the game. It actually brings back the speed of SA2
    Erhem... Ubisoft?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Zigzag10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 6th 2009, 6:38 pm

XNinjaRed wrote:
    Shadow122 wrote:Its the new gaming engine Ubisoft produced specially for the 360 to make the Sonic look faster on the game. It actually brings back the speed of SA2
    Erhem... Ubisoft?
    Wtf?
    Has he been living under a rock?
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix March 7th 2009, 1:33 pm

Yu Suzuki is possibly the most innovative man in the idsutry, ever. He hasn't really done that much after Shenmue II, he's worked on Virtua Fighter 4, SEGA Race TV (arcade), Psy Phi (arcade, shelved), and Shenmue Online (pending). He's only mentioned wanting to do more, he hasn't touched on anything though. I don't know how you could not respect the man and want to stay away from him, he's a legendary icon.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalw11SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medalg10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game White10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 20th 2009, 7:25 pm

You can really only count on the people who make the games to make the games. It doesn't work any other way. Things have been getting better considerably but all we can really do is hope the "amp" up we need happens since we can't do anything about it as of now.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 March 21st 2009, 6:44 am

I pray that the next Sonic game lives out to unleashed.
    codeorange

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 27th 2009, 12:59 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:Yu Suzuki is possibly the most innovative man in the idsutry, ever. He hasn't really done that much after Shenmue II, he's worked on Virtua Fighter 4, SEGA Race TV (arcade), Psy Phi (arcade, shelved), and Shenmue Online (pending). He's only mentioned wanting to do more, he hasn't touched on anything though. I don't know how you could not respect the man and want to stay away from him, he's a legendary icon.

I don't respect the man anymore. I used to, but he lost my respect in recent months. I'm not going to go into huge detail here, so I'll leave it at that. The legendary status doesn't matter to me, if you do something monumentally wrong morally, then I'm not listening to that guy anymore.

You can PM me just why I feel this way.
    Hyper Shadow22
    Hyper Shadow22

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hyper Shadow22 March 27th 2009, 6:38 pm

Shadow122 wrote:The Wii version of SU was horrible. XBOX360 was alot better thank the lord for HEDGHEOG ENGINE
    No, i liked the Wii version!
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash March 28th 2009, 2:55 am

I liked the Wii version too. The only real problem with the Wii version is the one day stage to multiple werehog stages, well at a comparison aspect at least. Both versions were fun, but if I had the choice, I'd rather play the 360 version.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 April 13th 2009, 4:57 pm

Hyper Shadow22 wrote:

On the Wii version you had 2D worlds to explore and you have that stupid cardboard talking sh*t thing they do on RPG games. On the XBOX atleast it was full 3D and the people actually f**king talk to you
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Blackr10SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game Medal13SEGA Needs To Amp Up Their Game 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash April 14th 2009, 7:25 am

Shadow122 wrote:
    Hyper Shadow22 wrote:

On the Wii version you had 2D worlds to explore and you have that stupid cardboard talking sh*t thing they do on RPG games. On the XBOX atleast it was full 3D and the people actually f**king talk to you

That doesn't mean the Wii version was horrible. And maybe some people don't have an Xbox. And, you get talked to in both versions. Remember, not only did different teams make the games, but there are different capabilities of each console. Actually, I prefer some Wii parts of the game over some 360 parts.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 April 14th 2009, 4:19 pm

Light Dash wrote:
    Shadow122 wrote:
    Hyper Shadow22 wrote:

That doesn't mean the Wii version was horrible. And maybe some people don't have an Xbox. And, you get talked to in both versions. Remember, not only did different teams make the games, but there are different capabilities of each console. Actually, I prefer some Wii parts of the game over some 360 parts.

I'm not talking about ther people i'm talking about my opinions. Some like the Wii and others like the 360. I really don't care what others choose because thats their opinion. My opinion is the Wii version has some flaws and I prefer the better. The Wii doesen't use the HE which makes Sonic look faster, 60 as better graphics, and the day-time stages are alot diff. in style and gameplay.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

Rep3

Post by Light Dash April 14th 2009, 5:53 pm

The Wii doesn't use the Hedgehog Engine because it CAN'T.
    I'm not talking about other people either, I'm just saying just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's horrible. But yes, whoever can have their own opinion. The day time stages are different because they were made by two different teams.

Last edited by Light Dash on April 28th 2009, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 April 14th 2009, 9:29 pm

So we came to a conclusion.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 April 16th 2009, 12:16 am

Ubisoft didn't make the Hedgehog Engine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content