Sonic Colours - Page 9 3qll2

Rep1

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Empty Re: Sonic Colours

Post by Duck King December 23rd 2010, 1:23 am

Looks fn amazing!
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Imagee10

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Blackr10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalw11Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalg10Sonic Colours - Page 9 White10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

Post by Erazor December 24th 2010, 12:11 am

Well I'm finished. Gotta love the throwbacks to classic Sonic games like the old school enemies.

Also, Game Land 4-1 uses many of the same elements as Spring Yard Zone Act 1.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Sonic Colours - Page 9 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa December 25th 2010, 4:22 pm

Just got this for Christmas. Really fun and I like how much there is to do in most levels. If only the 3D areas were like that but I'm only at Sweet Mountain so far.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Sonic Colours - Page 9 VOZLn

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalw11Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord December 27th 2010, 8:56 am

I got it for Christmas too. Fun, will probably still be fun long after I beat it, and it has the best humor in the series.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Blackr10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalw11Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalg10Sonic Colours - Page 9 White10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 30th 2010, 1:06 am

I just gotta ask. What was all the hullabaloo about the final boss theme? It was so bland and lame.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord December 30th 2010, 9:11 am

Well, it took the theme, which is okay at best, and actually made it good. But agreed, its getting more attention then it should.
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Blackr10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalw11Sonic Colours - Page 9 Zigzag10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez January 1st 2011, 8:25 pm

One of the only reasons I want a Wii.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Blackr10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalw11Sonic Colours - Page 9 Zigzag10Sonic Colours - Page 9 White10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medal13Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 2nd 2011, 5:39 pm

I'm surprise to see this doing so good
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor January 2nd 2011, 9:56 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:Well, it took the theme, which is okay at best, and actually made it good. But agreed, its getting more attention then it should.
    Sega needs to stop trying to make the finales of each game more "epic" with these poorly orchestrated versions of each game's main theme for the final bosses.

Ten years from now no one will care about the orchestrated version of Endless Possibilty, but everyone will still remember the final boss theme from Sonic 3 & Knuckles because it was both cool and catchy.
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

: Female
     Rep0

Post by fantanoice January 6th 2011, 12:51 pm

I still haven't played the game yet (I'm a little reluctant, considering Sonic has had a bit of a poor past in 3D games), but it actually seems like a pretty nice game.

It would be cool if it were on Steam, because then it would be way cheaper than it is in the shop. Oh well. *sigh*
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa January 8th 2011, 9:22 pm

The game is more 2D than 3D if that helps. People's been asking for a port a lot over on the regular Sega forums and is so heavy of a debate (ie console wars) the topics were locked.
    I doubt a Steam version will show up (what was the last PC Sonic game?) but if you want a cheaper copy you'll just have to play the wait game but I don't know how much games are in Australia.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 8th 2011, 10:38 pm

I don't want to play this game. To be a bit honest, it looks a bit childish. I'm not one to degrade a game as childish either (I play games like Sonic and pokemon), however, this game seems childish with the aliens.

Also, I was never a fan of Unleashed, both of the day and night levels. I'm still waiting for a true Sonic Adventure 3, because so far anything short of it has not been living up to potential.

Maybe I'm just so harsh because SA2B was the greatest game I have ever played, but I just don't expect anything less than it these days.
    MD Gamer
    MD Gamer

Rep0

Post by MD Gamer January 9th 2011, 9:37 pm

^^ It feels a bit like a kids game I agree.

Since I haven't played ...uhm.. any of the 3D Sonic games I can't really compare. So it is the first 3D Sonic game that I've ever played and I did prepare for a letdown having heard all kinds of stuff about the '06 game and the other "new" games. I'm not all retro but I just didn't really get into that stuff after Sega dropped out of the console market.

To my great surprise, I'm having a lot of fun with Colours, I just don't seem to have time to play it! I was a bit disappointed in Sonic 4: Ep1 (not gonna go into that in this thread) but then I got this game and was really glad to see both Sonic and Tails in a brand new game that was fun and received high scores in reviews.
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle January 9th 2011, 9:48 pm

My friend bought it, he said it sucked.

NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic Colours - Page 9 Blackr10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalw11Sonic Colours - Page 9 Zigzag10Sonic Colours - Page 9 White10Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medal13Sonic Colours - Page 9 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 9th 2011, 9:50 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I don't want to play this game. To be a bit honest, it looks a bit childish. I'm not one to degrade a game as childish either (I play games like Sonic and pokemon), however, this game seems childish with the aliens.

Also, I was never a fan of Unleashed, both of the day and night levels. I'm still waiting for a true Sonic Adventure 3, because so far anything short of it has not been living up to potential.

Maybe I'm just so harsh because SA2B was the greatest game I have ever played, but I just don't expect anything less than it these days.
    Sonic was always a children series and it doesn't change the gameplay
    Stop being a baby
    Stranger
    Stranger

Rep1

Post by Stranger January 12th 2011, 12:41 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I don't want to play this game. To be a bit honest, it looks a bit childish. I'm not one to degrade a game as childish either (I play games like Sonic and pokemon), however, this game seems childish with the aliens.

It is as NeoMetalSonic say's. Sonic was always a kids game, I mean the cast is a bunch of anthropomorphic characters having to deal with a comically disproportionate fat man going by the alias of "Eggman" that want's to create a utopia in his image called "Eggman land."
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 18th 2011, 7:11 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:

Sonic was always a children series and it doesn't change the gameplay
    Stop being a baby

Don't get me started on a tirade, because I've done this at Sonic Blast, and I don't stop.

How does that make me a baby? A complainer, sure, but not a baby. Honestly, get your facts straight.

Sonic was not completely childish. He had that action, fight against other main characters, and badniks that made the game fun. Now these colored aliens fly in the game like Teletubbies, and you want me to think its not a bit more childish than the other Sonic games? I'm not saying it's a lot more, just more than any of the others. And besides, it's my opinion. Just put SA2 and Sonic Colors on a scale and tell me which one is more childish. I don't even have to play the game to tell you. Images are enough here to distinguish.

And just so we're clear on the insults, the one making insults are the immature ones themselves.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 18th 2011, 7:55 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:Sonic was always a children series and it doesn't change the gameplay
    Stop being a baby

Don't get me started on a tirade, because I've done this at Sonic Blast, and I don't stop.

How does that make me a baby? A complainer, sure, but not a baby. Honestly, get your facts straight.

Sonic was not completely childish. He had that action, fight against other main characters, and badniks that made the game fun. Now these colored aliens fly in the game like Teletubbies, and you want me to think its not a bit more childish than the other Sonic games? I'm not saying it's a lot more, just more than any of the others. And besides, it's my opinion. Just put SA2 and Sonic Colors on a scale and tell me which one is more childish. I don't even have to play the game to tell you. Images are enough here to distinguish.

And just so we're clear on the insults, the one making insults are the immature ones themselves.
    You're exaggerating if you compare Sonic Colors to Teletubbies sounds like you are mature gamer and only play mature games the atmosphere fits right in with the other games like Sonic 3D blast and Heroes
    I don't get what you;re saying about Sonic fighting thats a staple in video games Sonic ins't any differnt
    YOu're letting a few games clouding your mind over the entire series

A baby whines and cry alot
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa January 18th 2011, 10:36 am

Faecpalm

The wisps aren't much different than saving the little animals. Sonic Adventure 2 had you raise the cute and cuddly Chao.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 18th 2011, 7:02 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

You're exaggerating if you compare Sonic Colors to Teletubbies sounds like you are mature gamer and only play mature games the atmosphere fits right in with the other games like Sonic 3D blast and Heroes
    I don't get what you;re saying about Sonic fighting thats a staple in video games Sonic ins't any differnt
    YOu're letting a few games clouding your mind over the entire series

A baby whines and cry alot

You're right, I am exaggerating, but only because I have been driven to do so. All I feel is that the wisps seem a bit childish. That's not to say it's a bad game.

I'd just rather leave it alone judging how it looks like Unleashed gameplay and I didn't like Unleashed too much.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 18th 2011, 9:32 pm

Man you have bad taste
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic Colours - Page 9 56qtD

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z January 18th 2011, 9:59 pm

All I'll say is I do think Sonic Colors is trying too hard to be kid friendly. It's not so much the fact that it's for kids, more that the writing feels like a really cheesy Saturday morning cartoon at times. It's better than the preachy power of friendship/power of teamwork story of Sonic Heroes and better than the edgy and angst-tastic (not to mention it completely derailing Shadow's backstory) story of Shadow the Hedgehog, but it's missing the charm that the adventure series had most of the time IMO. You can be kid friendly while still being somewhat classy.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 19th 2011, 7:25 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Man you have bad taste
    I agree with the above poster. That's a good way to put it.

In reference to the quote, I probably do have a bad taste. After playing SA2B, I won't take much less, Sonic doesn't deserve it.

On the bright side, this game looks a lot better than that mishap Sonic 4.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content