Zezima
    Zezima
    Adeio Vasilia
    Adeio Vasilia

Hero or Villain? Blackr10Hero or Villain? White10Hero or Villain? 2nio02t

Rep80

Hero or Villain? Empty Hero or Villain?

Post by Zezima July 10th 2010, 12:21 pm

Do you want to play as the hero or the villain in games?
    Shade
    Shade

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Zigzag10Hero or Villain? Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Hero or Villain? Empty Re: Hero or Villain?

Post by Shade July 10th 2010, 1:06 pm

I like playing as both the hero and the villain in several games. This is because I can control both sides, and it actually helps as I have experience of both sides, and I can actually set the scene, so to speak, much easier.
    Army
    Army

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Hero or Villain? Blackr10Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Medalg10Hero or Villain? Zigzag10Hero or Villain? Medal13Hero or Villain? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army July 10th 2010, 3:41 pm

Good guy Bio shock, just for the achievements, then MURDER ALL THE LITTLE SISTERS!

Spare and save all the innocent Engineers as in ODST till I get the achievement, THEN KILL THEM ALL!

It all depends on if I get an achievement for being the good guy or bad guy.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Hero or Villain? Blackr10Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Medalg10Hero or Villain? White10Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 11th 2010, 12:28 am

With all these selfish anti-heroes going around doing good when it's convenient, anyone can wear black and fight for themselves. Real heroes are hard to come by. For some of us, good just feels good.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Hero or Villain? Imagee10

Hero or Villain? Blackr10Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Medalg10Hero or Villain? White10Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor July 11th 2010, 1:40 am

I'm very sentimental when it comes to video game characters, so being good to them is just my nature.

Of course I have those times where random acts of evil are at the top of my to-do list, but heroism just feels so much more rewarding.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord July 11th 2010, 7:40 am

It Depends on the game and whether or not I like the characters.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 11th 2010, 4:28 pm

I usually try to play both sides and win. If I can't, I go evil because it's just plain fun to be evil.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom July 12th 2010, 2:24 am

Usually I'd prefer being the hero--it makes it all worthwhile to think that I confronted and solved problems, but every so often I like to unwind with some Overlord and be as "EEEEvil" as I can.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 12th 2010, 10:29 pm

Well, if the game is good enough, I'll try every path to get all the achievements, endings, etc. But, with little exception, I consider my "lawful good" characters to be the most important.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Hero or Villain? Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 24th 2010, 1:26 am

well I do like to play Overlord, but it just doesn't seem like you're the villan unless you increase your corruption level.
    (Speaking of the game, it is really fun. and funny) I heared it was pretty under rated though))
    Mario94
    Mario94

Hero or Villain? 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 July 28th 2010, 3:48 pm

The bad guy. Playing as the good guy is only entertaining for so long. It's been overdone. Playing as the villain every so often gives a fresh aspect of a game/series. I wonder what it would be like playing as a Robot Master fighting against Mega Man.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 28th 2010, 9:41 pm

Mario94 wrote:I wonder what it would be like playing as a Robot Master fighting against Mega Man.
    You would stand in one room and wait for several minutes until you encounter a single enemy who dies in 3-4 hits. But seriously, you can play as the Robot Masters in Mega Man Powered Up for PSP, and they actually do play differently.

Also, I'd like it if more open-ended games didn't have "good" as the expected path, I'd like to feel a little more special for being heroic.
    Mario94
    Mario94

Hero or Villain? 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 July 30th 2010, 4:17 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    Mario94 wrote:I wonder what it would be like playing as a Robot Master fighting against Mega Man.
    You would stand in one room and wait for several minutes until you encounter a single enemy who dies in 3-4 hits. But seriously, you can play as the Robot Masters in Mega Man Powered Up for PSP, and they actually do play differently.

Also, I'd like it if more open-ended games didn't have "good" as the expected path, I'd like to feel a little more special for being heroic.

That open-ended deal would sound good. As for Powered Up, my PSP broke, I don't have money to replace it, and I doubt there's a place nearby that has it anymore. It was released in 2006.
    Shade
    Shade

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Zigzag10Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 30th 2010, 5:29 pm

Roterblitz wrote:

Yeah. That's why I like games like Fable II and Oblivion a lot, because they have morailty choices and because you can actually become a figure of authority of your own choice in those games.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Hero or Villain? VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 30th 2010, 7:09 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:Yeah. That's why I like games like Fable II and Oblivion a lot, because they have morailty choices and because you can actually become a figure of authority of your own choice in those games.
    Oh, plenty of games have choices, but "good" always seems to be the default. Not that it's always the easiest path, but the other characters rarely seem surprised when you go out of your way to do something honorable, it's like they expect you to be perfect.

On the flip side, what if I pretend to be good for a long time, but it was only in order to betray everyone at the end? Technically I'm still mostly good and only committed a single act of evil, even if that one act should have been enough to undo all the "good" I pretended to do, which also makes the idea of a redemption impossible as well. They just don't have a system for anything more complex than 3-5 points on your karma meter.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Hero or Villain? Blackr10Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Zigzag10Hero or Villain? White10Hero or Villain? Medal13Hero or Villain? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic August 10th 2010, 12:45 am

Depends which side gets me more ladies
    Jmh
    Jmh

Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? White10Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 11th 2010, 11:56 am

Always the Hero.

Beat up the Villains for great justice!
    AuraTheHedgehog
    AuraTheHedgehog

Hero or Villain? WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by AuraTheHedgehog August 30th 2010, 5:48 am

I prefer to be the villain rather than being the hero. I'm the type of person who just doesn't want people following her around, screaming her name and telling her just what a great hero she is. The villain is more dark, receives no praise and has only a few followers that are too afraid to even consider bothering their leader or 'master'. Then again it is nice to receive a little bit of praise every now and again, so sometimes I like to be the hero...But only when I feel like it.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Hero or Villain? 56qtD

Hero or Villain? Medalw11Hero or Villain? Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z August 30th 2010, 7:06 am

For great justice indeed.

In games I usually do both, but I usually try playing the good guy first and have a preference towards being the hero as long as it's not limiting the gamplay badly or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content