The ancient lands.

4 posters

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison

Shade
    Shade

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison VOZLn

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medalw11PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Zigzag10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Empty PS3 vs. 360 Comparison

Post by Shade July 16th 2010, 5:57 pm

-Xbox 360

- Doesn't have as many exclusives as many users of this forum like to believe. Titles such as Mass Effect and Splinter Cell and Left4Dead is easily a better experience on the pc.
    - When you cut out these they 360 isn't left with as many exclusives that one could consider essential but rather hit or miss titles.
    - These exclusives would be for instance Fable 2, but not Fable 3, Gears of War 2 and 3 but not 1, Halo 3, Tales of Vesperia and so on.
    - Xbox live - Costs, but its still the superior experience but you don't get much what you pay for other than demos, and cross game chat compared to the ps3.
    - Xbox live arcade is vastly superior to PSN, both in terms of quality and quantity. Regardless points system is favourable for microsoft. On the other hand many of the titles are available at other platforms and many of them play better on especially the PC.
    - Has slightly better performance on multi-console titles but in terms of noticeability only a few select games such as Bayonetta and RDR you will actually see this without analyzing it with a microscope
    - The cost of the 360 and PS3 is basically the same, even with newer models. The 360 was more expensive earlier this year when you considered LIVE + Recharger and Console and a lot more expensive if you had wireless connection. Now with the new brand 360 they end up with the same price, or maybe the 360 10-20 bucks cheaper. This is when you include essential live and recharger.
    - Futures of exclusives isn't looking all that great,
    - Kinect looks impressive, but all they seem to make are casual games that will be boring after an hour of playtime and will retail at 60bucks each.
    - Older 360 has a big failure rate, as for the newer ones one would expect these to be gone, the disc scratch issue is reason for worry but really isn't a big problem as you won't most of the time need to move your console during gaming.
    - While xbox live is a better service its cluttered with childs, much like here at xbox republic who sends hate mail after every loss, which I've had much less frequent at PSN, Wii or even the PC.
    - Much of the exclusives released this year has disappointed.

-PS3
    - Offers FREE online with an OPTIONAL PSN+ online fee, which isn't really worth bothering with. PSN although uses real currency which is vastly superior compared to any point system, also they actually release things fror free time to time.
    - Has more quality exclusives both in terms of quantity, and especially in terms of different genres. Note this is QUALITY exclusives, which would include exclusives 80 or over in metacritic which wasn't far overhyped from the start. This excludes LBP which also is on the PSP.
    - As said the cost is just about the same, but over time the 360 is more expensive.
    - A lot of people say the PSN has a lot of downtime, I can say I've only experienced once and that was during the april shift.
    - Move is very accurate and responsive, but is expensive and likely gonna be s.
    - The controllers are just about equal, it all ends up being a preference. The ps3 has though the more expensive controller.
    - Is a better choice in combination with most consoles, especially a PC as you get a bigger array of exclusives compared if you went 360 / PC.
    - The PS3 continues to bring out exclusives, while the 360 is more uncertain. The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Ape Escape, Yakuza 4, Twisted Metal and Socom are just some of the exclusives that are confirmed to come out retail either this year or next year. While in comparision the 360 is getting some quality titles as well its not in as big quantity and what comes after this is more unsure, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, Codename: Kingdoms to name which I can actually come up with.
    - Comes with a free rechager, and you can exchange harddiscs without paying very high fees for 360 special harddiscs which are terribly overpriced.

And both consoles are pretty fun to play at.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
    Phantom
    Phantom

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medal13

Rep11

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Empty Re: PS3 vs. 360 Comparison

Post by Phantom July 21st 2010, 1:37 am

Personally, I prefer the 360. I don't really like the PS3 interface or the controller, as well as having to "install" games before playing. I also prefer the 360 for its robust online system (even if it does cost, but it's a relatively low and yearly fee, and I really like the Avatar system--vastly superior to Mii). The new Jasper boards, so I am told, should obviate the Red Ring problem, but I still took out a warranty on it anyway just to be safe.

I also really like the game and movie marketplace; it's the wave of the future to buy any kind of content right from the living room. Most of the exclusives I could live without, and almost anything that the PS3 has, the 360 also does. I'm not too excited about the Kinect, though, unless hands-on experience can change my mind.

I bought my 360 about a week before the Slim models were announced, though.
    Shade
    Shade

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medalw11PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Zigzag10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 21st 2010, 7:04 am

Phantom wrote:Personally, I prefer the 360. I don't really like the PS3 interface or the controller, as well as having to "install" games before playing. I also prefer the 360 for its robust online system (even if it does cost, but it's a relatively low and yearly fee, and I really like the Avatar system--vastly superior to Mii). The new Jasper boards, so I am told, should obviate the Red Ring problem, but I still took out a warranty on it anyway just to be safe.

I also really like the game and movie marketplace; it's the wave of the future to buy any kind of content right from the living room. Most of the exclusives I could live without, and almost anything that the PS3 has, the 360 also does. I'm not too excited about the Kinect, though, unless hands-on experience can change my mind.

I bought my 360 about a week before the Slim models were announced, though.

I also prefer the 360. I hadn't really thought about the simplicity of the interface, but I guess that's one of the points. Also, the 360 has more and better RPG's than the PS3, and some of the RPG exclusives, such as Fable II and Fable III, are really good, and are better than any of the PS3 RPG exclusives, and I'm mostly an RPG gamer.

But I would get the PS3 for one game. That game is Gran Turismo 5. It's vastly superior to Forza 3 in every way imaginable. It has ten times the amount of vehicles and ten times the amount of tracks. But the thing that clinches it for me is that Gran Turismo 5 has the Jaguar XF (which Forza 3 doesn't have, and which I don't know any other game that does have). For Gran Turismo 5 alone, I would buy a PS3 in a heartbeat.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison ZtZYh

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Blackr10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medalw11PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Zigzag10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison White10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medal13PS3 vs. 360 Comparison 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 21st 2010, 8:25 am

-Xbox 360

Spoiler:

-PS3

Spoiler:

PS3 is still my prefered choice, simply because I can go to Sonic, Ratchet, and maybe someday Jak to enjoy myself with. But they need more exclusives that aren't aimed for epic levels. Stuff like Ape Escape, Sonic, and Jak are what I'd be more interested in.
    360 seems overpriced now with the announcement of Slim being at the same price. Unless they start making varied exclusives instead of shooter variations, I can't say my interest is held for them.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medalw11PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Zigzag10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison White10PS3 vs. 360 Comparison Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 21st 2010, 8:32 am

and with Final Fantasy XIII being total shite on the Xbox I also have to go with the brighter future of the PS3
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 21st 2010, 10:55 am

That's true. Although the 360 is currently higher in sales than PS3, the Wi-Fi on the PS3 just keeps getting better and better; Sony has gadgets such as the eye-toy and various other sorts of cameras and other stuff. Whereas the 360 is getting left behind in technology.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content