The ancient lands.

4 posters

World of Warcraft

Shade
    Shade

World of Warcraft VOZLn

World of Warcraft Medalw11World of Warcraft Zigzag10World of Warcraft Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

World of Warcraft Empty World of Warcraft

Post by Shade July 19th 2010, 7:17 am

I'm sure many of you have heard of an MMO called World of Warcraft. It's really a quite awesome game, and I would certainly recommend you to try it. I've only played the free trial version, but I can report that the graphics of WOW are absolutely amazing, the environment of the game completely boggles the mind, and the gameplay (although it is a little difficult to attack) never ceases to amaze you. This is one MMO I would certainly recommend.

So, what do you guys think of World of Warcraft?
    Naiiwen
    Naiiwen

World of Warcraft WFmvl

Rep0

World of Warcraft Empty Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Naiiwen August 3rd 2010, 4:53 pm

I don't actually play it, but I've seen other people play it.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon August 4th 2010, 9:45 pm

I have played before, not that big of a deal. I don't understand how people get hooked on it. It didn't pique my interests.
    Shade
    Shade

World of Warcraft VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Shade August 5th 2010, 4:00 am

Yioibon wrote:I have played before, not that big of a deal. I don't understand how people get hooked on it. It didn't pique my interests.

It's the giant, explorable environment, the millions of events that happen each and every day, and the diversity of the races of the people there, that hook people onto World of Warcraft.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon August 5th 2010, 5:52 am

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Yioibon wrote:I have played before, not that big of a deal. I don't understand how people get hooked on it. It didn't pique my interests.

It's the giant, explorable environment, the millions of events that happen each and every day, and the diversity of the races of the people there, that hook people onto World of Warcraft.
    Why pay a monthly fee for something you can see in real life for free?
    Shade
    Shade

World of Warcraft VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Shade August 5th 2010, 10:31 am

Yioibon wrote:
    Sweet Silence wrote:

Why pay a monthly fee for something you can see in real life for free?

Firstly, some of the environments in WoW (such as the forests of Teldraasil, where the Blood Elves live, and where you automatically spawn at the beginning of the game if you're a blood elf) aren't available in real life.

Secondly, in real life, if you mess up, that's the end of it: there are no more chances. Since WoW is a video game, if you mess up (and get killed by something) you can respawn. Leveling up and exploring are both fun to do. Also, the items you get in WoW are really good, which just adds to the benefits. Also, in real life, a lot of the land is private. All the stuff in WoW is public, so pretty much anyone can go there.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

World of Warcraft 56qtD

World of Warcraft Medalw11World of Warcraft Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z August 5th 2010, 1:01 pm

Sorry, but I have a rule that doesn't allow me to play the game, (though I've never been a fan of MMORPGs either) and that rule is that I never, ever play any game that requires a monthly fee to play. It just isn't worth the price IMO, since you will likely spend much more money on a monthly charged game than you will on two 60 dollar games, and you'll only be paying to play the game for a limited amount of time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content