The ancient lands.

3 posters

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Poll

How does Morrowind compare to Oblivion?

[ 0 ]
     Morrowind or Oblivion? Bar_le110% Morrowind or Oblivion? Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
     Morrowind or Oblivion? Bar_le11100% Morrowind or Oblivion? Bar_ri11 [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
     Morrowind or Oblivion? Bar_le110% Morrowind or Oblivion? Bar_ri11 [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Shade
    Shade

Morrowind or Oblivion? VOZLn

Morrowind or Oblivion? Medalw11 Morrowind or Oblivion? Zigzag10 Morrowind or Oblivion? Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Morrowind or Oblivion? Empty Morrowind or Oblivion?

Post by Shade July 22nd 2010, 5:48 pm

I personally prefer Oblivion more. This is because, not only does Oblivion have better graphics, but Oblivion also has the lines scripted out, and has the lines actually spoken. Also, Oblivion is based in the Imperial City, which looks much brighter, cheerier and more friendly than Morrowind, and the graphics of Oblivion are better overall. Also, Oblivion is much easier than Morrowind was: in Morrowind, it was difficult to even kill a small creature, whereas Oblivion has a difficulty setting, so if you set it on the easiest setting you could complete the game in a matter of days.

However, I liked the fact that Morrowind had a bigger environment than Oblivion did. Also, in Morrowind you could kill pretty much anybody and if you killed a quest character it would say the world was doomed. Whereas in Oblivion you are not actually allowed to kill them. I think the system in Morrowind (concerning killing people) was much preferrable, and added more to the choice element.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Morrowind or Oblivion? Imagee10

Morrowind or Oblivion? Blackr10 Morrowind or Oblivion? Medalw11 Morrowind or Oblivion? Medalg10 Morrowind or Oblivion? White10 Morrowind or Oblivion? Medal13

Rep22

Morrowind or Oblivion? Empty Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?

Post by Erazor July 23rd 2010, 8:12 pm

Well, I played Morrowind after Oblivion, so clearly the graphical downgrade was like a swift kick n the face. Still, I prefer Oblivion's gameplay over Morrowind's. Morrowind's felt too sloppy and it never seemed to do what I wanted it to do.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Morrowind or Oblivion? Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 24th 2010, 1:23 am

yeah, in morrowind you'd have to start where you saved just to bring back a quest character if you kill them. and in Oblivion, they just get knocked out.
    Shade
    Shade

Morrowind or Oblivion? Medalw11 Morrowind or Oblivion? Zigzag10 Morrowind or Oblivion? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 24th 2010, 10:57 pm

Erazor wrote:Well, I played Morrowind after Oblivion, so clearly the graphical downgrade was like a swift kick n the face. Still, I prefer Oblivion's gameplay over Morrowind's. Morrowind's felt too sloppy and it never seemed to do what I wanted it to do.

That's true. Also, Morrowind was way too difficult and it was impossible for beginners: you need lots of training (and lots of money) before you can kill even the smallest of enemies.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Morrowind or Oblivion? Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 25th 2010, 2:54 pm

Mud crabs were still pretty easy to kill in morrowind.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 27th 2010, 12:35 pm

Alex The Hedgehog wrote:Mud crabs were still pretty easy to kill in morrowind.

They were the only thing it was easy to kill in Morrowind. You couldn't hope to kill creatures like Alit, bandits or even ordinary rats in the beginning of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content