Grabbed by the Ghoulies

AuraTheHedgehog
    AuraTheHedgehog

Grabbed by the Ghoulies WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Grabbed by the Ghoulies Empty Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Post by AuraTheHedgehog August 30th 2010, 5:20 am

If someone has already made a topic like this, or if this is in the wrong section, then I do appologise. Anyways with that out of the way...Who else has played this game (If not then you may read on, but I warn you of spoilers lol)? I am a mere few levels away from completing this game and I must say it's been very good so far. And for those who are wondering which consoles this is for, well: It is for Xbox but is also compatible with the Xbox 360. In this game, our main characters Cooper and Amber come across an old spooky mansion called 'Ghoulhaven Hall' and the mansion is packed full of supernatural creatures. Amber is kidnapped by a mad scientist called 'Dr. Von Ghoul' (or something like that) and Cooper must face these creatures in order to rescue her. This game is full of 'Beat 'em up' challenges that you must complete in order to continue on to the next level. The challenges are easy as you start out, but as you get further and further into the game they get very hard. Here are some of the types of challenges you may face (Once again I warn you of Spoilers, so if you don't want a lot of things to be spoiled before you play, then simply don't read any further!):

Time Challenge:

In these types of challenges you must defeat all the ghoulies in a certain amount of time, if you fail to do this the Grim Reaper will come after you and if his hand touches you, you are instantly dead and must restart the challenge.

Certain Ghoulie Challenge:

These types of challenges involve only defeating a certain breed of ghoulie, if you defeat any other breeds then of course the Grim Reaper will appear.

Button Challenge:

For some challenges, certain ghoulies may startle you and you will have to press the 'x, y, a, b' buttons in a certain order and in a certain amount of time to calm down or you will lose health and your heart will beat slowly, causing you to move slowly for a brief moment of time. And no, the Grim Reaper won't appear in these types of challenges...The only thing you have to worry about is your health.

Certain Number of Ghoulies challenge:

In these challenges you will have to defeat a certain number of ghoulies in order to get past the locked doors (most challenges involve locked doors that you will need to go through in order to proceed lol). The Grim Reaper won't appear in these challenges, as you only have to beat a certain amount of ghoulies before you can go on and I don't really think that there is any way possible to make the Grim Reaper appear.

No Weapons challenge:

For these challenges you CANNOT use weapons against the ghoulies, you may only use your fists and feet to kick and punch. Using weapons will result in the Grim Reaper appearing (of course!).

Weapons Only challenge:

It's like the no weapons challenge, except for this one you MUST use weapons to defeat the ghoulies otherwise the *sighs* Grim Reaper will appear. This type of challenge is rather hard I must say, since I always accidentally hit a ghoulie with my fists or feet.

I won't bother listing all the other challenges. Though, there are 'Combined challenges' where the challenges I listed above are combined to make things harder. When you play the game, you'll find out just how many combinations there are :twisted: . Hmmm, let's see...Okay, bellow I will list the controls (If I can remember it all lol):

Left analog - Move Cooper
    Right Analog - Kick and punch/use weapon
    A Button - Pick Up Items/Use in conjunction with Right Analog/Open doors/select/confirm
    Right Trigger - Move Camera Right
    Left Trigger - Move Camera Left
    Start Button - Open Menu

Once you get the hang of the controls you won't even have to look down to see what you're pressing! It's really that simple. Okay, so bellow I will list the different types of ghoulies and hopefully I can tell you some stuff about them:

Imp: The Imp is a small purple creature that looks just as ugly as a gremlin. It likes to kick and bite, so don't let its size fool you. Imps like to attack in groups or packs (whatever you want to call them) and this makes them even more so deadly. But the good part is, they're very easy to kill and with only two or three hits they're dead.

Skeleton: Okay so the Skeletons are a bit harder to kill than the Imps, but since they're just a bunch of bones they're rather easy to kill. Do I really need to describe what a skeleton looks like? Anyways, the Skeletons are a bit more furious than the Imps, but that certainly doesn't make them more intelligent. The Skeletons are smart, but not smart enough if you know what you're doing.

Zombies: Hmm...Zombies are green, they fart a lot, they're incredibly stupid and they move slow. The only thing you need to worry about, is that Zombies are hard to kill and they mostly attack in hordes. But here's the bright side, if you dodge an attack from a Zombie and the Zombie hits another Zombie, then those two dumbies will start fighting eachother and fights will break out between the Zombies! I mean, they're THAT dumb! They'll be half dead before they realise they're of the same breed and come after you again! Lol. So I got the point across that they're incredibly stupid? And don't worry, the clouds of green gases that come from behind them aren't poisonous...They're just farts.

Haunted Television: Whoa...So have you guys seen those scary movies where the tv comes to life? Well these things are a lot like that. Haunted Televisions are hard to kill since they keep jumping around and they shock you when you touch them, not to mention they also release other ghoulies from the screen. So if you want to kill them you're gonna have to throw stuff at them or hit them with objects/weapons.

Spider/Turantula: These creepy crawlies may look like a cool pet to have, but their bites/spin attacks say differently! They look like normal Turantulas, brown and hairy. They're usually found in areas with a lot of webs, or behind bushes and dumpsters (they can also be released from the Haunted Televisions). They can either bite (which causes you to be dizzy for a moment) or they can use their spin attack (which is much like Sonic's Spin Dash attack really), but no need to worry about the bites, they don't bite very often so they mostly use their spin attack.

Mummies: The walking, living-dead, egyptian, wrapped-up-in-bandages mummies? Yep! Just let me give you a hint, you'd better find some fire buddy! Mummies are VERY hard to kill, hitting them or using normal weapons against them will do absolutely NOTHING to their health. So what you gotta do is find a torch or a furnace where you can push them in (only fire will work against mummies!). They can hit quite hard and they can wrap you up in bandages to constrict you, or they can hit you with a scepter and make you very dizzy.

Fire Imps: You can find these guys in the kitchen with the fat cook lady (I forget her name) and her friendly skeleton assistant Mr. Ribs. The only way to stop these balls of flame is to use a fire extinguisher to put out their fire, then kick them and punch them while they're on the ground (yes, they can fly). They're pretty easy to kill, but very hard to hit as they constantly move around and dodge most of your attacks.

Haunted Painting: Ahhh! It's a painting come to life! They're very easy to kill! AHHH! ....Need I say more? Lol

Haunted Furnature: Very easy to kill, very easy to hit. Haunted Furnature won't cause you much trouble unless there are a lot of them. Haunted Furnature consists of 'Haunted Chairs', 'Haunted books' and some other stuff I can't be bothered to type down (Okay..I may as well tell the truth...I forgot XD).

Hunchback: Awww, these guys are very cautious of their delicate faces...(That's a hint). They're large, hunched over and the only way to defeat them is to constantly beat them in the face until they are defeated. But this is not easy however, as they will shield their face with their hands and turn their back to you. When they peek around to see if you're still there then that's your chance to hit their face. They're hard to kill, but shy and won't attack often if you keep intimidating them. At least, that's the way I see it.

Vampire Chicken: These blood-sucking chooks can only be killed with the garlic gun, which is given to you by the kind gardener. You won't have to face these guys very often, as they're mainly in their chicken coop guarding the large blue egg (which you need to make a potion for Amber, if you want to know why Amber needs a potion then ask me in a reply). They attack mainly in a certain amount of numbers, since they're easy to kill if you have the garlic gun.

Grim Reaper: I can't believe I haven't explained this guy yet. The Grim Reaper is an un-killable ghoulie in a long black robe. He carries around a scythe (but he doesn't kill you with THAT) and one of his hands is glowing ice-blue (he kills you with THAT) and if the hand touches you then it's an instant death. After he kills you he uses the scythe for an electric guitar XD...I guess that's his way of saying he killed someone. You can use cans of freezing soup lying around if you find any, and this will freeze the grim reaper briefly to allow you more time to escape.

Okay...So there are many more ghoulies, but I will stop here since I'm going on about the ghoulies and I guess you guys are now wondering why I mentioned a freezing SOUP and you are probably wondering why there is SOUP in a ghoulie game. Okay so if you guys want to know about more ghoulies then say so in the reply and I will try and give you info about the other ghoulies. Anyways, the soups are scattered randomly around each room in each level...Wondering how they got there? The cook of course! She left them lying around and some of them will help you, some of them will NOT help you. Here are some of the soups:

Super Cooper - Good (Makes Cooper run faster and hit harder)
    Freeze Soup - Good (Freezes everything except Cooper to buy you more time, it comes in handy with the Grim Reaper)
    Invisibility Soup - Good (Cooper becomes invisible to the ghoulies)
    Button Soup - Good (You can collect these soups to get out of having to press the buttons in the button challenges)
    Reverse Soup - Bad (This soup will reverse your controls! It's very confusing and ghoulies use this chance to attack full on!)
    Slow Mo Soup - Bad (Cooper will move in slow motion, while the ghoulies have normal speed)
    Time Soup - Good (Gets you more time in a time challenge)
    One Hit Wonder - Good (Any ghoulie Cooper touches (except for the Grim Reaper) will instantly die)

There are more soups but I can't remember the rest of them. Alright so this is all I have to say for now, and if I have gotten anything wrong then tell me and I will correct it.