Shade

Kinect HACKED VOZLn

Kinect HACKED Medalw11 Kinect HACKED Zigzag10 Kinect HACKED Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Kinect HACKED Empty Kinect HACKED

Post by Shade November 13th 2010, 3:42 pm

http://n4g.com/news/646060/open-source-kinectOpen Source Kinect

As seen in the video below, Kinect has been successfully hacked to run on Linux, using open source software that is available for free on the internet. The video, one of several up on Youtube already, shows how the Kinect can be run without an XBox360. And the hacker claims that it is even relatively easy to do.
    What does this mean, for Microsoft and for consumers?The Kinect is a pretty high tech piece of machinery, and Microsoft likely is looking to make money off the sale of Kinect games for years to come. But if it can be easily hacked, to run not just on computers but potentially other consoles as well, then that is a lot of money that will likely never reach Microsoft’s coffers.
    For now, Microsoft is taking a soft-line approach to the matter, stating in a statement to CNN, “Kinect for Xbox 360 has not been hacked — in any way — as the software and hardware that are part of Kinect for Xbox 360 have not been modified. What has happened is someone has created drivers that allow other devices to interface with the Kinect for Xbox 360…..We strongly encourage customers to use Kinect for Xbox 360 with their Xbox 360 to get the best experience possible.”

Kinect on Computer, basically. I think this is the height of awesomeness.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Kinect HACKED VOZLn

Kinect HACKED Medalw11 Kinect HACKED Zigzag10 Kinect HACKED White10 Kinect HACKED Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

Kinect HACKED Empty Re: Kinect HACKED

Post by Auflodern November 13th 2010, 3:55 pm

The only way to use it is Linux and I don't want to build my computer from scratch just so I can say I have Linux
    chaosenchantment
    chaosenchantment

Kinect HACKED Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by chaosenchantment November 13th 2010, 10:38 pm

its also had a hack on Apple Mac OS X

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content