Problems of TSC

SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Problems of TSC WFmvl

Problems of TSC Blackr10

Rep0

Problems of TSC Empty Problems of TSC

Post by SonicFreak! December 4th 2010, 12:30 pm

Ok, I tried being active after the "Re-Imaged" thing, but the layout has gotten worse and some forums had all been buried in the "Archies" forum were lots of topics are crammed there.

Not to mention, first suggestion, add a "Feedback/Problem" Forum, because this forum lacks it.

Activity here is pathetic, nearly 900 members and what? Only 11 barely active members???
    My forum has about 180 members and we have more than 20 daily members connecting and average of 4-6 members online!

You know how many I see online?
    Only me or admin Zezima who sits there.
    Which reminds me how much the admin failed to keep up with affiliation requests.

Yes, I know TSC is a forum meant for Sonic discussion.
    Respected and understood.
    But I can't stand this short and limited layout.
    Forums need to be expanded.
    Have a "Feedback forum" have a more broader Sonic gaming forum instead of focused off topic discussions about other console video games.

No matter how much you change your look, this activity and content will always lack the Sonic quality.

And if you wanna know what I mean, take a small peep at my forum and see what I mean.
    And it's even sad, despite how long and how much members you guys have, my forum surpassed yours in forumotion board ranking with activity.

This community could use a better "Sonic Quality" community.
    Add some Sonic contest and do a refresh of all forums.
    Put all topics in the basket and allow fresh ones to start.
    I'm tired seeing the same topic recycled over and over again that been out for more than a month.

And why am I here?
    Because I originally signed up for Sonic quality discussion and activity, but I tried TSC and you guys failed to deliver that ever since the Sonic stuff started to go down the toilet over the years.

I am simply trying to bring my input (I am probably being a bit hard or harsh, but it's true) to make this forum better for the pure Sonic fans to enjoy.

*Edit*

If you wanna know what I mean by Sonic Quality and discussion, simply ask, I am willing to help more for TSC.
    This member count and potential could exceed and be better than this.
    Honestly!
    Erazor
    Erazor

Problems of TSC Imagee10

Problems of TSC Blackr10Problems of TSC Medalw11Problems of TSC Medalg10Problems of TSC White10Problems of TSC Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

Problems of TSC Empty Re: Problems of TSC

Post by Erazor December 4th 2010, 9:56 pm

First of all, words like "pathetic" and "sad", along with blatant self promotions don't really endear people with any sort of dignity. Peppering the post with "no offense" style statements doesn't help.

Second, the category at the very top of the forum is called TSC News and Discussion. As in, you discuss the site there (i.e. thread moved). Even if the description is a bit vague, no one is going to dispute that site discussion belongs there.

Third, the more active members on the site have openly stated they really don't want to talk about Sonic all of the time, but since they clearly enjoy the company of our forum's members we try to acommodate them.

Lastly, if the forum doesn't meet the astronomical "Sonic Quality" standards yours has obtained, then why post here at all?
    Shade
    Shade

Problems of TSC VOZLn

Problems of TSC Medalw11Problems of TSC Zigzag10Problems of TSC Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade December 5th 2010, 4:55 am

You've given us a lot to think about, SonicFreak.

I'm online every day. OK, I don't post as much as I used to, but I still come online every day. You probably don't see because I'm in a different time zone. And so do Erazor, Auflodern, and other people.

And we talk a lot about Sonic and SEGA. We have two boards dedicated to discussion of the topic. And yeah, we could talk about it more, but we still talk about Sonic a lot.
    Plix
    Plix

Problems of TSC VOZLn

Rep13

Problems of TSC Empty n

Post by Plix December 5th 2010, 2:56 pm

SonicFreak! wrote:Ok, I tried being active after the "Re-Imaged" thing, but the layout has gotten worse and some forums had all been buried in the "Archies" forum were lots of topics are crammed there.

I assume you mean "Archives". That is for threads with problems, suggestions, or questions that have been solved, implemented, and answered. Or threads that just die out and no action is taken. I usually wait about a month, and if a thread has not had a post in that time, it goes to the archives. The issue is always welcome to return if you want to make a new thread, which, by the way, you can do here in our TSC Site And Discussion board.

SonicFreak! wrote:Activity here is pathetic, nearly 900 members and what? Only 11 barely active members???
    My forum has about 180 members and we have more than 20 daily members connecting and average of 4-6 members online!

We do have a lack of activity here from time to time, but people move on, lose interest, have lives, etc. When you sign up here, you don't sign your life away to the place, you register to have discussions, debates, and conversations about whatever, whenever. Just like you, who joined in 2008 yet only have 70 posts. Should we start scolding you for that? Where's your regular activity?

SonicFreak! wrote:Which reminds me how much the admin failed to keep up with affiliation requests.

That's not my area, I wasn't even aware we were still doing those, as I've been in this position for about two months.

SonicFreak! wrote:Yes, I know TSC is a forum meant for Sonic discussion.
    Respected and understood.
    But I can't stand this short and limited layout.
    Forums need to be expanded.
    Have a "Feedback forum" have a more broader Sonic gaming forum instead of focused off topic discussions about other console video games.

No matter how much you change your look, this activity and content will always lack the Sonic quality.

Sonic quality? Who are you kidding? There's thousands of crappy Sonic forums out there that barely scratch over 50 members, and you're saying there's a certain level of quality we should've ascended to by now? Are you kidding me?

Secondly, our layout is the way it is because back when we had dedicated character, game, and media boards for Sonic alone they couldn't keep themselves alive. We're talking like five posts a month for some them. So we consolidated. It did fine for awhile, and then died down. Then we consolidated. Here we are. We're hardly a Sonic board anymore, more like a General Discussion board.

And once again, site discussion and news (which includes feedback) can go here in our TSC Site And Discussion board.

SonicFreak! wrote:And if you wanna know what I mean, take a small peep at my forum and see what I mean.
    And it's even sad, despite how long and how much members you guys have, my forum surpassed yours in forumotion board ranking with activity.

So we're supposed to copy your layout, rules, and look because you do it right and we do it all wrong?

SonicFreak! wrote:This community could use a better "Sonic Quality" community.
    Add some Sonic contest and do a refresh of all forums.
    Put all topics in the basket and allow fresh ones to start.
    I'm tired seeing the same topic recycled over and over again that been out for more than a month.

If you don't like what we talk about here, then you have two options:

1.) Talk about something else.

2.) Leave.

And contests are always welcome, but I for sure don't have anything of interest to give away, and that's not up to me anyways.

And you're contradicting yourself. First you complain about too many threads being crammed into Archives (yet they weren't even active), and now you want us to throw away everything, even the active threads and start anew?

SonicFreak! wrote:And why am I here?
    Because I originally signed up for Sonic quality discussion and activity, but I tried TSC and you guys failed to deliver that ever since the Sonic stuff started to go down the toilet over the years.

I am simply trying to bring my input (I am probably being a bit hard or harsh, but it's true) to make this forum better for the pure Sonic fans to enjoy.

*Edit*

If you wanna know what I mean by Sonic Quality and discussion, simply ask, I am willing to help more for TSC.
    This member count and potential could exceed and be better than this.
    Honestly!

Thanks for your input, but I don't take kindly to someone who's posted here 70 times in almost two years that randomly comes out of nowhere only to blast and put down everything here with words like "pathetic" and "sad". The layout we have now is something I've done, after changing our last layout. So this is personal.

Talk nicely or go back to where you came from. We have plenty of Sonic and off topic discussion opportunities here, just not enough to have forty eleven boards for every topic.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Problems of TSC Imagee10

Problems of TSC Medalw11Problems of TSC White10Problems of TSC Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh December 5th 2010, 9:33 pm

You can't really blame Zez or any of the admins for the low activity. Blame people like me, the member, who gets lazy and never shows effort to participate in this amazing forum.
    sykog
    sykog

Problems of TSC Imagee10

Problems of TSC Blackr10Problems of TSC Medalw11Problems of TSC Medalg10Problems of TSC Zigzag10Problems of TSC Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 10th 2010, 2:48 am

Is this the only reason you ever come here? To complain and advertise for your site?
    Jaded Jirachi
    Jaded Jirachi

Problems of TSC GOMM8

Problems of TSC Medal13

Rep0

Post by Jaded Jirachi December 12th 2010, 1:17 pm

I feel this post was stupid because you act like it's damn easy to get active members. I know Zezima, well, I know him enough to know that he advertises a lot. And also, ranting doesn't help, it makes matters worse. Kthxbai ;)
    Plix
    Plix

Problems of TSC VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix December 13th 2010, 4:55 pm

Ok, pretty much everyone agrees that is thread = pointless. Bye bye

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content