The ancient lands.

5 posters

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session

Poll

Will Sonic 4's Feedback Help?

[ 4 ]
    TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Bar_le11100%TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Bar_ri11 [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Bar_le110%TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Bar_ri11 [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session VOZLn

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medalw11TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medalg10TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Zigzag10TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medal13

Rep2

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Empty TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session

Post by Gamma The Great December 15th 2010, 12:46 am

THE GREAT NEWS
    [Sonic Games Poll #1]

SEGA plans on using the downtime between episodes I and II to have as space for feedback from fans who played episode I. Do you believe this will actually provide SEGA with useful insight on how to improve episode II, or will it sink with the fanbase's fractured mindset and irresolute opinionation? 1 choice selection only, no vote canceling.
    Phantom
    Phantom

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medal13

: Male
     Rep11

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Empty Re: TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session

Post by Phantom December 15th 2010, 11:06 pm

There are some who do have completely offbeat expectations (Bring back classic Sonic! Put my fan recolor character in it!), but I believe that a professional game designer would know what to look for in all kinds of critiques that would be actually useful in improving the quality of a game. It depends on who's asking and who's listening. I'm sure there might be someone out there who wants to see Episode II improve in every way, and others who just want their own selfish whims fulfilled to the letter.

Edit: That said, what channels would one go to in order to voice feedback (aside from the Sega forums)?
    Erazor
    Erazor

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Imagee10

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Blackr10TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medalw11TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medalg10TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session White10TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medal13

Rep22

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Empty Re: TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session

Post by Erazor December 15th 2010, 11:56 pm

Sega will probably take in some of the feedback. Mainly because, for the most part, critical and fan opinions are basically the same. Most think it's a good game. Most think the final boss is a pain in the a$$. And most think that the physics weren't right.

Considering that nearly everyone had basically the same minor problems, Sega really can't ignore the opportunity to fix them.

So yeah, I think that if Sega does take advantage of the downtime, instead of spending it jerking off like they did with PS3 version of 06, it could improve the game.
    Shade
    Shade

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medalw11TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Zigzag10TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade December 18th 2010, 4:29 am

Of course the feedback will help.

It's through the feedback that SEGA knows where to improve their games.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Imagee10

TGN Poll - Sonic 4's Feedback Session Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy December 20th 2010, 6:30 am

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/12/01/why-companies-shouldnt-listen-to-customers.aspx

Not saying that sega shouldn't listen to customers... They should take the time to understand what the players want but should also innovate and go beyond fulfilling immediate requests/suggestions.
    Not to mention that fans (not just the sonic fan base) have many selfish morons amongst them... I see the sonic 4 reviews in the app store... The buyers that give the game one star (out of five) complain about how sonic comes to a halt when he spin dashes off a cliff. To give one star for such a great game and for something so minor, so specific, is just selfish if you ask me.

All in all I agree with Phantom. It depends on who's asking and who's listening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content