The ancient lands.

4 posters

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service)

Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) WFmvl

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep0

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Empty GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service)

Post by Cy-Fox January 9th 2011, 2:46 am

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) GOG

GOG.com is a division of CD Projekt, a Polish game publisher/developer, whose CD Projekt Red is known widely for the "Witcher" RPG series. GOG basically licenses classic games from other publishers, removes whatever digital rights management (DRM) systems that are in place and provides a layer of compatibility for newer operating systems, all for a couple price points: $5.99 and $9.99 (Though they usually have weekend sales and promotions). There's also a few freebies to pick up. GOG also likes to pepper its releases with bonus content such as wallpapers, full game soundtracks, avatars, game art, strategy guides and all sorts of other things. And there's no download limits!

So now you're probably going to say Okay Cy, this sounds pretty good. But what games do they have that could draw me in?.

Let's see:
    Fallout series (Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics)
    Duke Nukem series (Duke Nukem 3D Atomic and Manhattan Project)
    Far Cry
    Serious Sam series (Original versions)
    Postal series (a personal favorite)
    Empire Earth series (Empire Earth, Empire Earth II and regrettably, Empire Earth III)
    Unreal series (Unreal, Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004)
    Jagged Alliance series
    Gabriel Knight series
    Space Quest series
    King's Quest series
    The Witcher 2 (with no DRM and free GOGs)
    Descent series (Descent, Descent 2 and Descent 3)
    Commandos series
    Dungeons & Dragons series (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil, Neverwinter Nights)
    Might and Magic series (Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic)
    and the Tex Murphy series (Mean Streets, Martian Memorandum, Under A Killing Moon, the Pandora Directive and Tex Murphy Overseer)

In fact, let's take a look at the Fallout series as released on GOG, compared to Steam:

Steam
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics: $29.97 together ($9.99 apiece)
    No bonus content
    Requires Steam client to run

GOG
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics: $17.97 together ($5.99 apiece)
    Soundtracks, avatars, Fallout development bible, manuals, avatars, reference cards and specifically on Fallout Tactics: the Fallout Tactics Warfare tabletop game
    No client required to run

So poke through it. I'll bet you'll find a few forgotten gems. Just remember who sent you.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Imagee10

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Medalg10

Rep9

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Empty Re: GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service)

Post by karkooshy January 11th 2011, 4:37 pm

Hoping the mac app store gets quality games like this xD
    I don't feel comfortable giving away credit information to the internet :P
    Never have, never will.

Aside from that,
    looks like a brilliant site :)

As a side note; I really love the website's design ^^
    Shade
    Shade

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) VOZLn

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Medalw11GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Zigzag10GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Medal13

Rep2

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) Empty Re: GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service)

Post by Shade January 23rd 2011, 11:41 am

Nice! There's some good games there, (like Dungeons and Dragons)

and the Steam games are really good too
    Kendostudio
    Kendostudio

GOG: Good Old Games (Digital Download Service) WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kendostudio July 20th 2012, 12:48 pm

This is the best website and digital download store I've ever used (along with Steam and Playstation Network), they have a ton of games. Hell most of the PC games I own are from GOG.