PSP2 announced

Doodle
    Doodle

PSP2 announced Kz2PK

Rep5

PSP2 announced Empty PSP2 announced

Post by Doodle January 27th 2011, 10:41 am

http://kotaku.com/5744485/the-psp-2-revealed?skyline=true&s=i

I don't really know much more than this because I really don't give a damn about Sony or the PSP.

It has the sixaxis controls the PS3 misused horribly, which probably means the launch will be filled with atrociousness
    Doodle
    Doodle

PSP2 announced Kz2PK

Rep5

PSP2 announced Empty Re: PSP2 announced

Post by Doodle January 27th 2011, 2:37 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6287034.html

Price will likely be $300-$350 stateside.
    Shade
    Shade

PSP2 announced VOZLn

PSP2 announced Medalw11PSP2 announced Zigzag10PSP2 announced Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Post by Shade January 28th 2011, 12:04 pm

Hmm.... Is it intended as a rival for the 3DS or something?

In which case, will it have 3D?
    Doodle
    Doodle

PSP2 announced Kz2PK

Rep5

Post by Doodle January 28th 2011, 12:09 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:Hmm.... Is it intended as a rival for the 3DS or something?

Sony's not that stupid; negative publicity and internet backlash abound will rise up if they rip off their competitor's main feature before it even gets released.
    Shade
    Shade

PSP2 announced VOZLn

PSP2 announced Medalw11PSP2 announced Zigzag10PSP2 announced Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade January 28th 2011, 12:11 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:Hmm.... Is it intended as a rival for the 3DS or something?

Sony's not that stupid; negative publicity and internet backlash abound will rise up if they rip off their competitor's main feature before it even gets released.

OK, so it will just be another PSP, then?

With maybe slightly better graphics than PSP1?

I'm disappointed...
    Doodle
    Doodle

PSP2 announced Kz2PK

Rep5

Post by Doodle January 28th 2011, 12:30 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Suspicious Bush wrote:

OK, so it will just be another PSP, then?

With maybe slightly better graphics than PSP1?

I'm disappointed...
    Pretty much.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

PSP2 announced Imagee10

PSP2 announced Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy January 29th 2011, 10:41 am

They say it has the power to render PS3 graphics... and it's got a touch screen to compete against apple's devices (although I never really considered apple to be a gaming company)
    However, I doubt it'll have a chance against the 3DS unless it is priced competitively- not to mention that it'll be released AFTER the 3DS... so customers will expect more from it.
    Good luck Sony xD
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PSP2 announced VOZLn

PSP2 announced Medalw11PSP2 announced Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 January 30th 2011, 8:31 pm

Well, Sony has finally shown it. It's codenamed "NGP" for, well, "Next Generation Portable". Supposedly, the graphics are supposed to rival that of the PS3, and it'll have two sticks instead of the one that the PSP had. It'll have a touch screen, like the DS or iPod Touch/Phone. There's the LiveArea, which is basically a hub, and like you said, Joe, it'll be six-axis. It's bigger than the PSP-3000, too. Ryan Clements from IGN called it "sexy". Yep.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/114/1146358p1.html
    Doodle
    Doodle

PSP2 announced Kz2PK

Rep5

Post by Doodle January 30th 2011, 8:37 pm

That article is old.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

PSP2 announced Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 3rd 2011, 8:16 am

I would always choose Nintendo handhelds over PS. Better games IMO.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PSP2 announced VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 4th 2011, 10:19 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:That article is old.

Well, I'm old. And I'm also quite terrible at making comebacks.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

PSP2 announced WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa February 5th 2011, 11:21 am

I like the PSP so I'll play the NGP when the time comes (want the 3DS first).
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

PSP2 announced WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 13th 2011, 7:52 pm

Knowing Sony, they more than likely expect slow sales during the first few years, and then for it to speed up, as the PS3 did. You may be thinking that I think the NGP will be a portable PS3. It wont, but we can tell that it's trying to be, with the majority of its line up being ports from the PS3. I believe that this portable will have the same fate as the PSP Go honestly. And Sony will be fine with that, as they stated a year or so ago that they were satisfied with the PSP Go's sales.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

PSP2 announced Imagee10

PSP2 announced Blackr10PSP2 announced Medalw11PSP2 announced Zigzag10PSP2 announced White10PSP2 announced Medal13PSP2 announced Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 13th 2011, 11:39 pm

Schismatist wrote:Knowing Sony, they more than likely expect slow sales during the first few years, and then for it to speed up, as the PS3 did. You may be thinking that I think the NGP will be a portable PS3. It wont, but we can tell that it's trying to be, with the majority of its line up being ports from the PS3. I believe that this portable will have the same fate as the PSP Go honestly. And Sony will be fine with that, as they stated a year or so ago that they were satisfied with the PSP Go's sales.
    People bought that crap?
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

PSP2 announced WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 14th 2011, 12:29 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:Knowing Sony, they more than likely expect slow sales during the first few years, and then for it to speed up, as the PS3 did. You may be thinking that I think the NGP will be a portable PS3. It wont, but we can tell that it's trying to be, with the majority of its line up being ports from the PS3. I believe that this portable will have the same fate as the PSP Go honestly. And Sony will be fine with that, as they stated a year or so ago that they were satisfied with the PSP Go's sales.
    People bought that crap?
    Yes, only the PSP Go is actually better than the original PSP(The PSP probably would've done better if it was all digital download from the start actually.)
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PSP2 announced VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 21st 2011, 9:58 am

Schismatist wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:People bought that crap?
    Yes, only the PSP Go is actually better than the original PSP(The PSP probably would've done better if it was all digital download from the start actually.)

I dunno....would you guys rather have real cartridge/disc based formats to buy games? Or would you rather digitally download them?
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

PSP2 announced WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 21st 2011, 12:21 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:

I dunno....would you guys rather have real cartridge/disc based formats to buy games? Or would you rather digitally download them?
    It doesn't really matter to me, the only company that I hope stays with the cartridge/disc format is Nintendo, for some reason opening up a game case and putting the game into the system always gave me a nostalgic feel. That's probably because I grew up with a lot of older consoles.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PSP2 announced VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 23rd 2011, 5:32 pm

Schismatist wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:

It doesn't really matter to me, the only company that I hope stays with the cartridge/disc format is Nintendo, for some reason opening up a game case and putting the game into the system always gave me a nostalgic feel. That's probably because I grew up with a lot of older consoles.

I'm with you, man. The moment you start up a game just feels exciting, in my opinion.

Some other questions: do you think the battery life will be acceptable? I mean, the 3DS is supposed to only have a 3-5 hour battery life. Do you think that it should be higher?
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

PSP2 announced WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 27th 2011, 2:57 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:

I'm with you, man. The moment you start up a game just feels exciting, in my opinion.

Some other questions: do you think the battery life will be acceptable? I mean, the 3DS is supposed to only have a 3-5 hour battery life. Do you think that it should be higher?
    That depends, do you sit in one area for 3 to 5 hours that isn't close to a outlet? Well, There are devices that you can connect to the back of your DSi to give it another 6 hours, I'll see if it works on the 3DS when it comes out.
    Jmh
    Jmh

PSP2 announced Imagee10

PSP2 announced Medalw11PSP2 announced White10PSP2 announced Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 9th 2011, 1:32 am

Well considering I've never owned a single PSP and don't have a PS3 yet I think I'll have to sit this one out (Falco reference).
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PSP2 announced VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 9th 2011, 6:51 pm

Jmh wrote:Well considering I've never owned a single PSP and don't have a PS3 yet I think I'll have to sit this one out (Falco reference).

Well, from what I've seen of the PSP, it's okay. The controls aren't the best around(darn little thumb-stick control thing). There are, among some bad titles, some very good titles, such as Valkyria Chronicles 2, God of War(Ghost of Sparta/Chains of Olympus), Metal Gear Solid(Portable Ops/Peace Walker), Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and Patapon. There are ports from the PS2, like Persona 3 Portable. Some of the cool things about the PSP is that it apparently uses Skype, can play old PS1 games(if you buy them off PSN, though), watch movies, etc.
    The PS3 is also a great console. With a pretty good interface, controls(though L2 and R2 buttons can be very annoying sometimes), graphics, etc. In terms of games, the PS3 has a great library with Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, God of War(Collection and 3), etc. Though it doesn't have Skype, the console still has the PSN, Netflix, and other doohickeys. Of course, the Xbox 360 also features most of what the PS3 has to offer, and also has a great library too. So...it really depends on you.
    Also, nice reference. :D
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

PSP2 announced WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Schismatist March 11th 2011, 1:12 am

Oh God, Peace Walker is a MUST HAVE for PSP owners.
    Jmh
    Jmh

PSP2 announced Imagee10

PSP2 announced Medalw11PSP2 announced White10PSP2 announced Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 11th 2011, 4:59 pm

@Bob: Thanks.

@SuperClassic: METAL GEAR?!?

Sponsored content