Plix
    Plix

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Empty Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II

Post by Plix February 27th 2011, 2:43 pm

http://www.segabits.com/?p=8394

What do you want to see in Sonic 4: Episode 2?
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Kz2PK

Rep7

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Empty Re: Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 27th 2011, 3:28 pm

1. black eyed Sonic (the original)
    2. old Eggman
    3. not a remake, an actual new game with new levels and bosses
    4. Not spend 15 dollars (or whatever it cost)

Although I must admit these reasons were why I veered away from playing Sonic 4 in the first place.
    T-Man
    T-Man

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II WFmvl

Rep0

Post by T-Man February 27th 2011, 3:40 pm

New stage themes, better physics, Tails and Knuckles as playable characters and less automation.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix February 27th 2011, 3:44 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:1. black eyed Sonic (the original)
    2. old Eggman

Although I must admit these reasons were why I veered away from playing Sonic 4 in the first place.

The first two.

It's Robotnik, not Eggman, I wish they'd have never changed it.

And the first one is nowhere NEAR a reason not to buy a video game. :/
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Imagee10

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy February 27th 2011, 4:04 pm

-New levels
    -Multiplayer... i.e tails and sonic... :)
    -Cheaper price (10$ for the consoles, 5$ for the iOS)
    -Ported to more systems... I'm a hardcore apple fan, but even I admit that it was stupid to port the game to the iPhone... they should've made it available to other systems like the PSP or the nintendo handhelds.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 27th 2011, 6:22 pm

SEGA Dude wrote:
    2. old Eggman

The first two.

I didn't refuse to buy Sonic 4 because of reason 1 or 2 (eye color and not having the old Robotnik), despite them being highly controversial.

The reason I didn't buy Sonic 4 was because of my 3rd and 4rth reasons. I thought it wasn't worth to buy a 2D game that is basically a remake. also, the classics no longer appeal to me in the modern day (I'll still play the old ones for memories, but in this day and age they are clearly outdated).

Rush series is better and more enjoyable IMO. You get the full game and there are 3D bosses and side quests (Rush Adventure).

The eye color and the new Eggman mishap in Sonic 4 are issues, but they weren't the reasons I didn't buy the game. They're just added complaints to put icing on the cake. If rules 3 and 4 didn't apply, I'd possibly get the game and play it. I'd still complain about reasons 1 and 2, but they wouldn't stop me from purchasing the game. $15 for an outdated unfinished remake will however.
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 27th 2011, 9:32 pm

SEGA Dude wrote:
    2. old Eggman

The first two.

If someone wishes for Eggman to be called "Robotnik", thinking that it'd make the games more classic, they probably lack knowledge about Sonic 2.
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II 240px-WingFortressEggman
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    SEGA Dude wrote:

The first two.

I didn't refuse to buy Sonic 4 because of reason 1 or 2 (eye color and not having the old Robotnik), despite them being highly controversial.

The reason I didn't buy Sonic 4 was because of my 3rd and 4rth reasons. I thought it wasn't worth to buy a 2D game that is basically a remake. also, the classics no longer appeal to me in the modern day (I'll still play the old ones for memories, but in this day and age they are clearly outdated).

Rush series is better and more enjoyable IMO. You get the full game and there are 3D bosses and side quests (Rush Adventure).

The eye color and the new Eggman mishap in Sonic 4 are issues, but they weren't the reasons I didn't buy the game. They're just added complaints to put icing on the cake. If rules 3 and 4 didn't apply, I'd possibly get the game and play it. I'd still complain about reasons 1 and 2, but they wouldn't stop me from purchasing the game. $15 for an outdated unfinished remake will however.
    If Sega does something right it's not making the same damn mistake twice. Eye color and new Eggman are not issues, but development, you're looking for continuity in a series that, frankly, doesn't give a crap about it.
    T-Man wrote:New stage themes, better physics, Tails and Knuckles as playable characters and less automation.
    Glad to see my convincing attitude made you log on again.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom February 27th 2011, 10:23 pm

I'd ask for more variety in the levels, each one with a theme that either hasn't ever been done before in a Sonic game or stylistically could work alongside the classics. Controls could use some work, especially the "dropping like a stone in midair" part that had thrown me off on several occasions.

With the big reveal in the end of E1, that means a lot of potential for some seriously amazing Boss battles. I'd like some variety in those as well.

I didn't have an issue with the price of the game (I've seen other games of comparable length selling for a lot more than that).
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 27th 2011, 10:26 pm

Schismatist wrote:
    SEGA Dude wrote:

The first two.

If someone wishes for Eggman to be called "Robotnik", thinking that it'd make the games more classic, they probably lack knowledge about Sonic 2.
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II 240px-WingFortressEggman
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

If Sega does something right it's not making the same damn mistake twice. Eye color and new Eggman are not issues, but development, you're looking for continuity in a series that, frankly, doesn't give a crap about it.
    T-Man wrote:New stage themes, better physics, Tails and Knuckles as playable characters and less automation.
    Glad to see my convincing attitude made you log on again.

I'd have to agree with your comment against mine. I really am the only one who takes this eye color/ old Eggman and Robotnik (interchangeable names, yes, but Robotnik is more renowned of old in America) seriously. Seeing as I know these two things are no way going to change, I probably shouldn't have even added them to the list. However, they still are issues that I find worth of mentioning whether applicable or not.

I can't comment on the game then as I haven't played it, but yes, development matters more to a general audience seeing as my concerns will be undoubtfully be overlooked by Sega.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Imagee10

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Blackr10Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Medalw11Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Zigzag10Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II White10Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Medal13Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 28th 2011, 7:13 am

Not Sonic 4:2
    chaosenchantment
    chaosenchantment

Rep0

Post by chaosenchantment February 28th 2011, 8:48 pm

Cancel the episodes, combine all four (or however many) into one full retail release on a full DVD for all consoles and charge full price (making it worth full price of course, I don't want "cheap" Sonic games) and also yeah make it classic Sonic VS Robotnik.
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 28th 2011, 9:46 pm

chaosenchantment wrote:Cancel the episodes, combine all four (or however many) into one full retail release on a full DVD for all consoles and charge full price (making it worth full price of course, I don't want "cheap" Sonic games) and also yeah make it classic Sonic VS Robotnik.
    First off, it'd be STUPID of them to make it a retail game, they wouldn't get enough sales. And the Classic Sonic VS. Robotnik? Oh, you mean Sonic and Eggman's original designs. Yeah, not going to happen, if it's just for nostalgia then you're going to get very, very little. The only thing that needs to be improved is the physics and level design in order for this to seem like a true sequel.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 March 1st 2011, 8:59 pm

chaosenchantment wrote:Cancel the episodes, combine all four (or however many) into one full retail release on a full DVD for all consoles and charge full price (making it worth full price of course, I don't want "cheap" Sonic games) and also yeah make it classic Sonic VS Robotnik.
    Actually, I agree with this. I'd consider buying the game if it were all together (then I could just dislike one game as opposed to three or four or however many there would be episodes). Having it separated is just stupid. It makes it even less of a real game that way. If they want it to be a classic (which it clearly isn't by many means), how about sell it like one?
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist March 1st 2011, 9:31 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Actually, I agree with this. I'd consider buying the game if it were all together (then I could just dislike one game as opposed to three or four or however many there would be episodes). Having it separated is just stupid. It makes it even less of a real game that way. If they want it to be a classic (which it clearly isn't by many means), how about sell it like one?
    Because it means less money. Sega isn't just in it for the classic fans, they shouldn't be. They should be(and are) trying to appeal to everyone, just as Mario does.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Rep1

Post by Stranger March 1st 2011, 10:39 pm

2. old Eggman

The first two!

Are as likely to happen as Shadow becoming a playable character.

I agree with three, but "not spend 15 dollars"? Sega made you spend $15 on this? Perhaps you meant to say "Either lower the price, or give us enough content to justify the $15 price."

Oh sweet Moses the automation... it was the final straw in that game for me. Boosters and springs all over the place. Faecpalm
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist March 2nd 2011, 12:08 am

Stranger wrote:
    2. old Eggman

The first two!

Are as likely to happen as Shadow becoming a playable character.

I agree with three, but "not spend 15 dollars"? Sega made you spend $15 on this? Perhaps you meant to say "Either lower the price, or give us enough content to justify the $15 price."

Oh sweet Moses the automation... it was the final straw in that game for me. Boosters and springs all over the place. Faecpalm
    Because of Sonic 4's amazing level design, we can now press A to win.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 March 2nd 2011, 12:55 pm

Schismatist wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Because it means less money. Sega isn't just in it for the classic fans, they shouldn't be. They should be(and are) trying to appeal to everyone, just as Mario does.
    I don't care for Mario. I liked Sonic the way he was. He already appealed to everyone.
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist March 2nd 2011, 5:06 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:
    I don't care for Mario. I liked Sonic the way he was. He already appealed to everyone.
    .... Yes, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Sonic Unleashed were just everyone's cup of tea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content