Sonic X-treme

Mephiles550
    Mephiles550

Sonic X-treme WFmvl

: Male
     Rep6

Sonic X-treme Empty Sonic X-treme

Post by Mephiles550 August 4th 2011, 6:19 pm

You better take out yo reading glasses mah boi...

Any one else thought about sonic X-treme? I did....A LOT. It was such an interesting concept but It never saw the light of day. Out of all the games cancelled for sonic this was the only was I actually cared about. Most of you only heard of the Pc demo song
    "SPACE QUEENS" Which was the song used in almost all of the games youtube vids. The entire soundtrack for the game was released and you can find it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2zxjfnxdmnj

There were many plots for the game but the one most people use involved a character called "Tiara Boobowski"
    Sonic X-treme Sxc_tiara0
    She was going to be sonic's love interest in the game and one of the 4 playable characters. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, And her. Go here for more info:
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_X-treme

Here's sonic videos of sonic X-treme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpfMxNi5bAI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh7qUC3MJ_w&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
    The MP3 used in the vid above (Low quality sorry)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiddH0rlVPM&feature=related
    the "new paths" demo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klk0XQbnUoA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The saturn version was cancelled in 1996 and chris senn (one of the developers) wanted to Make a PC port which would have much better framrate then the saturn would give it. Those were the "lost worlds" and "New paths" above. This is what I can get from the gameplay:

-These gameplay vids are in their inbetween Beta/Alpha stages most likely.
    -Destroying badniks gives you rings instead of freeing a flicky.
    -The spindash works similiar to the Generations classic spindash if it was in 3d.
    -You got points from signs with numbers. the 50 object probably meant 500 or 5000 points.
    -The only known power up's were the invincibilty and the 1-up (if the 1-up even counts) The power ups instead of tv's or the adventure-06 counterparts, Were actually floating sphericalish objects that were labeled with pictures. The invincibility power up icon was actually sonic's face which is weird since I would think that would be for the 1-up only.
    -You COULD roll into a ball
    -The level designs look almost EXACTLY like a classic sonic games level design if it went into 3d. Whether that was good or not.
    -It was more based on slower platforming then speed. Except for the final stretch of the levels like in the death egg or crystal frost.
    -Remember the Sonic worlds in sonic jam? The engine used for sonic world was what generations was going to play like. The Fisheye engine was to hard to code for but even so I personally perfer the uniqueness of the fisheye engine over the Sonic world engine.
    -Adventure 1 was actually going to come to the saturn codenamed as sonic RPG. It was scrapped and dont for the dreamcast instead.
    -I'm pretty sure the objects in the video like power ups,badniks,sonic, ext are 3d sprites. NOT models.
    -Water would probably kill you if it was deep enough even if you could platform your way out of it. (LMAO they've been doing it since the 90's then XD)
    -Rings arn't exactly common to find.
    -The gameplay was similar to mario galaxy in a way and It was also supposed to have gravity platforming and 360 camera angles.
    -You couldn't jump off the edge. It was either an invisible wall or you either fell off the map forever with no consequence or no way to get back up. Meaning you wouldn't die but it would be an endless fall. If you've ever used noclip in a game before you probably know what I mean.
    -Fang and Metal sonic were supposed to be in the game as bosses. Bosses were Large probably getting players used to the 3d perspective.
    -You could use the ring dash. I'm not sure about this one but a trail of rings appears around the boss's in a smooth fashion that sonic can use to travel on.
    -Here's pic's of Fang, Metal sonic, and one of the boxarts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE9FIrMtuuE
    -There was more then one box art made for the game-
    Sonic X-treme Sxc_cover_concept
    Sonic X-treme Sonic_X-treme_Coverart
    Sonic X-treme Sonic_Xtreme_cover_v2
    -Sonic was going to have an attack that would allow him to shoot his quails as projectiles at enemys.
    -The game was originally going to be made on the megadrive/genesis and 32x instead being called "sonic mars" http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Mars
    -The loading screen was going to be sonic's head with the sega saturn logo ring around him. Implying that this is specifically on the Sega saturn.

What do you think about Sonic X-treme and what would it have done for sonic if it was released? (you BETTER reply I've been working on this topic for around half an hour X_O)

If you have a question about the game then ask me and i'll see if I can help.

Also the Sonic X-treme 718 saturn tech demo was released. You can get it here-
    http://www.sonic-xtreme.com/

you'll need a emulator like SSF to run it though. I've never installed a saturn emulator before So I can't really help you with this. Here's the SSF emulator: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/ssf.html

This might be able to help you install the SSF emulator. No promises. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFOo-PipIs

Enjoy!
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic X-treme Imagee10

Sonic X-treme Blackr10Sonic X-treme Medalw11Sonic X-treme Zigzag10Sonic X-treme White10Sonic X-treme Medal13Sonic X-treme Medalg10

Rep35

Sonic X-treme Empty Re: Sonic X-treme

Post by NeoMetalSonic August 4th 2011, 7:12 pm

Did that group ever finish that game?
    Mephiles550
    Mephiles550

Sonic X-treme WFmvl

Rep6

Post by Mephiles550 August 4th 2011, 9:04 pm

Probably not yet. I dont think so at least.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic X-treme Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 5th 2011, 4:06 pm

I would love to see this made. Much better than the stuff we've been getting today.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic X-treme Imagee10

Sonic X-treme Blackr10Sonic X-treme Medalw11Sonic X-treme Zigzag10Sonic X-treme White10Sonic X-treme Medal13Sonic X-treme Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic August 5th 2011, 11:13 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:Probably not yet. I dont think so at least.
    Not even a Demo?
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran August 5th 2011, 11:43 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Not even a Demo?
    This may be the only Demo you're getting for a while:

Sonic X-treme Demoman_spray
    Mephiles550
    Mephiles550

Sonic X-treme WFmvl

Rep6

Post by Mephiles550 August 6th 2011, 12:24 am

Mly wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:Not even a Demo?
    This may be the only Demo you're getting for a while:

Sonic X-treme Demoman_spray

...OR you could just get the 718 tech demo instead....
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic X-treme Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 9:15 pm

Now this game would be worth a 20th anniversary game. At least its expectations would.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Sonic X-treme GOMM8

Rep6

Post by T@ilz August 18th 2011, 2:39 pm

While it's not likely I hope this creative game concept is brought back for a new Sonic game. It looks very good. But trippy at the same time.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Sonic X-treme GOMM8

Sonic X-treme Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 18th 2011, 3:02 pm

T@ilz wrote:While it's not likely I hope this creative game concept is brought back for a new Sonic game. It looks very good. But trippy at the same time.

Just makes it more challenging to control in a way that isn't cheap.

In other words, fun.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic X-treme Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 18th 2011, 4:05 pm

T@ilz wrote:While it's not likely I hope this creative game concept is brought back for a new Sonic game. It looks very good. But trippy at the same time.

This guy has been saying a lot of great stuff.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Sonic X-treme GOMM8

Rep6

Post by T@ilz August 18th 2011, 9:07 pm

Hushimo wrote:

In other words, fun.
    Exactly. You know, it seriously reminds me of Klonoa, only it's not a sidescroller. This seems like it would make a better anniversary game than Generations.

Sonic X-treme VOZLn

Sonic X-treme Blackr10Sonic X-treme Medal13Sonic X-treme Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 August 18th 2011, 9:37 pm

Tiara Boobowski

not to be weird but the last name... come on, really?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic X-treme Imagee10

Sonic X-treme Blackr10Sonic X-treme Medalw11Sonic X-treme Medalg10Sonic X-treme White10Sonic X-treme Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 19th 2011, 12:38 am

Supersonic84 wrote:Tiara Boobowski

not to be weird but the last name... come on, really?
    Well, think of the times. Characters were all named after traits. Knuckles, Tails, and then Boobs.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic X-treme Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 19th 2011, 6:42 am

T@ilz wrote:
    Hushimo wrote:

In other words, fun.
    Exactly. You know, it seriously reminds me of Klonoa, only it's not a sidescroller. This seems like it would make a better anniversary game than Generations.

Oh, I completely agree. I'd rather have Extreme as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content