Sir Bedivere
7 posters

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games

Sir Bedivere
    Sir Bedivere

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games WFmvl

: Male
     Rep1

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Empty Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games

Post by Sir Bedivere August 8th 2011, 5:03 am

So I buy Sonic & The Black Knight, bring it home, play for about a week, but no matter how hard I try, I always fail on the King Arthur boss on Faraway Avalon.

A year later, I come back to the game, make a new profile and BEAT THE WHOLE GAME IN THREE DAYS.

A similar thing happened when I got Shadow The Hedgehog.

I buy it, bring it home, and play it until I get to the Egg Breaker (took about two weeks). I fail every time.

Then I come back to the game a few months later and continue to beat five different story endings in about a week and a half.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games GOMM8

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medal13

Rep38

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Empty Re: Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games

Post by Hushimo August 8th 2011, 7:03 am

Belongs in Sonic games. Moved.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Imagee10

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medalw11Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medal13

Rep20

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Empty Re: Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games

Post by Nuva August 8th 2011, 8:05 pm

I often have that experience, only with pretty much any game I play. Probably a reason out there.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Blackr10Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medalw11Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medalg10Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games White10Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 8th 2011, 9:17 pm

A similar thing happened to me in Final Fantasy XII. I stopped playing it for years. Then I came back to it and beat it in a few months (long-ass game). I just blame it on me being younger and having know idea how to strategize.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medalw11Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva August 8th 2011, 10:08 pm

This reminds me of Donkey Kong Country (the original) strangely enough. I played it all the time when I was little, and made it pretty far. Now, 10 or so years later, I watched a video of that game again, and it is insanely hard. I must of been crazy good at games when I was little because some of those levels I wondered whether I could do them now...
    Phantom
    Phantom

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games VOZLn

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom August 10th 2011, 1:29 pm

When my brother and I were taking turns playing Sonic 3, he failed on a Special Stage, and kept screeching in a shrill voice "I-PRESSED-TURN! I-PRESSED-TURN!" Then I had a turn at that particular Special Stage, and completed it. I turned to him and said "I pressed turn!"
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games ZtZYh

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Blackr10Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medalw11Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Zigzag10Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games White10Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Medal13Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 10th 2011, 1:49 pm

Yeah, I call it the Gain Experience factor. People have to take a break for years and gain experience before they can take on something, regardless of their age or skill. You'd think you'd be rustier, but instead you do better.

Phantom wrote:When my brother and I were taking turns playing Sonic 3, he failed on a Special Stage, and kept screeching in a shrill voice "I-PRESSED-TURN! I-PRESSED-TURN!" Then I had a turn at that particular Special Stage, and completed it. I turned to him and said "I pressed turn!"
    Laughing
    Link451
    Link451

Two Of The Strangest Fail/Win Moments In My Sonic Games Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 13th 2011, 2:17 am

Hmm... nope, never really happened to me. If I'm determined enough I can always finish a game my first time through. The only times I won't finish is if I get bored of it or don't like it, but I usually can finish it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content