Hushimo
10 posters

Quality Assurance?

Hushimo
    Hushimo

Quality Assurance? GOMM8

Quality Assurance? Medal13

Rep38

Quality Assurance? Empty Quality Assurance?

Post by Hushimo October 4th 2011, 8:00 pm

So I've been wondering, what do the members of TSC here value more, an active, outspoken community with liberal and lenient guidelines, or a more exclusive, higher quality content site that imposes stricter regulations in regards to posting and member expectations. This may seem somewhat irrelevant but it's actually been an issue brought to me on multiple occasions. Some users complain about the lack of discussion taking place, that there isn't enough excitement, while others say that there are too many members registering who don't meet TSC's standards of critical, open-minded thought with decent grammar. While it may seem rather simplistic on the surface to find a compromise between the two, it's a bit more complicated than that. If we want to enjoy more intellectual conversation we're going to have to sacrifice activity and keep tighter control over who's allowed to become a member. If we want hyperactivity you're not going to find a lot of meaningful, worthwhile posts floating around.

My proposed suggestion is that when a new user registers they have limited access to the site, and won't be able to use the private messaging system or join usergroups until approved by the staff, or some similar such committee. To balance out the slower rate of new discussion material, we could also form at the same time a news, or content group whose purpose it is to regularly update certain forums with pertinent conversational pieces and topics. It's not a perfect system, and I'm aware of that, but it won't improve unless I get feedback from the people who really matter, you, the userbase. What do you want most out of TSC? Have a better system? Reply to this topic and let me know. This is a serious topic and unwarranted off-topic banter or sarcastic remarks will be deleted.
    Doodle
    Doodle

Quality Assurance? Kz2PK

Rep5

Quality Assurance? Empty Re: Quality Assurance?

Post by Doodle October 4th 2011, 8:05 pm

Part of the reason why I kind of forgot about this place is because it's flooded with irrelevant people most of the time, I would have a higher chance of staying alive with stricter community restrictions.
    Independence76

Quality Assurance? GOMM8

Quality Assurance? Medalg10Quality Assurance? Medal13

: Male
     Rep4

Post by Independence76 October 4th 2011, 8:05 pm

I would personally suggest it. A site I go to doesn't allow users to access certain forums unless they've made at least 10 posts.
    Link451
    Link451

Quality Assurance? Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 October 4th 2011, 8:17 pm

Well, it's hard for me to completely say because I don't have time to sign on very much. But overall things seem all right, I'd say, there seems to be decent discussion development. Again, though, I don't look at too many threads since I'm not on too much.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Quality Assurance? Imagee10

Quality Assurance? Blackr10Quality Assurance? Medalw11Quality Assurance? Zigzag10Quality Assurance? White10Quality Assurance? Medal13Quality Assurance? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 4th 2011, 8:56 pm

Bah there is nothing worthy of discussion and members don't want to talk about anything

Cut those who are not grateful of things presented to them
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Quality Assurance? ZtZYh

Quality Assurance? Blackr10Quality Assurance? Medalw11Quality Assurance? Zigzag10Quality Assurance? White10Quality Assurance? Medal13Quality Assurance? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 4th 2011, 9:19 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Bah there is nothing worthy of discussion and members don't want to talk about anything
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:Cut those who are not grateful of things presented to them
    That sounds a lot like contradictions.

In any case, I've noticed more discussion seems to happen when we're more lenient with the rules. Even now, we're acting more easy-going, and we've got old members showing themselves, including I76 and Joe. So it seems we're doing what we need to, we just need to have more topics to discuss. I'll be willing to contribute to that again.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Quality Assurance? VOZLn

Quality Assurance? Medal13Quality Assurance? Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 5th 2011, 11:00 am

Well some users just join for the sake of it and don't make any posts so what if a new user comes and doesn't do activity for 7 days from when you join they are banned.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Quality Assurance? Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy October 5th 2011, 12:27 pm

I think Zezima's suggestion is the best compromise.
    It would be pretty dictatorial to ban users based on the quality of their posts. You should award users that post quality with privileges as oppose to punishing the users that don't.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Quality Assurance? Medalw11Quality Assurance? Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva October 8th 2011, 1:06 am

I think it all depends on the specific topic at hand. A post about someone wanting information on a new game being released should have decent posts and constructive comments, whereas something like the random hotel probably doesn't even need proper grammar. The people involved in the conversation should matter too, I'm sure if me and, say, Tech Man got into a conversation about our favorite game, and we started babbling nonsense, I'm sure neither of us would mind. Again, it's all about who's there and circumstance, if you ask me.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Quality Assurance? VOZLn

Quality Assurance? Medalw11Quality Assurance? Zigzag10Quality Assurance? White10Quality Assurance? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern October 8th 2011, 8:40 am

WELP

guess I'm gone if this happens
    Nuva
    Nuva

Quality Assurance? Medalw11Quality Assurance? Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva October 8th 2011, 12:07 pm

Auflodern wrote:WELP

guess I'm gone if this happens
    If what happens? A lot is getting suggested, are you talking about mine?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content