Nnoitra Hushimo
Moran
FelixTheKid
20 posters

Shadow needs to be scrapped.

Poll

Should Shadow be scrapped?

[ 5 ]
    Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_le1126%Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_ri11 [26%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_le1121%Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_ri11 [21%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_le1142%Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_ri11 [42%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_le1111%Shadow needs to be scrapped. Bar_ri11 [11%] 

Total Votes: 19
    FelixTheKid
    FelixTheKid

Shadow needs to be scrapped. WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Empty Shadow needs to be scrapped.

Post by FelixTheKid January 22nd 2012, 10:44 am

Yes... >_> Shadow The Hedgehog needs to be scrapped out of the Sonic series. Why? Cuz' all of his importance has dropped down to 0% since SA2. Shadow was supposed to stay dead in SA2, but SEGA brought him back because Shadow's new fanboys were whining about his death. And we all knew the outcome of that. *shiver* All that Shadow is now is a horrible Sonic recolor who thinks he's better than everyone else because he can shoot magic missiles, and can skate fast. He's a poser emo who can't decide which side he's on, and whines about Maria. WHO CARES? :/ And Shadow couldn't beat Sonic in a race, EVER. He says Sonic fakes him, even though Shadow already knows he was artificially created. If Shadow didn't have his skates, he would easily be a goner. We don't need a gun-wielding, swearing, and violent, stupid emo Sonic recolor in this series.

Discuss and vote.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Empty Re: Shadow needs to be scrapped.

Post by Moran January 22nd 2012, 10:50 am

Well, Shadow possesses potential like everything pretty much everywhere. The problem is that someone somewhere along the line keeps saying "Fuck him, just bring him in every now and then to make the fantards moist." A stupid decision in terms of artistry, but obviously they're profiting so they probably don't care too much unless someone can show them a highly plausible way to make more money.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Shadow needs to be scrapped. 56qtD

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo January 22nd 2012, 11:42 am

I think Shadow has potential, it's probably just they don't want to give him room to show that potential.
    Zez
    Zez

Shadow needs to be scrapped. VOZLn

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Blackr10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Zigzag10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez January 22nd 2012, 1:24 pm

He wasn't the most original character to begin with anyway.
    Evolia Marie
    Evolia Marie

Rep0

Post by Evolia Marie February 10th 2012, 2:13 pm

"Ah- NO
    "Shadow the Hedgehog is probably one of the most popular if not solid character of the series. True, he rode of Sonic's coattails to GET there, but that doesn't mean he's an all bad character.
    "The way he's portrayed has been getting sloppier and sloppier with each game, I'll admit. As much as I love the series, I can own up and say that the modern Shadow has been twisted a bit.
    "But without him, where would the entertaintment be of the Anti-hero? He's hard core.
    "Don't hate the Shadster."
    Techimo
    Techimo

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo February 10th 2012, 4:08 pm

Shadow is basically a ghost. With no importance.

Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Shadow needs to be scrapped. 56qtD

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo February 10th 2012, 6:29 pm

Tech Hushimo wrote:Shadow is basically a ghost. With no importance.

Yeah, recently. Unlike how he was in SA2 and 06 because he had importance to the stories in both those games.
    Gaming Misfit
    Gaming Misfit

Rep1

Post by Gaming Misfit March 12th 2012, 10:44 pm

I'm just tired of the character at this point.

If they gave him more personality than a brick, I'm okay with him.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Imagee10

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Blackr10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Zigzag10Shadow needs to be scrapped. White10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 13th 2012, 5:19 pm

Miles "Tails" Prower wrote:
    Tech Hushimo wrote:Shadow is basically a ghost. With no importance.

Yeah, recently. Unlike how he was in SA2 and 06 because he had importance to the stories in both those games.
    The first one is his first appearance and 2006 was some time ago
    Name some more recently
    -RT
    -RT

Rep1

Post by -RT July 25th 2012, 5:18 am

People who call Shadow emo or a person with no personality puzzle me. How can a character be emo (ie whiny dramar queen brat), if 90% of the time he shows little to no emotion? And didn't he demonstrate his personality - determination, agression, arrogance, stoicism already?

Now, what Shadow needs, is a role in the story. After 06, he didn't have much role in stories and was just there. I mean, he appears out of nowhere in Generations just to fight Sonic, how lame is that? And he can't be scrapped, not only because he's popular, but also because he's the only rival, who didn't cease to be dark and fulfill his rival role.
    Psychic Hedgehog
    Psychic Hedgehog

Rep0

Post by Psychic Hedgehog July 25th 2012, 9:26 am

I think he should be scrapped not only because of his low significance but also for his shitty personality. Oh wait, he doesn't have one, because he's so cliché and, if I'm honest, emo. That won't happen, because he has a massive fan following, though.

He should have stayed dead after SA2. Either that or Sonic Team should have at least made him a more relatable character.

Last edited by Psychic Hedgehog on July 25th 2012, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Psychic Hedgehog
    Psychic Hedgehog

Rep0

Post by Psychic Hedgehog July 25th 2012, 9:28 am

-RT wrote:People who call Shadow emo or a person with no personality puzzle me. How can a character be emo (ie whiny dramar queen brat), if 90% of the time he shows little to no emotion? And didn't he demonstrate his personality - determination, agression, arrogance, stoicism already?

Now, what Shadow needs, is a role in the story. After 06, he didn't have much role in stories and was just there. I mean, he appears out of nowhere in Generations just to fight Sonic, how lame is that? And he can't be scrapped, not only because he's popular, but also because he's the only rival, who didn't cease to be dark and fulfill his rival role.
    I agree with your second paragraph. I think the reason why people think he's emo (me included) is because in Shadow the Hedgehog (and in Adventure 2) he did nothing but moan about Maria. That and he kept on getting grim flashbacks of her.
    -RT
    -RT

Rep1

Post by -RT July 25th 2012, 9:28 am

Well, he got over it. No mention of Maria in Sonic 06 or any of the following games.
    Psychic Hedgehog
    Psychic Hedgehog

Rep0

Post by Psychic Hedgehog July 25th 2012, 9:31 am

But then, in those games, he had no defining emotion. He was just... there, as you said - so people probably had to try and relate to his past personality because he doesn't have one anymore.
    -RT
    -RT

Rep1

Post by -RT July 25th 2012, 9:32 am

Psychic Hedgehog wrote:But then, in those games, he had no defining emotion. He was just... there, as you said - so people probably had to try and relate to his past personality because he doesn't have one anymore.
    He lost the key personality trait - but he didn't lose all the others. His no-nonsense attitude, aggression, ruthlessness, determination (I think this can be called his key trait in Sonic 06, especially evident in the final cutscene) are still with him.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Shadow needs to be scrapped. White10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz July 25th 2012, 11:06 am

Nobody let SA2 see this topic.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Blackr10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Zigzag10Shadow needs to be scrapped. White10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic July 25th 2012, 11:24 am

Why?
    He would agree with the topic dicussion
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Shadow needs to be scrapped. White10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz July 25th 2012, 11:40 am

But radically.
    HeartBreaker
    HeartBreaker

Shadow needs to be scrapped. 3qll2

Rep3

Post by HeartBreaker July 25th 2012, 11:50 am

I honestly think he was a good character in SA2 and I liked him in Shadow the Hedgehog (despite everyone else seemed to hate the game) and I even liked him in Sonic Heroes. Though I never played Sonic 06, and I don't plan on playing it anytime soon, I don't think he should be scrapped. I mean he could be a good character if they just gave him more personality. He had a good personality in SA2, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, in my opinion, but the only reason I think he shouldn't be scrapped is because of the massive fanbase.

Yeah. Sure he has no personality, but he has such a massive fanbase and I'm sure some day, the writers and everything will give him more of a personality, but as for now we'll just have to deal with his no personality self, because I can't see him getting scrapped anytime soon.

Not sure if my post makes sense. ._.'
    Link451
    Link451

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 July 25th 2012, 1:21 pm

They need to make him like he was in '06 more.
    -RT
    -RT

Rep1

Post by -RT July 25th 2012, 1:56 pm

Link451 wrote:They need to make him like he was in '06 more.
    Indeed. The way he was portrayed in that game was the best thing about it. Plus, he was the least moronic of three protagonists in it (Silver trusted Mephiles, Sonic was oblivious to Mephiles' existence).
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* July 25th 2012, 2:07 pm

He doesn't need to be scrapped. He just needs to be given a better characterization and have it remain consistent.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Shadow needs to be scrapped. ZtZYh

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Blackr10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Zigzag10Shadow needs to be scrapped. White10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13Shadow needs to be scrapped. 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 25th 2012, 2:31 pm

Psychic Hedgehog wrote:I think the reason why people think he's emo (me included) is because in Shadow the Hedgehog (and in Adventure 2) he did nothing but moan about Maria. That and he kept on getting grim flashbacks of her.
    Um...not sure what game you were playing, but he hardly talks about Maria in either game, and when he does bring her up, it's merely to re-firm his goals to himself.

And of course, -RT pretty much proved what he personality was in all the games. He only really lost his arrogance, and that's understandable considering the circumstances (and even then it still flashes up occasionally).
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Kz2PK

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 July 25th 2012, 3:22 pm

RANT
    x_X shadow + maria = what?

what kind of a combination is that? an evil hedgehog and a dead 12 year old girl with NIDS. And I half expect her to be a robot-in-disguise which doesn't make the combination any better. Silly

I want them to re-do this whole episode but instead, make maria an egg. or an ostrich. YEAH! an ostrich. who is stuck inside an egg! Happy

TO THE POINT

OKay, but that aside. Seeing as how Sonic the Hedgehog is a "Spring" game (I'm not just saying that because of all the springs), and is loosely based on Hedgehog's day, a variation on Groundhog's day, I think its kind of creative for the Hedgehog to see his shadow.

For more about Hedgehog Day see: hedgehogcentral.com/hedgehogday.shtml

The only problem is that the two hedgehogs have no relation so he's not really "Sonic's Shadow" he's just a shadow...

IDK logic is dumb i'm never using it again Annoyed

sykog
    sykog

Shadow needs to be scrapped. Blackr10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalw11Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medalg10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Zigzag10Shadow needs to be scrapped. Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 25th 2012, 3:25 pm

TrueBlue52 wrote:RANT
    x_X shadow + maria = what?

what kind of a combination is that? an evil hedgehog and a dead 12 year old girl with NIDS. And I half expect her to be a robot-in-disguise which doesn't make the combination any better. Silly

I want them to re-do this whole episode but instead, make maria an egg. or an ostrich. YEAH! an ostrich. who is stuck inside an egg! Happy

TO THE POINT

OKay, but that aside. Seeing as how Sonic the Hedgehog is a "Spring" game (I'm not just saying that because of all the springs), and is loosely based on Hedgehog's day, a variation on Groundhog's day, I think its kind of creative for the Hedgehog to see his shadow.

For more about Hedgehog Day see: hedgehogcentral.com/hedgehogday.shtml

The only problem is that the two hedgehogs have no relation so he's not really "Sonic's Shadow" he's just a shadow...

IDK logic is dumb i'm never using it again Annoyed

I didn't understand anything you said but loved all of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content