The ancient lands.


    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Male
     Rep4

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 538

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by SpeedyBlueDude on July 18th 2012, 1:03 am

    Mine: In the next Sonic Game, in a city level, you can the Bones of a giant Cat and a Frog lying on the streets :P
    sykog
    sykog

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Imagee10

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Blackr10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalg10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Zigzag10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13

      : Male
     Rep29

    Age: : 26
     Posts: : 8839

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by sykog on July 18th 2012, 1:08 am

    That's horrible! Killing off the most important character.
    84
    84

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. VOZLn

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Blackr10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11

      : Male
     Rep33

    Age: : 70
     Posts: : 1876

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by 84 on July 18th 2012, 1:13 am

    How could you even dream of that...
    sykog
    sykog

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Imagee10

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Blackr10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalg10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Zigzag10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13

      : Male
     Rep29

    Age: : 26
     Posts: : 8839

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by sykog on July 18th 2012, 1:16 am

    I'm tempted to delete this topic and permaban you.
    Phantom
    Phantom

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. VOZLn

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13

      : Male
     Rep11

    Age: : 36
     Posts: : 1005

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Phantom on July 18th 2012, 2:32 am

    -A contest is run before the game is released, and the winner has gets one's name mentioned in a special shout-out by the Sonic characters during the game.

    -A speech therapy tape is found in Eggman's main base, and it's stuck repeating the phrase "Snooping as usual, I see."

    -Before going Super Sonic, Sonic mutters under his breath "It's Morphin' Time!"

    -Large red barrels with white diamond patterns are lying in a discarded heap against a corner in a robot factory. Upon approaching them, we hear Sonic stifle a laugh.

    -When confronted with a problem, Sonic replies "Well, what do you want me to do? Turn into a werewolf and smash it with stretching arms?"
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep5

     Posts: : 369

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by TrueBlue52 on August 2nd 2012, 10:03 pm

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Sonic___Easter_Egg_by_ojamajodoremidokkan
    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Happy-easter-from-ivo-robotnik

    Thanks to Google for all images.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep5

     Posts: : 369

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by TrueBlue52 on August 2nd 2012, 10:34 pm

    In all serious, I would make it so that whenever sonic frees his friends from the egg capsules in the last level, a lot of rings come out too.

    And it would last for the whole credits. Rings and animals would keep hopping out of the egg capsule until the credits were done rolling.

    But I would only do it for one game. And not one of the crappy ones. It would have to be one of the sonic games with a gillion dollar budget.
    iHawk
    iHawk

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. 3qll2

      : Male
     Rep15

     Posts: : 218

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by iHawk on August 2nd 2012, 11:03 pm

    in sonic 06, the game stops

    in the next Sonic riders, he'll say 'You're too slow'
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Imagee10

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. White10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalg10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11

      : Male
     Rep33

    Age: : 88
     Posts: : 2338

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Schnickelfritz on August 3rd 2012, 1:46 am

    Phantom wrote:-A contest is run before the game is released, and the winner has gets one's name mentioned in a special shout-out by the Sonic characters during the game.

    Like Chris Houlihan?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. ZtZYh

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Blackr10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Zigzag10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. White10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on August 3rd 2012, 2:29 am

    Big cameos EVERYWHERE.

    In one level, you'll see a dog and a pigeon talking.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. VOZLn

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13

      : Female
     Rep10

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 1514

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by *ShiningStar* on August 3rd 2012, 3:00 am

    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Big cameos EVERYWHERE.

    In one level, you'll see a dog and a pigeon talking.
    I better see my Hatsun cameo Lan!!
    Alice Twilight
    Alice Twilight

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. WFmvl

      : Female
     Rep0

    Age: : 27
     Posts: : 47

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Alice Twilight on August 3rd 2012, 3:07 am

    Princess Sally jacket hung up in shopping mall like level.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. VOZLn

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Zigzag10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. White10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13

      : Male
     Rep26

    Age: : 25
     Posts: : 4159

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Auflodern on August 3rd 2012, 9:51 am

    iHawk wrote:in sonic 06, the game stops

    in the next Sonic riders, he'll say 'You're too slow'

    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Female
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 914

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by PaytonBree on August 3rd 2012, 1:15 pm

    I remember one of the Easter eggs in TP was Ganondorf got distracted by a fishing rod. Horrible. I think a good Easter egg would be being able to steal a random persons hat, then get twenty rings for it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. ZtZYh

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Blackr10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Zigzag10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. White10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on August 3rd 2012, 5:56 pm

    They do that in most of the Zelda games. Silly


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Female
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 914

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by PaytonBree on August 3rd 2012, 6:38 pm

    The Freedom Fighter wrote:They do that in most of the Zelda games. Silly

    True, but making the main boss a laughing stock? I mean c'mon. Not that he, (or any of the other bosses for that matter.) was hard to beat.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. ZtZYh

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Blackr10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medalw11Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Zigzag10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. White10Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Medal13Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on August 3rd 2012, 6:59 pm

    PaytonBree wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:They do that in most of the Zelda games. Silly

    True, but making the main boss a laughing stock? I mean c'mon. Not that he, (or any of the other bosses for that matter.) was hard to beat.
    Well that's your fault for using the fishing rod. Silly And I don't know, he's pretty hard if you get into a clash.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Female
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 914

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by PaytonBree on August 3rd 2012, 7:03 pm

    I didn't use the fishing rod the first time, and I beat him within three minutes. :P
    For a main boss he was pretty easy, that's all I'm saying. Also, Zant was a fag. I just had to say that. :3
    AshuraSenku
    AshuraSenku

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. WFmvl

      : Male
     Rep0

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 68

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by AshuraSenku on August 3rd 2012, 7:27 pm

    Big the Cat's ghost appears in every level.
    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Female
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 914

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by PaytonBree on August 3rd 2012, 7:28 pm

    AshuraSenku wrote:Big the Cat's ghost appears in every level.

    Oh God help us all.
    AshuraSenku
    AshuraSenku

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. WFmvl

      : Male
     Rep0

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 68

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by AshuraSenku on August 3rd 2012, 7:32 pm

    PaytonBree wrote:
    AshuraSenku wrote:Big the Cat's ghost appears in every level.

    Oh God help us all.
    I agree ,my idea is brilliant.
    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Female
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 914

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by PaytonBree on August 3rd 2012, 7:34 pm

    AshuraSenku wrote:
    PaytonBree wrote:

    Oh God help us all.
    I agree ,my idea is brilliant.

    It made me cringe, well done.
    Generations
    Generations

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. WFmvl

      : Male
     Rep0

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 40

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Generations on August 3rd 2012, 9:29 pm

    There would be a future like city, and there'd be a statue of a blue robot that says "The hero of many powers."
    Mega Man, anyone? :3
    avatar
    Moran


      : Female
     Rep34

    Age: : 76
     Posts: : 2137

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Moran on August 3rd 2012, 9:38 pm

    @Ganon a pushover in TP: I'm pretty sure I beat him in the final battle (Where it's blade to blade in an inexplicable ring of fire.) the first time. It seemed to take ages, though; he apparently has a crapton of stamina, and the fact that the master sword is the only thing that hurts him in the slightest for canonical reasons, meaning I can't just spam bombs at him or take away half his HP stun-locking him with arrows before my quiver's empty, like can be done with most enemies, didn't help the fact that he took ridiculously long to kill.

    But anyway. Easter eggs. I can think of about a cajillion relating to Eggman, because he's one funny guy if you ask me, and he has a lot of potential. Plus, he's Eggman.

    1: Eggman has a secret base hidden deep under some city level in the game, that's the final level. Going into some sewer area as Sonic, you can break through a wall and end up in a rather long, winding cave going down. The music cuts out after you go a little bit into the cave. At the end of the cave is another breakable wall, and behind that is Eggman's master control room with Eggman himself in there. When you break the wall, Eggman suddenly slams his fist on a button on his desk, and an unbreakable glass-like shield comes down around him. He'll then turn around to face Sonic in his desk chair and yell, "Hey! You're not supposed to be in here yet! Follow the story!" If the shield is attacked, he'll say random taunting things about it being completely indestructible. If the player can manage to glitch through it, he'll say "Ohoho! Hope you have a flying cheat on!" And the player will fall through the floor; it will have no clipping data on the inside of the shield, and Eggman will have no programming to take damage of any sort, and can even be passed through completely himself. All doors in and out of the control room will be conveniently locked as well as indestructible so that the final level doesn't have to be loaded in tandem with the level Sonic is actually meant to be in, for hardware purposes.

    2: Building upon the above, if the player discovered this in the city level, Eggman's main control room will have the same hole in it in the actual final level for Sonic. It will show in all cutscenes that take place in that room, as well as when you enter the room itself. It will also be possible to enter it, though it will have a cave-in a little bit inside. There will be an attack on the city by Eggman earlier in the story, and a player who's astute and remembers this can realize that this isn't just a hand-waving to not have to load the city at the same time as Eggman's base, but also explained by the story.

    3: In several Eggman-centric areas, there will be recorded messages that give a bit of flavor detailing the day-to-day operations of the Eggman Empire. Codes of rules and protocols that specific sorts of worker robots are supposed to follow, recorded notes to self by Eggman that were lost around the base, etc.

    4: Similarly to the above, deep within Eggman's main base of the game, in the final few stretches of the last level, (I.e. Eggman's personal quarters.) are bits of diary that delve into Eggman's psyche and personal life. They're mainly hidden in rooms off from the main path that are difficult to get into and not easily noticed. Some ideas:
    • Eggman:"Augh! I've been locked out of my bedroom for days! I still can't find that bucket of bolts excuse for a maintenance bot so he can unlock it! I hate sleeping on my couch!"
      (Sound of door sliding open in background)
      Orbot: (In a faint voice, obviously somewhere in the background.) "Sir, the password was AJ9472N. Not M."
      Eggman: (Angered scream) "Why didn't you tell me sooner!?"
      Orbot: "I did, sir. Several times. But you're a very po--" (Recording ends there, as if turned off amid Orbot's speech.)

    • Eggman: "Rrrgh! Cubot broke again today! I can't even find anything wrong with him; (sound of a clank; like a tool being slammed or thrown down on a desk) I think he's just too lazy to wake up! At least Orbot proved useful for once, unlike his brother. My back would probably be broken if he hadn't seen that wet spot on the floor! (Mumbled) I'm turning in for the night. (Sound of footsteps, then 7 beeps.) ... What!? Why won't the door open!?"

    • Eggman: "I've finally developed a better antipsychotic in my lab. I'm not so angry any more. I need to remember to get it through to (Sudden, sharp loud banging noise; Eggman's naming of his puppet corporation can't be deciphered due to the loud noise causing severe feedback) so they can market it. I've been horribly short of funds lately."


    5: After the full game story is completed, Eggman randomly hovers over all levels that both have an open sky and don't have him as a boss. Sometimes he'll be visible flying low, and may even wave to the player and say some sort of greeting. This references the fact that Eggman is mostly on good terms with all the characters, especially Sonic, when he's not carrying out his latest plan to take over the world, or at the least, the heroes don't go out of their way to attack him unless he's up to no good. Also, it parodies the fact that, in serial fiction, the main antagonist(s) always seem to get off scott free for their crimes, no matter how extreme, and nobody seems to care.

    6: When Eggman appears as a boss after the level in question is completed, his lines will be different upon the opening of combat. E.g. "Why are you back here!? Oh well, no matter. Not like you being slow does me anything but good! I have another one of these too, and this is just the perfect place to use it!" Also, when the story is completed in full, his lines will be different again, and usually fourth wall-breaking. E.g. "Gah! I don't want to do this! Why didn't they program me out!? You've already stopped my latest plan! Why don't you leave me alone!?"

    ETA: @Generations: Megaman is not owned by SEGA. This would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. GOMM8

      : Female
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 914

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by PaytonBree on August 4th 2012, 10:53 am

    Mly wrote:@Ganon a pushover in TP: I'm pretty sure I beat him in the final battle (Where it's blade to blade in an inexplicable ring of fire.) the first time. It seemed to take ages, though; he apparently has a crapton of stamina, and the fact that the master sword is the only thing that hurts him in the slightest for canonical reasons, meaning I can't just spam bombs at him or take away half his HP stun-locking him with arrows before my quiver's empty, like can be done with most enemies, didn't help the fact that he took ridiculously long to kill.

    But anyway. Easter eggs. I can think of about a cajillion relating to Eggman, because he's one funny guy if you ask me, and he has a lot of potential. Plus, he's Eggman.

    1: Eggman has a secret base hidden deep under some city level in the game, that's the final level. Going into some sewer area as Sonic, you can break through a wall and end up in a rather long, winding cave going down. The music cuts out after you go a little bit into the cave. At the end of the cave is another breakable wall, and behind that is Eggman's master control room with Eggman himself in there. When you break the wall, Eggman suddenly slams his fist on a button on his desk, and an unbreakable glass-like shield comes down around him. He'll then turn around to face Sonic in his desk chair and yell, "Hey! You're not supposed to be in here yet! Follow the story!" If the shield is attacked, he'll say random taunting things about it being completely indestructible. If the player can manage to glitch through it, he'll say "Ohoho! Hope you have a flying cheat on!" And the player will fall through the floor; it will have no clipping data on the inside of the shield, and Eggman will have no programming to take damage of any sort, and can even be passed through completely himself. All doors in and out of the control room will be conveniently locked as well as indestructible so that the final level doesn't have to be loaded in tandem with the level Sonic is actually meant to be in, for hardware purposes.

    2: Building upon the above, if the player discovered this in the city level, Eggman's main control room will have the same hole in it in the actual final level for Sonic. It will show in all cutscenes that take place in that room, as well as when you enter the room itself. It will also be possible to enter it, though it will have a cave-in a little bit inside. There will be an attack on the city by Eggman earlier in the story, and a player who's astute and remembers this can realize that this isn't just a hand-waving to not have to load the city at the same time as Eggman's base, but also explained by the story.

    3: In several Eggman-centric areas, there will be recorded messages that give a bit of flavor detailing the day-to-day operations of the Eggman Empire. Codes of rules and protocols that specific sorts of worker robots are supposed to follow, recorded notes to self by Eggman that were lost around the base, etc.

    4: Similarly to the above, deep within Eggman's main base of the game, in the final few stretches of the last level, (I.e. Eggman's personal quarters.) are bits of diary that delve into Eggman's psyche and personal life. They're mainly hidden in rooms off from the main path that are difficult to get into and not easily noticed. Some ideas:
    • Eggman:"Augh! I've been locked out of my bedroom for days! I still can't find that bucket of bolts excuse for a maintenance bot so he can unlock it! I hate sleeping on my couch!"
      (Sound of door sliding open in background)
      Orbot: (In a faint voice, obviously somewhere in the background.) "Sir, the password was AJ9472N. Not M."
      Eggman: (Angered scream) "Why didn't you tell me sooner!?"
      Orbot: "I did, sir. Several times. But you're a very po--" (Recording ends there, as if turned off amid Orbot's speech.)

    • Eggman: "Rrrgh! Cubot broke again today! I can't even find anything wrong with him; (sound of a clank; like a tool being slammed or thrown down on a desk) I think he's just too lazy to wake up! At least Orbot proved useful for once, unlike his brother. My back would probably be broken if he hadn't seen that wet spot on the floor! (Mumbled) I'm turning in for the night. (Sound of footsteps, then 7 beeps.) ... What!? Why won't the door open!?"

    • Eggman: "I've finally developed a better antipsychotic in my lab. I'm not so angry any more. I need to remember to get it through to (Sudden, sharp loud banging noise; Eggman's naming of his puppet corporation can't be deciphered due to the loud noise causing severe feedback) so they can market it. I've been horribly short of funds lately."


    5: After the full game story is completed, Eggman randomly hovers over all levels that both have an open sky and don't have him as a boss. Sometimes he'll be visible flying low, and may even wave to the player and say some sort of greeting. This references the fact that Eggman is mostly on good terms with all the characters, especially Sonic, when he's not carrying out his latest plan to take over the world, or at the least, the heroes don't go out of their way to attack him unless he's up to no good. Also, it parodies the fact that, in serial fiction, the main antagonist(s) always seem to get off scott free for their crimes, no matter how extreme, and nobody seems to care.

    6: When Eggman appears as a boss after the level in question is completed, his lines will be different upon the opening of combat. E.g. "Why are you back here!? Oh well, no matter. Not like you being slow does me anything but good! I have another one of these too, and this is just the perfect place to use it!" Also, when the story is completed in full, his lines will be different again, and usually fourth wall-breaking. E.g. "Gah! I don't want to do this! Why didn't they program me out!? You've already stopped my latest plan! Why don't you leave me alone!?"

    ETA: @Generations: Megaman is not owned by SEGA. This would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

    You put way to much thought into this. XD

    Sponsored content

    Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game. Empty Re: Create an Easter Egg for a Sonic Game.

    Post by Sponsored content