Ratchet & Clank

F3lix
    F3lix

Ratchet & Clank WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Ratchet & Clank Empty Ratchet & Clank

Post by F3lix September 5th 2012, 4:41 pm

Ratchet & Clank is a series of 3D platformer/third-person shooter games created and developed by Insomniac Games (also known for developing the Spyro series & Resistance series).

Since the release of the original game for the PlayStation 2, simply called Ratchet & Clank in 2002, the series has gained come to be known as one of the best Sony-exclusive franchises. Since the duo's debut in 2002, has spawned 11 games, a manga, and comic book series. The series is published and owned by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the games have been released on the PS2, PSP, and PS3. All the games altogether have sold 24 million copies, and all the games have come to critical acclaim, and commercial successes. The series this year, is celebrating it's 10th anniversary.

The series is about a Lombax (some sort of anthro cat-like animal) named Ratchet who with his best friend, a small, but witty and intelligent robot named Clank travel throughout the universe and save it from evil on nearly a daily basis.

Various weapons throughout the series highly differentiate from average weapons, as they have a creative, wacky, and cartoony touch to them. Such as a gun which a creature that fires destructive belches, a weapon that can open black holes to suck up enemies, a ray that can turn enemies into chickens, a cannon that can suck up enemies then fire them as projectiles, and others.

The series is also known for it's quirky sense of humor, & making references to other video game franchise, namely, Jak & Datxer, who make small cameo appearances in various Ratchet & Clank games since Insomniac & Naughty Dog have close relations to each other.

I was introduced to Ratchet & Clank when I got a demo of Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction off of PSN. It was my first ever shooter game, and I was BLOWN away by the visuals, and I was highly interested in how the game played. I eventually got the full game, and eventually ended up playing the other Ratchet & Clank games, and since then, I've been a huge Ratchet & Clank fanboy fan to his day.

What do you like about the series? How were you introduced to it? What are some of your favorite games in the series, and what are some of your favorite moments in the series?

Discuss!
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Ratchet & Clank VOZLn

Ratchet & Clank Medalw11Ratchet & Clank Medal13

Rep11

Ratchet & Clank Empty Re: Ratchet & Clank

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 5th 2012, 5:22 pm

I have only played it a few times, but from what I have played, it pretty solid and good fun.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Ratchet & Clank Imagee10

Ratchet & Clank Blackr10Ratchet & Clank Medalw11Ratchet & Clank Medalg10Ratchet & Clank White10Ratchet & Clank Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 5th 2012, 10:47 pm

I make a point to play every game in the series, although I've found the more recent games to feel very forced in terms of the humor since Insomniac clearly wanted to go a more serious route.

Also, I feel the need to mention that the first game was the only one with a decent soundtrack. Sure the radio stations in Crack in Time were dandy and all, but none of the actual in-stage music has been very good since the first game.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Ratchet & Clank ZtZYh

Ratchet & Clank Blackr10Ratchet & Clank Medalw11Ratchet & Clank Zigzag10Ratchet & Clank White10Ratchet & Clank Medal13Ratchet & Clank 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 6th 2012, 1:33 pm

The collection came out recently for PS3, but it doesn't seem to have added much I'm afraid.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran September 6th 2012, 3:38 pm

Have 1-4 on the PS2, both Futures on the PS3, and SM (The home console remake.) and SAC. If I'm missing any of the games in my collection, someone damn well better tell me so I can get 'em. <3 R&C. Especially Ratchet. He's an adawwable alien kitty who kicks ass.

ETA: Oh, and Rathet & Clank (I.e. the characters.) are on the official Dudelicious Bros.TM list.
    F3lix
    F3lix

Ratchet & Clank WFmvl

Rep0

Post by F3lix September 6th 2012, 5:52 pm

Mly wrote:Have 1-4 on the PS2, both Futures on the PS3, and SM (The home console remake.) and SAC. If I'm missing any of the games in my collection, someone damn well better tell me so I can get 'em. <3 R&C. Especially Ratchet. He's an adawwable alien kitty who kicks ass.

ETA: Oh, and Rathet & Clank (I.e. the characters.) are on the official Dudelicious Bros.TM list.
    I think you're missing All 4 One. Then, there's the upcoming 10th anniversary game, Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force to be released this Fall.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Ratchet & Clank Imagee10

Ratchet & Clank Blackr10Ratchet & Clank Medalw11Ratchet & Clank Medalg10Ratchet & Clank White10Ratchet & Clank Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 8th 2012, 10:35 pm

Mly wrote:Have 1-4 on the PS2, both Futures on the PS3, and SM (The home console remake.) and SAC. If I'm missing any of the games in my collection, someone damn well better tell me so I can get 'em. <3 R&C. Especially Ratchet. He's an adawwable alien kitty who kicks ass.

You said "both" futures. I'm assuming that means no Quest for Booty?

I went out and imported it from Australia because a download isn't really part of a collection now is it?
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran September 8th 2012, 11:06 pm

Damn, I'm behind the times on everything of late. *sighs dejectedly*

Danke, Felix. Danke, alte freund Erazor.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest September 9th 2012, 12:09 am

I've played 3 games, from what I remember I liked them.
    EpicHelixGamer101
    EpicHelixGamer101

Ratchet & Clank WFmvl

Rep0

Post by EpicHelixGamer101 October 25th 2012, 4:03 pm

I have no Ratchet and Clank games DX but i have played them i think that it might be my favorite adventure/shooter game out there...mabye it is beaten by Jak 3 but in my opinion it is a great series.
    UltimateSonicLvlUp
    UltimateSonicLvlUp

Ratchet & Clank WFmvl

Rep0

Post by UltimateSonicLvlUp October 28th 2012, 11:11 am

Mly wrote:Damn, I'm behind the times on everything of late. *sighs dejectedly*

Danke, Felix. Danke, alte freund Erazor.

Why were you rude to my bro?
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran October 28th 2012, 11:39 am

Because die in a fire, sock.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Ratchet & Clank Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor November 29th 2012, 1:52 pm

Full Frontal Assault launched but a few days ago and nobody noticed. I had a feeling that game was going to be crap anyway.

Damn, Insomniac really has let themselves go.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran November 30th 2012, 12:54 am

Wait whoa what.

Y-you mean ...

Insomniac finally kept a major game for more than three releases instead of selling the IPR off ... and then they fucked it up!?

No ... No! I refuse to believe it! It can't be!

*has a mental freaking breakdown*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content