The ancient lands.

4 posters

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome!

Hushimo HD
    Hushimo HD

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! VOZLn

: Male
     Rep18

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! Empty Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome!

Post by Hushimo HD September 11th 2012, 7:42 pm

Okay. Very few things amaze me, but this is one of them! You guys have got to try this out. There are no other words to describe this other than amazing. It's a bunch of interactive experiments that Google have put together.

There are four awesome experiments for you to try out...

Universal Orchestra
    Ever fancied yourself as a musician? Well here's your chance to shine as you can control a musical instrument located in The London Museum. You get a live feed of the instrument you are playing and you can control the notes. What's even better is that you are collaborating with people from all over the globe who are playing a different instrument. You get a three minute slot where you record a three minute piece with the rest of the other instruments and players at that time. This is then put on display for people in the museum to listen to during the day. The instrument you play is real and is fed to you in real time. This one is my favourite one.

Try it - http://www.chromeweblab.com/en-GB/universal-orchestra

Teleporter
    This allows you to view live video in a 360 degree panoramic view of places where a camera has been fitted. I believe it changes everyday to different locations. It even transmits the sound too.

Try it - http://www.chromeweblab.com/en-GB/teleporter

Sketchbots
    This is pretty cool. You can have your face drawn in sand by robots in the London Museum. All you have to do is take a picture with your webcam and then you are presented with a live feed of a robot drawing your face in the sand.

Try it - http://www.chromeweblab.com/en-GB/sketchbots

Other experiments can be found here - http://www.chromeweblab.com/en-GB/#home
    awesomesaucexp
    awesomesaucexp

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! WFmvl

Rep0

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! Empty Re: Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome!

Post by awesomesaucexp September 13th 2012, 10:57 pm

Wow. That's REALLY freaking cool. I'll have to try this when I have a little more time to burn. Collaborative art is the future, dude.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! Imagee10

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! Medalw11Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! Medal13

Rep20

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! Empty Re: Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome!

Post by Nuva September 16th 2012, 9:20 pm

Woah, same here man, that sounds like really amazing stuff right there
    Hushimo HD
    Hushimo HD

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! VOZLn

Rep18

Post by Hushimo HD September 18th 2012, 6:29 pm

It's not bad, eh?

It's hard to believe how far technology has come for us to be be able to do this kind of stuff, when if you look back to the first space shuttle...it had less technology than a typical mobile phone has now!
    AnotherAvatar
    AnotherAvatar

Chrome Labs - A whole world of awesome! WFmvl

Rep0

Post by AnotherAvatar September 26th 2012, 1:48 am

Way to make me waste like 30 minutes laying down a drum beat with people across the world.

Good stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content