Zezima
    Zezima
    Adeio Vasilia
    Adeio Vasilia

Enthusiasm Blackr10Enthusiasm White10Enthusiasm 2nio02t

Rep80

Enthusiasm Empty Enthusiasm

Post by Zezima October 2nd 2012, 9:12 am

Do you have a passion? Something you're enthusiastic about? Something you live for? Well, regardless of your answer, I certainly hope that you do, it, if nothing else, occupies your time at worst, and gives your life purpose at best.

Why do I ask? Well, see this whole forum started because I was passionate about Sonic, which eventually lead me to joining SoA, because that was a place that I could express my thoughts on and use as an outlet everything I was concerned with regarding Sonic. Many events later, TSC's formed, and that becomes my new enthusiasm. Now this isn't going to affect my work here, that's not the issue, the issue, rather, revolves around my question to myself, and to you; "What am I even doing?" I can't justify anything I do because I just simply do not care. I do still like Sonic, pretty sure I always will, but if I were honest, the last Sonic game I could wholeheartedly support was almost a decade ago now. I have no interest in discussing him, my apathy just overflows.

Further, I don't seem to have an interest in talking to people in general anymore, and to that I'm uncertain the cause. Perhaps I don't find them stimulating anymore, perhaps it's my own social awkwardness, whatever the case may be, I've stopped caring as much as I have, or did, not three or four years ago. That's just not logical.

See, I'd eventually like to see TSC become the number one Sonic site, or, if we're to settle for less, at least come to be a site known by name and word of mouth, as only 3 Sonic fan sites have been able to achieve.

But ... why? Even if that does happen I won't feel that much of an achievement in it due to my overwhelming languor and stolidness. And what little I've retained interest in doesn't seem like prime subject matter to share and enjoy with others. I doubt I've expressed my thoughts in an articulate enough manner, but that's no surprise either. My question to you is ... what matters to you? What're you still enthusiastic about, and how do you show that? What's your goal?

I'm beginning to think I have none.
    DW_
    DW_

Enthusiasm WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Enthusiasm Empty Re: Enthusiasm

Post by DW_ October 2nd 2012, 9:27 am

Don't let yourself think that you have no goals. It's a silly thing to think, as if you have something you actually want to do at any time in your life, that's a goal. It's almost impossible to care so little about everything that you don't have any goals set forth to achieve. I used to feel the same way.

Myself, I'm passionate about music and writing, as well as any combinations thereof. Of course, I like Sonic too, but in many places, SoA being the worst offender, not being a "critical fan" (ie not hating all games/eras except one specific one) is like an instant rage bell. EVERYONE will rage at you, call your opinions stupid, etc. for it, and that's really been detrimental to any draw I had to discussing Sonic at all. Of course, if I were to vent my opinions and frustration at SoA, I'd get banned most likely. Oh, no! The word "shite" may have a slim chance of offending someone! WARN WARN WARN!!!

As for your "previous" goals regarding TSC -- keep at it. It does take effort, but at least you have a topic that's fairly easy to make popular. I learned my lesson when I tried to take on I Ride the Lines, Linerider.org and Elite Line Rider back in 2007. Taking on the three most well-known sites that happened to be owned by big-names in the topic of discussion when you're a relative nobody is a terrible idea.
    FourCartridge
    FourCartridge

Enthusiasm WFmvl

Rep1

Post by FourCartridge October 2nd 2012, 9:32 am

From what I'm getting your whole problem seems to be apathy. I can tell right now it's the worst state of mind ever. Awkwardness should never be something that stops you from interacting with others.

Don't just give up on life, or else what's the point? Instead of looking towards one big goal, why don't you try thinking things like "hey, a least I did this".

If you have interest in other things, talk about them; someone else could find them interesting. I'm pretty sure most of the world finds Sonic to be a pointless thing to have a forum over.

TL;DR: If you have a passion, do things for it. Anyone that says otherwise should mind their own business.
    Atri
    Atri

Enthusiasm WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Atri October 2nd 2012, 9:55 am

Fourcartridge said most of I could have hoped to; Don't just let yourself be consumed by apathy, that's just about the most depressing mindset you could possibly be in. Try to find some reason to care, and be a bit more positive; You're hosting a forum to give people a place to talk to their friends, you should be looking for a job to fund your further education and, you know, have a home...I don't know. I've noticed in your tendency to overanalyze things that you mostly just pick them apart looking for flaws, which isn't really conducive to happiness.

Bah, trying to word things.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Enthusiasm Imagee10

Enthusiasm White10Enthusiasm Medalg10Enthusiasm Medal13Enthusiasm Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz October 2nd 2012, 10:20 am

Eat some cheese, that'll cheer you right up. And wear a Snuggie as a normal part of your outfit.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Enthusiasm Imagee10

Enthusiasm Blackr10Enthusiasm Medalw11Enthusiasm Zigzag10Enthusiasm White10Enthusiasm Medal13Enthusiasm Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 2nd 2012, 8:36 pm

If you want leave the site go ahead. No one will blame you
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Enthusiasm 56qtD

Enthusiasm Medal13Enthusiasm Medalw11Enthusiasm Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm

The thing I eat, sleep, and breathe for...

Enthusiasm Ngbbs4e7e721e119c2

Seriously though, don't let bad things get to you. This might sound stupid, but dude, you have me to talk to if you need any help.
    Corvine
    Corvine

Enthusiasm 3qll2

: Female
     Rep1

Post by Corvine October 2nd 2012, 9:31 pm

I don't have any concrete goals either, but I do have things I care about. For the most part, the reason I care about them is it gives me some sort of stimulation, makes my brain buzz. So, things like video games and talking with friends and drawing and music.
    I can't say I know how to stop being apathetic, but I can say this for certain: things change. It's possible your brain is changing in a way that makes it hard to care about things for now and that when it's done, it will be different. Also, experiences change and develop you. Maybe watch movies or play a new game or go for a walk on a busy day and watch people. Anything that can give you a sense of perspective on life can be refreshing.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Enthusiasm Imagee10

Enthusiasm Medalw11Enthusiasm White10Enthusiasm Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 2nd 2012, 9:35 pm

I don't have an overall goal, but that's what makes things interesting.

Enthusiasm VOZLn

Enthusiasm Blackr10Enthusiasm Medal13Enthusiasm Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 December 28th 2012, 12:24 am

Are you there Zez? It's me, Jesus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content