The ancient lands.

Desires for Pokemon X & Y

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Desires for Pokemon X & Y ZtZYh

Desires for Pokemon X & Y Blackr10Desires for Pokemon X & Y Medalw11Desires for Pokemon X & Y Zigzag10Desires for Pokemon X & Y White10Desires for Pokemon X & Y Medal13Desires for Pokemon X & Y 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Desires for Pokemon X & Y Empty Desires for Pokemon X & Y

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 11th 2013, 1:26 pm

Yup, it's almost time for the world to explode, and then stare at their 3DSs in awe. It's going to be amazing, but before that, I'd like to give some last minute hopes of what could be in the game. Not the likeliest of things, but I'm still having hopes!

1. A deeper-than-expected story: Right now, the story seems kind of simplified. From what we know, the villains don't sound very serious, since apparently they're into fashion...and the story is having some connection to Mega evolutions. But it's all vague for now, so we'll have to wait and see.

2. Pokemon Centers' returning music: A lot of people may not realize or remember, but the Pokemon Centers used to have more than one track. Like this. I'm not saying it's a musical masterpiece, but it fit the time of day it played, and it was nice to hear something different than the same theme every time.

3. Poke Marts and the music in generals: I understand why Gen V would put the Poke Marts in the Pokemon Centers. It's convenient. However, it meant losing a fun and vibrant track that the marts had, and I'd hate to see them lose that piece of music. So, if marts are just going to be in the Pokemon Centers again (I'm not completely sure), then find a place for that song.

4. Returning characters: One thing I enjoyed greatly in these games are the return of former characters. Red, Oak, Cynthia, even a grunt from Team Rocket all made appearances after their major games. I'm hoping Game Freak will make this more frequent now that the Pokemon World Tournament of Black 2 and White 2 stepped things up.

5. References: Something the games rarely do is make references to past games. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum make a small reference to Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, which is nice, but not powerful enough. The Pokemon games are great world-builders, introducing us to new creatures, characters, and places to visit. Personally, I think the games need to start making better use of it and make more references to past games, just for the sake of the older loyal fans.

6. Gender differences: I don't know about others, but I enjoyed having differences in Pokemon depending on the gender. It was a nice addition in Gen IV, but Gen V barely did any differences. So hopefully Gen VI will, because it only encourages me to catch more Pokemon.

7. Better reward for catching them all: I don't think they'd ever do this at this point, but trying to catch them all isn't nearly as rewarding as it should be. You finally catch them all, but all you get is a piece of paper. It needs to be more rewarding than that. I'm not sure how, but think of something, Game Freak.

8. Type balancing: This isn't about how well the types fight, but about how many types there are. For Water types, there are 109 Water types, 74 Grass types, but only 48 Fire types. And those are supposed to be the major types of the games! I get water is the most common thing in the world, but still, come on. The other types need help too, and I don't expect any of them to catch up to Water types; just boost those numbers up.

9. HMs - In or out?: A lot of people dislike HMs. They're sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always forced upon the player. If they must be forced, so be it, as I never had a problem running HMs. However, I only ask that A: Whatever ones you add in, make them useful. Surf has 95 power and 100 accuracy. That's useful. Cut has 50 power and 95 accuracy. That's not useful. Please, improve moves like Cut. B: Make them actually hidden. They're called Hidden Machines...and yet people actually give out these rare moves for free...

10. Secret Bases: With the more connections the games allow us with our Pokefriends, I really think this should return. I want to make houses for myself, and show them off to friends. It was a great idea in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and it needs to return.

There's just ten ideas I've been wanting to see. I'm hoping we'll be seeing them soon...until then, bring on Pokemon X and Y!