Zez
    Zez

Ultimate VOZLn

Ultimate Blackr10Ultimate Medalw11Ultimate Zigzag10Ultimate Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Ultimate Empty Ultimate

Post by Zez March 26th 2009, 6:09 am

...If I were, as an experiment, to start a topic entitled "Which Console is Better?" with the heartfelt urge not to troll, flame, or be a fanbrat, how long would it be until someone trolled, flamed, and fanbrat'd? Seriously. I haven't had a single discussion with anyone on the Internet, ever, about which console is better without someone making a royal donkey out of themselves in some way or another.

So here's that topic, but there is one rule that I want us all to follow:

If anyone posts a post that makes no attempt to be objective, mature, or at least somewhat intelligent, act as if they never posted. Sarcasm in good humor is allowed, caustic attitudes are not welcome.

I'm not going to mention any names, but if you're the kind of poster who's likely to be ignored by those who follow that rule, you probably shouldn't bother posting in this thread unless you've had some miraculous change of heart or feel the time has come to reveal your hitherto-undisclosed ability to act like something other than a two-year old.

If your post is going to be two words long, you also probably shouldn't post in this thread.

Topics for discussion:

1 - The consoles themselves, current-gen (360, PS3, and Wii) weighing the pros against the cons. Which would you most recommend, and which would you outright warn against?

2 - The handhelds, current-gen (PSP and DS, in all of their incarnations), same as the above.

3 - How does PC gaming fare, pitted against the consoles?

4 - As a separate point from the above, how do you feel about the corporate tactics of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo--and, if you feel so inclined, those of PC-related companies? To what extent do said tactics affect your purchasing and recommendation decisions?
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

Ultimate GOMM8

Ultimate White10Ultimate Medal13

Rep24

Ultimate Empty Re: Ultimate

Post by Ringtails March 26th 2009, 1:08 pm

The following is complete opinion.

I tend to think of the Wii as a separate category. As in, it's not even competing against the 360/PS3. It offers an entirely unique library of software and a completely different feeling. So I'm going to put it aside and say Wii + ____ = gaming paradise.

So my real choice is between the 360 and the PS3. Considering that I don't own a PS3, I can't really make a fair comparison. I bought my 360 before the PS3 came out, and I must say that it has served me well past my expectations. The online service, while not free, is a pretty full package.
    But of course, it's the games that define a console. Gears of War awesomeness. I guess I'll never be able to experience MGS4, but I've got a PSP for future LittleBigPlanet goodness.

Handhelds, I gotta go with the DS. So much more offering than a PSP. But that might change as more Japanese PSP games get ported over to the states. Hurry up.

PC is a PC. My only computer is a laptop, so I can just barely run last years games. But in terms of a pure gaming experience, nothing the consoles have can beat my portablility or my mods.
    Hyper Shadow22
    Hyper Shadow22

Ultimate 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hyper Shadow22 March 26th 2009, 8:21 pm

I want to vote twice, both X-Box 360 and Wii, the ultimate systems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content